[RP/MM] Turn 45 CJF vs CLP Sector 2117 Pandora [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, January 09, 2011, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The world of Pandora sat like the impenetrable wall for years. Once more the Clans came to wrest it from it's Lyran owners, although in this instance, Clan Jade Falcon was taking it from one group of Lyrans, and gifting it back to it's true rulers.

The three Galaxy Commanders were meeting on board the JFS Swift Strike, a Star Lord that had been converted into a command and control jumpship for large, multi-Galaxie operations such as this.

Heston looked at his fellow Galaxy Commanders, his gaze capturing each of them.
"We will take this world. We MUST. It has defied being conquored far to many times, but we must not allow it to escape our grasp this time. Khan Sonoma has ordered it taken at all costs, and that is what will happen. Kappa will hit here(he indicated the primary CLP military base, an ex-LCAF facility), striking at their main base of military supplies. We cannot allow them access to their ammunition dumps or mech repair facilities. Lambda and Mu will land here, here and here(he indicated 3 spots surrounding the capital city and main spaceport). We will take out their primary military base and also capture the capital city, including the HPG and spaceport. We saw what small forces were able to do to the HPGs, and we must replicate that. Perhaps we will be lucky, and some WoB personnel will be captured along with the HPGs.

Courage and honor!"

"Seyla!"

A huge Jade Falcon flotilla appears above Pandora, and immediatly deploys dropships and aerospace fighters. A transmission is sent to the planet.

"Attention citizens of Pandora. I am Galaxy Commander Heston Shi-lu, of Clan Jade Falcon. We have watched as the Association of Tharkad Martyrs, and their brutality has grown with planet they have spread their vile hands over. If Pandora has been spared such treatment, it is only a matter of time before they turn their gaze this way. The Jade Falcons have no wish to see the Lyran people suffer further under such honorless dogs. We have come to this planet, as one of the first steps on the road to restoring the true Lyran Commonwealth, from the days of the Star Leauge, when the Commonwealth was among the greatest of nations in human history. It will soon become apparent our motivations, but believe the honor of a trueborn Clan warrior, when I promise you this: Clan Jade Falcon will never utilize the brutality, fear, and terrorism that the Association of Tharkad Martyrs employs to keep its tenuous grasp on the CLP worlds."

The Jade Falcon galaxies burn at maximum speed for Pandora.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

august

"Attention Jade Falcon force, your intentions are clearly in violation of our treaty signed not two months ago. The CLP hasn't in any way breached the accords - it's your black eye if you don't turn back. We'll give you the opportunity to be better than this and turn back, prove that you're better than whoever writes your orders. I mean, god damn! Two months! The worst of the Kuritas could keep it in his pants longer than that. You've been telling us for years that your honor sets you apart from the worthless greedbag nobles of the Inner Sphere, but your declared intentions label you the same sort of two-tongued scum that grabs land and kills people just to enrich their own treasury, calling it a "liberation." If anything, you're just less patient. So if your honor is worth anything, you'll admit you're in the wrong here, turn back, and challenge whoever ordered you here to one of your trials. CLP Pandora Command awaits your response."

(Assuming the Falcons press on, the CLP isn't opposing them in space)

Daemonknight

"You are dark-caste scum, I need no explain my purpose to you. Yours words are worthless, and your accusations are meaningless. And yet, once more you insult the Clan, the very thing that began us to this path. The worlds under your heel must be saved from your insanity, less they be ground to dust by your tyrannical, and fear-driven brand of loyalty.

Enough talk, bandit. It is a good day to die."

CJF forces attack
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

CJF combat roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

CJF critical chance:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical Event:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

65% of 150.5 = 98

CJF forces recieve 15% less damage, CLP forces are disrupted and cannot be given orders next turn(if they survive)

august

164.5 FP of defenders present

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

august

68 FP base damage, down to 56 based on Falcon crit.

Daemonknight

CJF Forces:
150.5 - 56 = 94.5 survive

94.5 + 5.5(battlefield repairs) = 100 FP total

CLP forces:
164.5 - 98 = 66.5

66.5 + 10(battlefield repairs) = 76.5 FP total

Daemonknight

**have to correct my numbers, i accidently droped 10 FP when i counted previously. New numbers below. Also, CLP damage was done incorrectly: 15% reduction was applied to the damage done at 40% of FP, instead of actually reducing the percentage of damage done.**

CJF damage:

65% of 160.5 = 104.5

CLP damage:

(40-15)% of 164.5 = 41.25

CJF Forces:
160.5 - 41.25 = 119.25

119.25 + 4.25(battlefield repairs) = 123.5 FP total

CLP Forces:
164.5 - 104.5 = 60

60 + 10.5 = 70.5 FP total

Daemonknight

2nd Combat Round:

CJF will press the attack

Combat Roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

critical check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

critical event
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

CJF forces encircle and capture 10% of CLP forces before combat is resolved.

10% of 70.5 = 7 FP added to CJF salvage

CLP enters combat with 63.5

CJF combat res:

55% of 123.5 = 68 damage dealt

CLP defenders annihilated