Away thread

Started by silentwarrior, May 04, 2010, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleH13

I am changing shifts as well, so I will not be available for the next few days.

GraeGor

bit of a twist at work I learned of last night

one employee was fired, and I have been given one of his shifts this week...specifically the Thursday "swing shift"

how this will affect my schedule next week is unknown, but there does exist the possibility that a few extra hours here and there may be added until someone new is hired, so this is just a heads up in case Im more sporadic than usual with my time here

Cannonshop

Quote from: GraeGor on October 26, 2010, 03:31:50 PM

one employee was fired, and I have been given one of his shifts this week...specifically the Thursday "swing shift"

how this will affect my schedule next week is unknown, but there does exist the possibility that a few extra hours here and there may be added until someone new is hired, so this is just a heads up in case Im more sporadic than usual with my time here

Hey, in this economy? More hours=more money, which is always good.

NVA

Unless you are salary.  :)

Quote from: Cannonshop on October 26, 2010, 06:31:36 PM
Quote from: GraeGor on October 26, 2010, 03:31:50 PM

Hey, in this economy? More hours=more money, which is always good.

GraeGor

fortunately Im not salaried......so yeah, more hours = more $$$

on the up side, it'll get me used to moving from 30 hours/week to 40...downside, Im one of those types of people that likes his work schedule "stable" and predictable

Iron Mongoose

Stable and Predictable are for suckers... at least that's what I keep telling my self.

And on that note, I do have to anounce that my hope of keeping up with this game has pretty much faded.  Its not so much about excitment as it is about energy and availability.  And the fact that my son is getting more and more into playing pass with balls, which is really exciting (I told him he should try out for the Cowboys...) which distracts from this a bit.

I'd hoped to be able to ease out of things, and to keep a foot in the door, but I don't think that the way things stand, I'll be able to do that.  I'm sorry for having taken so long to come to that conclusion, for I think I've slowed things down a bit by not just turning my positions over at once.  Perhaps as things change, and as my little boy gets older doubtless they will, I'll be back.  I'd like to be.  But not now.

And, as I've said before, part of this is that I am going to try and sign on with the other game.  I've given thought to that, and I feel like I'm up to it, so long as I don't have my Battletech attention devided.  So if some of you see my name on the sign up or in that game, I don't want any supprises.

Mr. JibberJab

Im jealous iron, I want an adorable kid to play catch with me. My brother only has 3 girls so its more along the lines of dress up and braiding my hair.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Mr. JibberJab on November 05, 2010, 06:16:13 AM
Im jealous iron, I want an adorable kid to play catch with me. My brother only has 3 girls so its more along the lines of dress up and braiding my hair.

Unfortunate for you, Mr. JibberJab, My oldest neice was a tomboy until she hit her teens, the second youngest one likes to play army-which makes my sister all kinds of entertainingly upset.

Marlin

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on November 02, 2010, 01:42:28 PM
Stable and Predictable are for suckers... at least that's what I keep telling my self.

And on that note, I do have to anounce that my hope of keeping up with this game has pretty much faded.  Its not so much about excitment as it is about energy and availability.  And the fact that my son is getting more and more into playing pass with balls, which is really exciting (I told him he should try out for the Cowboys...) which distracts from this a bit.

I'd hoped to be able to ease out of things, and to keep a foot in the door, but I don't think that the way things stand, I'll be able to do that.  I'm sorry for having taken so long to come to that conclusion, for I think I've slowed things down a bit by not just turning my positions over at once.  Perhaps as things change, and as my little boy gets older doubtless they will, I'll be back.  I'd like to be.  But not now.

And, as I've said before, part of this is that I am going to try and sign on with the other game.  I've given thought to that, and I feel like I'm up to it, so long as I don't have my Battletech attention devided.  So if some of you see my name on the sign up or in that game, I don't want any supprises.

What does this mean for the Camels, Iron?

Will you still do the orders for this turn? Or leave them alone immediately? They havent done anything for several turns now, which sucks. :( For their oldest Ally at least. You have a PM regarding this. If you will still do the orders, we can talk about this the following days.

Mr. JibberJab

Quote from: Cannonshop on November 05, 2010, 06:18:55 AM
Quote from: Mr. JibberJab on November 05, 2010, 06:16:13 AM

Unfortunate for you, Mr. JibberJab, My oldest neice was a tomboy until she hit her teens, the second youngest one likes to play army-which makes my sister all kinds of entertainingly upset.

*laughs* sounds like a good time to get her into battletech ;) Its army!! WITH LASERS!

Iron Mongoose

Honestly, it was trying to do this turn's that made me realize that I didn't have it in me.  I can't even muster the time to go through all the threads and get a good picture of what is going on as a basis to make plans, to say nothing of finaly finishing up getting the orders sheets finalized and correct to turn something in.

And worst of all, the little Mongosling has realized that if you bang on the keyboard enough, things happen, which he thinks is all kinds of hilarious, but it makes it hard to type.  This is quite a struggle to get out.

So, if I try to do orders and make plans, nothing will go down.  The Camels have sat idle for months because of me, and that's wrong for them, and wrong for their allies, and in all fairness wrong for their enemies.  They should be active, one way or the other.  Or at least be inactive for a reason, and have RP to support it.

So, if another player or a GM can do it, let them do it.  I'll be on the boards, so I can give any help there is to give.  And if no one can do it, well its hardly any difrent from now.

Quote from: Marlin on November 05, 2010, 07:34:16 AM
Quote from: Iron Mongoose on November 02, 2010, 01:42:28 PM

What does this mean for the Camels, Iron?

Will you still do the orders for this turn? Or leave them alone immediately? They havent done anything for several turns now, which sucks. :( For their oldest Ally at least. You have a PM regarding this. If you will still do the orders, we can talk about this the following days.

JediBear

It turns out I simply don't have the interest or energy for this game anymore. Consequently, I am resigning all of my roles effective immediately. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: JediBear on November 08, 2010, 01:11:52 AM
It turns out I simply don't have the interest or energy for this game anymore. Consequently, I am resigning all of my roles effective immediately. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Sorry to hear that Jedi... I hope you'll still stick around in the OOC at least so we can benefit from your wisdom :)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

JediBear

Quote from: Dave Baughman on November 08, 2010, 01:44:43 AM
Quote from: JediBear on November 08, 2010, 01:11:52 AM

Sorry to hear that Jedi... I hope you'll still stick around in the OOC at least so we can benefit from your wisdom :)

I'll probably check in from time to time.