Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

No, with the Salvage, he should be back in the green. Not counting the RP loss for a 10 FP LiFu Warship. I think he came out good enough despite some bad rolls and stuff.

Iron Mongoose

Well, he also won the prize, which was sufficantly valuable to him to send three high end warships to take, so I'd say the Vipers are 'ahead' in the end for their win, even if it may have been more costly than they might have liked to see in a more sedate trial. 

Fatebringer

Quote from: Marlin on June 24, 2011, 08:00:29 PM
No, with the Salvage, he should be back in the green. Not counting the RP loss for a 10 FP LiFu Warship. I think he came out good enough despite some bad rolls and stuff.

yes, but that 10 FP warship is worth 82RP because of the cost modifier and training :P

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on June 24, 2011, 08:15:59 PM
Well, he also won the prize, which was sufficantly valuable to him to send three high end warships to take, so I'd say the Vipers are 'ahead' in the end for their win, even if it may have been more costly than they might have liked to see in a more sedate trial.

True, if you add in the prize, they're ahead, but just as far as the battle goes, they're under, but then, what is the honor they lost worth...?

Iron Mongoose

On the one hand, honor won't put food on the table.  On the other, dishonor can encourage other people to take food off your table.  Tricky qustion.  As is so often pointed out, its all about how we each RP our responce to it.

Iron Mongoose

If you want to just assume a 1FP bid, then we can fill in weather it was a line unit bidding low, or a millita unit bidding everything, after the fact.  I should be able to reserch our orders for that data early next week (maybe).

Quote from: Daemonknight on June 24, 2011, 04:56:27 AM
Quote from: Iron Mongoose on June 22, 2011, 09:57:49 PM
If no players are willing and able to do this, we will do our best to get around to it, but be cautioned that our best may not prove very good.  If a few days pass and there is no responce, Demonknight may resolve these himself, if he has the time and energy.

as for this, I'd be happy to roll out the rest of the combats myself to save DR the work, and it'd obviously be done according to your stated wishes. However, I don't know if there is actually line units at each world, or what size for you'd have setup to defend the planet- the current range is 3-5fp, so i'd be forced to go with 4. However, thats not something I'm comfortable doing unless you specificlly say that its okay. Plus as I said- not sure if any of those worlds are undefended, making it a 1fp militia trial.

if you can either post here that 4fp is good, or 3, or whatever, I can finish up all the planetary top trials, and we can move foreward with the Bloodline trials whenever you guys get that setup(however, we only have 4 days, so if you're going to get it done, we need to move on it, otherwise I have to assume you are denying all of them).

chaosxtreme

Problem is if it is a line unit once you get to MM.

It is either a line unit with cruddy second rate equipment fighting novice's in Fafnir's. Or nope.....thats pretty much it.

Never seen one "militia" fight that went to MM where they were sporting equipment off the A and B RAT's. :-) Mind you its fun but when your Militia is running around in Fafnir's and Devastator's it doesn't matter that theri IS Regular when the Elite Clanner is running around in a Urbie IIc.

Am I wrong?

:-)

P.S. To me skill modifiers should not even count towards the "Fairness" of a contest. Can anyone imagine a Second Line Garrison Cluster saying to a enemy Clan's Second Line Garrison Cluster "WHAT you filthy surat your bringing down three of your five trinaries to face my 5 of Second Line Battlemechs! That is dezgra!"

No because no clanner even if he is a commander of a Solhama unit is going to call another Clan's force superior warrior for warrior. It does not matter if its the other Clans Keshik being substituted in, or if his own mechs and armor are substandard he is just not going to do it.

Fatebringer

Fatebringer

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on June 24, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
On the one hand, honor won't put food on the table.

Which is pretty much the definition of being dezgra and the reason why we hate mercs... or as Chaos says, a dirty stinking spheroid. But the IS factions that try to play ignorant ran out of excuses about 30 years ago after 10 years of dealing with and abusing bids. :P

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on June 24, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
On the other, dishonor can encourage other people to take food off your table.

Which is the standard Clan response. But before another Clan comes for your food, they mock you mercilessly as being a pregnant surat who needs the food so badly that you have to fight without honor to feed your freebirth surat litters. Which is the phase we're at right now ;)

Quote... and we can move foreward with the Bloodline trials whenever you guys get that setup

**Cough Cough** Harvest Trails!!! *** Cough Cough**

QuoteAm I wrong?

Not that I can see. :P But I've lost track of where some of these examples have gone. I know there was some description of how the same amount of FP can represent vastly different forces, but no Militas get anything but a single lvl 1 light or medium mech, plus some vehicles infantry :P So, no comparing them to a Fafnir on Elite Urbie match :) That Wolverine 6k was one of the best mechs I could pick. I vary my stuff from crappy to good, light to medium, as I feel it should be. No picking a Cronus every time :P Gimme a Whitworth, a Hunchback, a Locust, a ... whatever ;)

Deathrider6

Alright here's the deal. If it isn't done by 11:59 PM PST Tomorrow (tonight) it becomes my issue. If there are any outstanding disputes from the combat threads that are complete I'll deal with it. You will have until 1159PM PST on the 27th to issue any special orders that I need to apply.

Daemonknight

can everyone see the T2 boards, or did I miss a permission somewhere?
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

T2 threads visible and accessible to me.

Daemonknight

Let me know if its visible now Fate
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

Marlin

Holy Diceroll, Batman. That were some ugly things there. You really rolled some high numbers, Dave. And I guess the Alphard fight was heavy. How they would capture so many Cats however, will need some thoughts. I am open for proposals. Or, if someone wants to write that down at all, I would want to hear that as well.