Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannonshop

Okay, I'm sure it's gotten around now, so I might as well make it publicly known...

Thursday, I fell down the stairs at work, flat on my back, hard enough to crack a thoracic vertebra.  As a result, I don't have to worry about mandatory overtime for a while, and the doctors gave me a prescription for Vicodin.  I was lucky enough NOT to end up with nerve damage, neck damage, or a broken open head (though I suppose they'll be hammering the dent out of the beam above the stairs that I hit, causing the whole event.)

I guess the pills work-it only hurts a little bit, instead of a lot, but I expect I'm a lot LESS smart on this shit, than I would be without it.  Nevertheless, I committed to probably the biggest MA scenario I'll get to play with my own faction, and it's one with a very low chance of success for me. 

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play...

Dave B and I arranged to play this out starting sometime between 1830 PST and 1900 PST.  I don't know the server addy yet, but I'm hoping that even stoned on pain meds (I react rather strongly to them, and always have) I can make a good showing.

Marlin

Snap, man. Good that it was not worse. Hope you recover soon, dude.

Cannonshop

Naval BAttle of Kowloon is delayed until Sunday (tomorrow) at 1400 Pacific Standard Time-we got a late start tonight, had loading problems (solved!), some organizational issues (Thanks for the fix, Dave), and it's a big, complex fight, so we didn't get very far before people started falling out.  (Vicodin, Curse Ye!!)

Hopefully the save will WORK and it won't be all screwed up requiring a full restart tomorrow.

as it is, I'm fuzzed out on painkiller, so it's off to bed for me too.

Cannonshop

If I don't get specific orders from the GM staff,or Xantophes,  at 0100 hours PST on Tuesday of this week, I'm sending Holt the Cappie's most recent orders sheet.  as far as I am concerned, he won the trial.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Cannonshop on September 19, 2011, 05:08:22 AM
If I don't get specific orders from the GM staff,or Xantophes,  at 0100 hours PST on Tuesday of this week, I'm sending Holt the Cappie's most recent orders sheet.  as far as I am concerned, he won the trial.

CS, Xanto, Holt, please standby before handing over any classified materials. The GM team needs to do some dice rolls to verify if there are any complications with the holdover. We will try to get you an answer before Tuesday midnight, but if you don't hear from us, give us a little more time.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 19, 2011, 06:07:06 AM
Quote from: Cannonshop on September 19, 2011, 05:08:22 AM

CS, Xanto, Holt, please standby before handing over any classified materials. The GM team needs to do some dice rolls to verify if there are any complications with the holdover. We will try to get you an answer before Tuesday midnight, but if you don't hear from us, give us a little more time.

hey, I just want to make sure I'm being fair with the other players, that's the only reason I committed to a deadline-because that way Holt would know that I'm not going to jerk him around, and Xantophes would know I'm not jerking him around.  I'll comply with any deadline you assign to this affair.

Dave Baughman

FYI, Star League faction leaders, there is a new voting thread open. Please note that this is an emergency vote and only seated representatives were notified. Factions currently petitioning for membership, including those who have been voted in but have not seated a representative yet, were not given notice of the vote.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Xantophes

I didnt mean to cause quite the stir here i just played it out how i thought best. it was a no win situation to begin with and when your leader nukes herself you kinda stumble thru things as best you can. I found it to be interesting that the person with the upper hand was willing to make the fight even in order to save lives not alot of leaders take that risk.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Xantophes on September 19, 2011, 05:47:37 PM
I didnt mean to cause quite the stir here i just played it out how i thought best. it was a no win situation to begin with and when your leader nukes herself you kinda stumble thru things as best you can. I found it to be interesting that the person with the upper hand was willing to make the fight even in order to save lives not alot of leaders take that risk.

Xanto, its all good. Were the events that played out this turn in the Capellan Confederation unprecedented? Sure. However, FGC is fundamentally a player-driven game, and that means that sometimes unexpected things happen. As you are probably already starting to see in the CC threads, there are going to be some complications, but please don't take that for Official GM Displeasure (tm) or anything like that - we're just doing our due dilligence to ensure an adequate level of 'crunch' to the scenario.

Holt

There is one hex left that i forgot to post, can i still post it?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on September 19, 2011, 06:23:21 PM
There is one hex left that i forgot to post, can i still post it?

Unless it was hung up by a movement request (which I don't believe is the case here) I'm afraid the deadline for opening new threads has passed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Holt

You are not sorry and you know it!

Dave Baughman

Quick FYI to everyone: I have already received several inquiries about the status of Capellan mercenary commands. The short answer is: yes, several Capellan mercenary commands will be up for contract effective next turn.

The long answer is: many mercenary commands will be up for contract renewal next turn. It has come to my attention that almost all of the mercenaries in the IS, with a few exceptions (like the Snords and other than were picked up after their original owner defaulted) are still operating under no-bid, minimum rate contracts dating back to before turn 20. The GM team will be providing more information about this as the turn progresses, but basically we will be giving the player base an opportunity to shake up the current mercenary contracts.

At this time please do not send the GM team explicit contract offers for the Big MAC or other Capellan commands, as we won't be able to respond to them until the exact mechanics for awarding contracts are finalized.

chaosxtreme

Fatebringer

Muah ha ha, I think an "Independant contractor" will be looking for some deals. ;)