Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyJaeger

Daemonknight

Hey parm, is it okay if the FS sends its Magistracy tribute in the form of armed, impact-fused nuclear warheads? and by 'send', I mean drop from the top of planetary gravity wells??

:P
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Parmenion

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 16, 2011, 01:21:30 PM
Hey parm, is it okay if the FS sends its Magistracy tribute in the form of armed, impact-fused nuclear warheads? and by 'send', I mean drop from the top of planetary gravity wells??

:P

For sure... it will make good target practise for my Invictus class.

Daemonknight

Renaming warship classifications now are we? Impavidos?
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

GreyJaeger

What are the current statuses of Comms providers? It is not listed in the Rules section is why I ask.

And also, Upgrading Comms is Infra? Or No? For purposes of the 5 Infra Projects

Parmenion

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 16, 2011, 01:37:10 PM

:-X

Daemonknight

I'm hesitant to dig up the rules, because i don't know that we ever fully switched from the old to the new. Let DR get on that before I actually post the rules, okay? I know that the only way to have Provider status is to run your own IC network(meaning minimum of 2 ICs). Last I knew, the only factions capable of doing so are the Clans, Comstar, the FWL and the FS.

The issue becomes this; the only way to gain Provider Status is to operate your own ICs. The only way to build/operate ICs is to be a Provider. The new rules took out the research rules that the FWL was persuing to gain Provider status, while the FS used its Intel Tokens to buy 2 ICs, and thus was granted a form of 'free' breakthrough(the FWL had to do this aswell, because under the old rules, they couldn't build ICs yet either).

So your communications options are ComStar, a Clan, or the Federated Suns(the FWL is a few hexes to far for them to establish an HPG link, so they're unavailible to you).

Daemonknight

Quote from: Parmenion on May 16, 2011, 01:49:20 PM
Quote from: Daemonknight on May 16, 2011, 01:37:10 PM

:-X

thats not funny in the least actually, because we were specificlly told no warships designs allowed- not case-by-case, but simply not allowed. And theres been no rules for custom designs either.

GreyJaeger

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 16, 2011, 01:54:04 PM
I'm hesitant to dig up the rules, because i don't know that we ever fully switched from the old to the new. Let DR get on that before I actually post the rules, okay? I know that the only way to have Provider status is to run your own IC network(meaning minimum of 2 ICs). Last I knew, the only factions capable of doing so are the Clans, Comstar, the FWL and the FS.

The issue becomes this; the only way to gain Provider Status is to operate your own ICs. The only way to build/operate ICs is to be a Provider. The new rules took out the research rules that the FWL was persuing to gain Provider status, while the FS used its Intel Tokens to buy 2 ICs, and thus was granted a form of 'free' breakthrough(the FWL had to do this aswell, because under the old rules, they couldn't build ICs yet either).

So your communications options are ComStar, a Clan, or the Federated Suns(the FWL is a few hexes to far for them to establish an HPG link, so they're unavailible to you).

Was just asking, but the other issue was what status was the DC as far as Black Box Providers.

GreyJaeger

Nothing to see here....

Fatebringer

QuoteJust a note. The prestart orders are due today and the Turn one orders are due the 21st. There is a little flex time built in so I can check sheets and get adjustments in. The map will probably need to be gone over with a fine toothed comb and I will try and make sure it is out by the end of the week but that will depend on if I can catch Chaos long enough this week to have it done.

I was still waiting on some pending resolution from the GM's regarding tech availabilty for our new designs.

QuoteLast I knew, the only factions capable of doing so are the Clans, Comstar, the FWL and the FS.

The FS becoming a Prodiver is a new thing to me, and I ran them :P I know the FS helped out some Precenters, but this absorptions of Comstar's legal rights is getting pathetic. I'm starting to feel that the WoB was a good idea...

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyJaeger on May 16, 2011, 02:01:28 PM

Was just asking, but the other issue was what status was the DC as far as Black Box Providers.

Unless I am insane and just imagining this, DC achieve primary provider status for Blackbox via an R&D roll during the '62 campaign.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GreyJaeger

Quote from: Dave Baughman on May 16, 2011, 06:44:51 PM

Unless I am insane and just imagining this, DC achieve primary provider status for Blackbox via an R&D roll during the '62 campaign.

I know the DC has a BBF, so I know we are high enough for that. Hopefully Holt will pop in.

Deathrider6

Quote from: Parmenion on May 16, 2011, 12:41:18 PM
Quote from: GreyJaeger on May 16, 2011, 12:28:27 PM
I know what my starting package is, but what was the other things I needed to get done? The other OOC thread has gone missing it appears.

Pick 10 new designs (no Warship designs) for the DC, from TROs 3075 or 3085.
Choose 5 infrastructure projects.

Give half your starting package to the Magistracy!!

Yep that is correct.

Deathrider6

Quote from: Dave Baughman on May 16, 2011, 06:44:51 PM

Last time I checked that was the case Dave.