Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

No worries, I don't have any desire to run 204 rounds of combat this turn :P

As for important Bloodlines: any Steiners, or non-bloodnamed warriors able to claim the Steiner Bloodname(Charlie's or otherwise, not sure if you have discussed using them as material for new sibkos). Otherwise, whomever the highest ranked are(if multiple Bloodnamed are of the same rank, who ever has the most prestigious name, giving precedence to Exclusives of 'dead' Clans). Also, the reason behind this, is because I was told that so long as I hold the genetic legacy, you arn't able to use it in new sibkos yourself(Chaos told me this, I'm not familiar with this part of Clan Law, so if someone knows the specifics or can confirm that is indeed the case, or not, please let me know).

Also, if someone wishes to run the Falcon/Lyran side of a fight, let me know- as IM said, there are enough fights here, especially with the 4 Naval trials, for anyone who is up for a game to get it in. I don't have any real timeline on these, though I'd rather they get done sooner than later. If there is a fight you'd like to have, shoot me and Grae/IM a pm so we can figure it out.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Its a very good point that preposterous numbers of trials can always be declared... but then again, if someone was going to challenge me to 200+ trials in one turn, I'd tell them to bugger off and then break out the nukes  ;)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

Hey, who let Herb in here? :P
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

chaosxtreme

I am always interested in the Naval trials. :-)

Marlin

My Timeline idea:
It will be needed for the Wiki and our RP so here it goes:

3072-3
In 3072 (or 73 for more realistic timeframe), The FWL, Lyrans and Spirit Cats launched a more or less coordinated assault on the RWR.

The Cats took on the outer positions with the Capital World, while the Lyrans and FWL worked on the vast inner worlds.

Apollo would be placed under a 4 year long blockade, and other planets were taken with much force, however, vicious and fanatical resistance was the answer. Thus, many planets took several years to pacify.

Worst were the central Planets like Apollo, assaulted in 76 and falling in 77 after terrible fights and loss of most Infrastructure. (Nukes, much? Many planets or just a few? None?)

The Spirit Cats had liberated their share of planets until 3080 with Apollo declared pacified in 82, leaving the touman depleted and the conquered territories devastated and in some cases devoid of populace.

Khan Andrea West is shot by a Guerilla on Apollo, succeeded by Selina Fokker. Mattheu Sumner becomes saKhan. (Update for you, Daemon)

End of Campaign

Then began the long process of integrating the planets into the appropriate realm and the rebuilding of industry to pre-war levels. (State as of 91 map)

If there was a final stand of Daphne Rowe and Adam Steiner is not my call. Apollo could be it or another planet more interior at least for "Leonidas". Whatever suits your need for epicness, I guess.

Mind you, that is an important of history and should not be taken too lightly, as 20 years are much time. The fact that so few actually happened in this time could be attributed to this gruesome war.

Daemonknight

the Lyrans have Daphne and Peter. Have not decided what ti do with them just yet.

the FWL didn't conquer their section of the RWR- they won it via voting or something like that according to Chaos. I don't remember exactly.

9 years is a ridiculously long amount of time to conquer those worlds. But I don't see a detailed history as being nessicary here. There are other things that're more important to be worked on, and if that campaign happened the way you say it would, there would be fighting between the Lyrans and the Cats. But there wasn't that I'm aware of.

Deathrider6

'twas a referendum.....

chaosxtreme

FWL also picked up the remnants of the RWR military who are itching for revenge against the hated Lyrans and Spirit Cats.

Though their hatred is not shared by the rest of the FWL as a whole (not that any one cares much for Lyrans but those Spirit Cat blokes are a good sort).

Parmenion

Quote from: Daemonknight on June 10, 2011, 09:42:33 PM
9 years is a ridiculously long amount of time to conquer those worlds. But I don't see a detailed history as being nessicary here. There are other things that're more important to be worked on, and if that campaign happened the way you say it would, there would be fighting between the Lyrans and the Cats. But there wasn't that I'm aware of.

For the Lyrans, probably not really.  With the decimated state of the LCAF the Lyran nation would have been hard pressed to organise sufficient garrison strength for their important worlds, let alone be able to create an offensive force of sufficient strength to take back those former Lyran worlds held by the RWR. 

You guys would have to have kept one eye on the Adders (and the Hellions and Falcons and probably even the Terrans because they don't really like you either) whilst at the same time attacking the RWR on a shoestring operation.

Deathrider6

The involved parties (FWL/CNC/CSA/LA) need to come up with data for the Wiki should they choose to. Having that would be nice as well as a Link to the Wiki intself so our newer players can read up on the factions  activites. This is a suggestion NOT a requirement.

Deathrider6

Just a note the first round of reports will be going out. Watch you PM box.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Deathrider6 on June 11, 2011, 12:59:12 AM
The involved parties (FWL/CNC/CSA/LA) need to come up with data for the Wiki should they choose to. Having that would be nice as well as a Link to the Wiki intself so our newer players can read up on the factions  activites. This is a suggestion NOT a requirement.

FYI, the URL for the wiki is: http://fc62.intelser.org/

At some point in the future I will research to find out whether or not it is practical to change it to fc91, but to be honest that's kind of a low priority item for me right now.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

BTW when editing the wiki, feel free to liberally drop links on key terms by putting double-brackets on them. I went through and did this on the Assassination at Twycross article. If you're in the mood also add appropriate categories at the bottom.

Don't worry about adding red-links, they are often all some other editor needs to remind them of an article they want to write.

If you want to link to something other than the text in the article, just use a bar to seperate the link from the text - for example in Assassination at Twycross I turned "what appeared to be Techs" into a link, but I wanted it to go to "Rabid Foxes" if clicked, so I made it "[[Rabid Foxes|what appeared to be Techs]]"

Happy editing!

Dave Baughman

One other fun markup note - if you make a redirect page, like "Hellions" which contains just a link to "Clan Ice Hellion" put '#REDIRECT' followed by a space right before the link. This will make it so anyone who types in or links to 'Hellions' will automatically be taken straight to 'Clan Ice Hellion'

Marlin

I forgot to tell about the Friendly Movement rule where there was some irritation about the Falcons: Grae has it right that an allied movement wanting to mount an attack within the allied territory has to state that in the first hex of the allied territory. As the Ally then becomes enemy in this case, the movement will be denied and the movement Hex has to be taken first. The moving through is definitely not applicable anymore.

Please watch out for this as it could remove some threads yet, at least to my opinion. Dave could clarify that further but that is how I read it.