Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

To the timeline: I know it is long but I needed some sense in the 20 years, so this was the only thing that happened for most. Thus it had to take some time. And knowing the RWR it was good to do it not the easy way. That both leaders would end up in your hand alive and such seems quite the easy way to me but I am not a ruler there.

And the FWL-voted worlds: I hope this did not happen in an instant but rather in light of the aggressive campaign of Lyrans and Cats that those worlds switched to you? Not all at once but over the years?

They chose life under FWL rule rather than to kill themselves and their worlds I would assume. Certainly a smarter thing but still they were RWR worlds for a reason and thus should have had to think a bit on this, right?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on June 11, 2011, 07:23:07 AM
I forgot to tell about the Friendly Movement rule where there was some irritation about the Falcons: Grae has it right that an allied movement wanting to mount an attack within the allied territory has to state that in the first hex of the allied territory. As the Ally then becomes enemy in this case, the movement will be denied and the movement Hex has to be taken first. The moving through is definitely not applicable anymore.

Please watch out for this as it could remove some threads yet, at least to my opinion. Dave could clarify that further but that is how I read it.

It is possible to use allied movement to sucker-punch someone, though it would be hard as the allied movement request PM has to contain:

• FP value of the force
  • Final destination (if it is within the ally's territory)
  • Request for permission to conduct combat ops

So the would-be attacker would have to tell the potential victim how much he was sending, where he was sending it, and explicitly request permission to do combat ops. If the attacker isn't paying attention to the PM or naively allows it (maybe you snookered him with an intelligence op or with clever diplomacy), then you could conceivably attack.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GI Journalist

QuoteNaval Recon
Type: Raid
Mimimum Force Size: 0.25 FP
Requirement: Mobile or LFB Mobile movement class. Pirate Transit is mandatory.
Effect: If the required Pirate transit is successfully undetected gain full knowledge of enemy forces in hex (100%
reliable). If Pirate Transit fails, the raider may retreat or engage any forces defending (which can be from any or all planets in the hex). If the defender successfully engages then damage is rolled. If the Recon mission is engaged by the Defender the recon unit gains full knowledge of the units that engaged them (only applicable if any of the Recon mission escapes) but no other Naval forces in the
hex.

Gah! An all out invasion on the first turn! I guess I should have anticipated this...  ;D

So what information do I owe on the successful naval recon of Alphard?  Both naval and ground forces, or just naval forces?

Marlin

HEy GI. Yeah, you probably should. ;)

But well.

All you have in the Hex would be owed to me. (Except Spec Ops stuff)

Thanks.

After that we can get it rolling.

A reaction on the Lothario Raid was also good to finish that one up as well.

Marlin

Regarding the new ruling of DR towards Naval Recon:

Could you change the rule appropriately that there can be no misunderstanding contrary to your ruling, please? By now it says: "ALL" instead of all Naval or something. Would be better and spare us trouble later.

Daemonknight

I thought everyone understood that NAVAL Recon, only applys to NAVAL forces. Assuming otherwise is kinda pushing logical interpertation of the rules.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Not when taking fluff into account and how it was done before.

GI Journalist

I appreciated the GM ruling. As written, it was open to misinterpretation, and I'm glad we could avoid any confusion. 

Marlin

Aye, it obviously was needed. So if you have any Aero or Naval in Alphard Hex, I would still like to know about it. :)  ;D

GI Journalist

PM on its way, and now I have another rules question.

If I'm producing new units on Alphard, when are they completed? In time for the battle, on the turn I ordered them or next turn?

Marlin

When you started them in turn 1, then they are ready start of the next turn. Means, all you started in turn 1 are not ready for action.

Daemonknight

It also means u don't reveal them to naval recon
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

GI Journalist

That's what I thought. My next question is the obvious one.  What happens to the production if I lose the world this turn and the hex is contested? Do I lose the production run? Or does the new unit retreat to the nearby world in the same hex, provided they can run the blockade?  ???

Daemonknight

If the unit isn't fully constructed yet, it appears somewhere else you have the ability to complete it. If your only SYs and MFs are on Alphard, then you'd lose the units. But if you have alternate sites, it appears at one of them instead(the unit doesn't techniclly exist untill the turn it becomes active).

Parmenion

Quote from: Daemonknight on June 14, 2011, 05:07:16 AM
If the unit isn't fully constructed yet, it appears somewhere else you have the ability to complete it. If your only SYs and MFs are on Alphard, then you'd lose the units. But if you have alternate sites, it appears at one of them instead(the unit doesn't techniclly exist untill the turn it becomes active).

Although in theory/practise DK, you put down the point of assembly on your ordersheet.  So if the point of assembly is Alphard, then GI has a little problem (in my opinion).