Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Well without a DC player, there really isn't much that can be done in the east
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

What has happened with Grey?

And besides, even when they had one or more, there was one major incident quite early in the game, after that, peace.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on July 07, 2011, 05:54:11 PM
Nice writeup Cannon. You should really join some Clan. Perhaps even the Cats. :)

Seriously. The GC is not what it used to be. To the rest, I wont comment too much. I think if it keeps people thinking about possibilities, it is a good thing and keeps the game alive. Bad enough that all the big powers in the east play nice with each other.

right at the moment, I need to get the Cappies into some kind of shape worthy of handing off to another player first-I didn't realize what a basket-case mistake I was making until it was too late with them.  Once they're in-shape and handed off to a new boss, I can think about taking another faction.

It'll probably be the Blood Spirits-why?

Because there aren't that many of the Clans I like left close enough to 'open' to be worth the effort.  Daemonknight's got the Falcons pretty much front-to-back, someone else has the Steel Vipers, the Bears, Snow Ravens, etc. are one big happy superstate now, the Hell's Horses are in good hands, and the Goliath Scorpions are...well...gone.

Oh, and the Star Adders? Unrecognizable, too many changes, too many policies that, in my "Clanner" Game-Face I'd have to challenge over.

You'll note, I'm not all that keen on Warden Clans.  I consider the Crusader philosophy (when articulated intelligently) to be a better grounding in-character than the Warden, esply in this setting.

I never really liked the Cats, even when they were just Nova-Cats, and Diamond Shark as a faction doesn't do anything for me either.  Playing Clanner for me means playing Crusader, and in particular, playing crusader means playing someone who honestly and sincerely believes in the Way of the Clans, and honestly thinks that that way needs to be spread in a war of conversion, with guns, for the honest beneficience of his fellow man.

It also means measuring both the character's 'self' and his Clan by adherence to the Honour Road, and HONOURABLE success in battle-winning isn't everything, winning with HONOUR is.

The only "Crusader" clan that still has more than a vestige of that, that is also open..? NOT the Cats.

So...for the time being, I'm satisfied with running my two little factions-the UIW, and the Cappies, and maybe eventually I'll be able to hand off the Cappies to some lucky person after I've gotten them sorted out into something worthy of being a nemesis to someone.

Daemonknight

Quote from: Marlin on July 07, 2011, 06:19:40 PM

And besides, even when they had one or more, there was one major incident quite early in the game, after that, peace.

Grey left the game before the turn actually started. If memory serves, it was before the actual start of the game.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Marlin

Uh, really? I remember some interesting RP on his side, but if so, damn. :(

Cannon: I see your point. I also share your sentiment regarding the Crusader-Warden-split, however, the game is running for too long to keep those categories imo. I agree though, that the Spirits, with the right leaders, could be some kind of guidance for the few remaining Clans. If they follow their late course, they are just doomed.  :-\

You did not mention the Hellions at all, though. I am sad. So very, very sad.
Crash and the Boys - I'm So Sad, So Very, Very, Sad

GreyJaeger

Quote from: Marlin on July 07, 2011, 06:19:40 PM

What has happened to Grey is quite extreme.
1. For those of you who do not know, my son passed away this past Christmas Eve. This event has affected, altered, and warped me in ways I am still discovering. I am coping, but it is a struggle.
2. While this is going on, my (now)ex-girlfriend (my boy's mother) decided this would be a perfect time to exasperate the situation.

Now, in the pre-relaunch, I had a disagreement with another player that added another source of stress I do not need. Compounding the situation, the disagreement was over something that, in my view, went against the spirit, as well as the letter of the Law (rules), as well as my sense of propriety.Trying to get through the mountain of stress I have to deal with in the real world has played out my ability to deal with any extra. In these kind of games, there are going to be disagreements, misunderstandings, hurt-feelings, and what not. But I simply do not have the ability to put up with stress, aggravation, and irritation from what is supposed to be a recreational activity. Also, my ability to deal with people who are the sources of stress, aggravation, and irritation is limited after being severely compromised. So with a complete lack of the ability to, or desire to, deal with what amounts to be a heaping pile of bull#$%^, what option do I have other than not participate?

I am not writing this to gain sympathy or pity.. I don't want it nor do I need it. Truth is I do not know why. I just felt the need to.

Marlin

:'(

Did not know that, Grey. I am sorry.

Daemonknight

And I still apologize for our little argument flaring into what it did. I wasn't aware of #2, but I can see how that would make RL stresses enough to make dealing with the BS that inevitablly crops up in this game not worth the effort.

Perhaps when this game inevitablly gets shelved and we restart in a different period, you'll consider coming back in some small capacity, so we don't see you disappear totally.

Marlin

Please change the Spirit Cat Khan to Lasse Morris, Loremaster to Daimon Rwabdogo.

Daemonknight

Fatebringer

I found my Jump Drive! XD

But have been without power the last two days. :P We were out 3 days last week so I'm trying to catch up on stuff. :) But it's good to have my notes back. Don't have to rename all the commanders again for 200 Clusters :P

Parmenion

Quote from: Fatebringer on July 13, 2011, 01:59:22 PM
I found my Jump Drive! XD

But have been without power the last two days. :P We were out 3 days last week so I'm trying to catch up on stuff. :) But it's good to have my notes back. Don't have to rename all the commanders again for 200 Clusters :P

Only 200?  That's a nice little Touman.

Daemonknight

better than the Falcons, only about 110 there. 190 if you count the ASF detachment as separate, which i usually don't. Never got around to doing each cluster, though I did all my Galaxy Commanders. Naming them and all the RCT commanders was headache enough.

Fatebringer

Some of the "Claw" Clusters are like 1.5 FP, Claws being all elemental units. ;)

Daemonknight

ah, yeah, I don't have any of those :P