Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosxtreme

What mate's do the Lyran's have?

Prior to becoming a GM faction (due to nobody taking them I might add).

The Lyran's had thoroughly pissed off all their neighbours.

Its not the Vipers the Vipers HIT everyone. We hit the Lyrans, we hit the Hellions, we hit the UIW, we hit the Dominion, we hit the Diamond Sharks hell if your within 5-10 hex's of a Viper world you got hit.

Its not the Dominion read the RP that has been posted and it is all about war with the Lyrans whom I might add the dominion DID attack this turn.

Hellion's? Marlin wasn't having fun anymore and he quit. It is unfortunate but at least his attacks on the Lyrans are still occurring.

So Parm straight out. You got a beef with how the GM Lyrans are being run I want to hear it. But I want to know what mate's you are talking about. Enlighten me.

Because making sure the Lyran's were friendless and isolated has been (and still is) a Free Worlds diplomatic goal. Outside of the UIW which has not attacked the Star Adder's the LyrCom does not have friends that I am aware of inchar.

So enlighten me.

Dave Baughman

I think I can answer the question about why LC vs. CSA is being played out instead of, say, just posting a news article saying "LC defeats CSA, huzzah!"

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, we want the LC to take damage and to run the risk of getting strategic reverses (even if the Adders' deployments create a situation where that is only really likely to come from critical events). Secondly, we want to give the option for player involvement - a GM-directed "announced outcome" takes away the players' abilities to rally to the defense of the Adders... or for that matter to stab the Adders in the back and steal their land.

As to the ease or lack thereof that the LC is having fighting the Adders (as opposed to, say, the Hellions), I have to refer those questions to the retired Star Adder players. The GM team is playing their defense using the resources left to us when those players left, and early on we decided not to fiat in additional forces for either side of the conflict.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

Rally to their defense?

Does not compute. The C-G is related by blood to the sitting Adder Khan and it has NEVER even occurred to me to ride to his rescue.

Mind you we will stand receptive to any asylum requests and if he is interested in becoming another one of our loyal provincials there is always room in Parliament.

But assistance? meh.

Ask anyone the FWL only rides to the rescue when we are PAID to do it.

Dave Baughman

Speaking in why we are rolling these out, check out the Tangua thread. That's the sort of thing that consulting the dice gods adds to the game.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Fatebringer

((Just an FYI, Yamamoto is a Japanese name, kinda the opposite of what you would find in a Chinese Leadership like the CC, good for the DC sure, but not on Sian. Chinese names are usually short. Chu, Jung, Zang, etc.))

Fatebringer

Aff. The New Dominion is certain that the Lyrans will come for them one day so, we have taken the Hellion territory to prevent it from going to the Lyran Falcons. Now, if they come for it, they're taking on the New Dominion, who on top of having a pretty kick butt military of their own, have friends  and know how to make allegiences. ;)

Vipers, they the Falcons and the Ravens, but I'm fairly sure if they see the Chalcas way the Lyrans go about things, and the Falcons neglect to rectify their leash holding masters, they will side with the most Clanner-like offensive. Especially if they get good isorla out of it ;)

Cannonshop

Quote from: Fatebringer on September 15, 2011, 06:39:38 PM
Aff. The New Dominion is certain that the Lyrans will come for them one day so, we have taken the Hellion territory to prevent it from going to the Lyran Falcons. Now, if they come for it, they're taking on the New Dominion, who on top of having a pretty kick butt military of their own, have friends  and know how to make allegiences. ;)

Vipers, they the Falcons and the Ravens, but I'm fairly sure if they see the Chalcas way the Lyrans go about things, and the Falcons neglect to rectify their leash holding masters, they will side with the most Clanner-like offensive. Especially if they get good isorla out of it ;)

And think: the Falcons handed the ND a HUGE propoganda boost at Kowloon. 
There were Falcon-owned facilities there and those were outright abandoned
To the not-named, without a fight.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Fatebringer on September 15, 2011, 06:31:21 PM
((Just an FYI, Yamamoto is a Japanese name, kinda the opposite of what you would find in a Chinese Leadership like the CC, good for the DC sure, but not on Sian. Chinese names are usually short. Chu, Jung, Zang, etc.))

Far be it for me to be contrary, but a lot of the warrior houses are distinctly Japanese (Daidachi, etc...) so a Japanese-descended Cappie isn't at all hard to swallow, especially since Sun Tzu's rabid sinoficiation program didn't get nearly as far as it did in Canon.

chaosxtreme

What Dave said.

Hiruitsu, Kamata?

etc

Cannonshop

I don't know, I just want to see where it goes, so whatever Xantophes and Holt agree to do, with whatever weird names they choose to use, is fine with me-I'll just amend the sheet from the results, and let the new guy make the decisions, announcements, and (now that Kali is gone) Roleplay.

It would be amusing as all hell if somehow, Xantophes, having gotten 'convinced' to trial, were to wipe the ground with the Sharks.

That would make me laugh, very, very, hard.

Fatebringer

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 15, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
Quote from: Fatebringer on September 15, 2011, 06:31:21 PM

Far be it for me to be contrary, but a lot of the warrior houses are distinctly Japanese (Daidachi, etc...) so a Japanese-descended Cappie isn't at all hard to swallow, especially since Sun Tzu's rabid sinoficiation program didn't get nearly as far as it did in Canon.

But the Hard Line Chinese wouldn't want that to happen. Lest they fall prey to the opinion that their culture is subpar to anyone. :P There were 4 non Liao Chancellors, Aris, Baxter, Quinn, Salinder...

Daemonknight

From now on, any time a GM Faction is engaged in combat, the pertinent forces will be posted, and if someone wants to play the games, just say so in the thread. So all those CJF v CIH/CSA fights where you see line-item forces listed, are open, but the games need to be approved by me or Dave. Somerset for example, should feature a number of PWS and Assault droppers on the CJF side because of their FP advantage, even though they are outnumbered in terms of warships. An alternate route might be to drop the monolith and the Vincents from the fight, and roll those in with the ASF SimRes, let the big ships duke it out.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Dream Trance - Butterfly

pertient to the New Samarkand thread?

Dave Baughman

Wow, more impressive valor on the part of the Hellions in the face of Falcon doomstacks. Check out Morges and Chapultepec.

Fatebringer