Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

LOL, I was SO thrown off by the renaming of the turns ;) Glad to see the old numbers back though :)

Parmenion

So... who's stolen all the combat threads?   ???

October 13, and there's scarcely a whiff of cordite in the air.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on October 13, 2011, 10:59:52 AM
So... who's stolen all the combat threads?   ???

October 13, and there's scarcely a whiff of cordite in the air.

That's partly my fault. I have a ton of Falcon, Hellion, etc threads to post and I haven't had the time to post them yet. Tonight hopefully, but if not definitely tomorrow night things should be heating up a bit.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Deathrider6

Fate all of "ours" are done right? I would be posting in the RP thread but am suffering a vicious case of writer's block. Hopefully I can shake it and get the muse rolling.

Holt

For the life of me I cant find the loyalty rules anywhere, can anyone else? I would like to read up on them.

Fatebringer

Quote from: Deathrider6 on October 14, 2011, 11:04:18 AM
Fate all of "ours" are done right? I would be posting in the RP thread but am suffering a vicious case of writer's block. Hopefully I can shake it and get the muse rolling.

We have the warship break out match and continuous RP  ;)

Fatebringer

Man, it's hard to try and understand those SS rolls :P

Daemonknight

Quote from: Holt on October 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM
For the life of me I cant find the loyalty rules anywhere, can anyone else? I would like to read up on them.

I assume you are referencing the rolls some of your Cappie units have been subjected to. The results tables, and the criteria for which units are subject to them, are not available for public dissemination. They are a consequence of the method in which the CC was taken over by the Sharks.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Holt

I thought those units had already made their rolls, if I had known of further rolls i would have taken precautions. I am not a fan of unpublished rules.

Quote from: Daemonknight on October 14, 2011, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: Holt on October 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM

I assume you are referencing the rolls some of your Cappie units have been subjected to. The results tables, and the criteria for which units are subject to them, are not available for public dissemination. They are a consequence of the method in which the CC was taken over by the Sharks.

Daemonknight

Normally I don't either, but the point is that you have potentially unreliable units among your command, and telling you exactly who they are defeats the purpose of having them be unreliable, as does telling you what the mechanics behind their potential disloyalty are.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Holt

I have no problem with the rolls themselves, or the mechanics behind them. Its the the player base did not know it could happen, last turn I was told which units heeded to the SS orders and those that didnt and now every unit is rolling again.

Daemonknight

Not every unit, less than half I believe, though I havn't gone through and counted exactly. Also, most of the time, assuming a unit fails it's Loyalty check, it'll either sit there and do nothing, or leave the hex, but otherwise remain under your control.

Holt

Out of i think 5 rolls, one has already turned rebel; on an 11 or 12 an 11% chance.

Holt

Btw dont think that I dont like the rule or that its broken in any way, i just hate being the guinea pig by having these rules sprung on me; because from now on people will plan for this, something icouldnt do.

Daemonknight

I don't know how you think they(or you) could've planned for it