Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannonshop

Quote from: Fatebringer on December 14, 2011, 04:52:19 PM
DK used to call my Raven's Mercs in the Flashpoint game. :P The sad thing is, while I could justify my actions, he wasn't completely wrong. I mean, I faught on the FedSuns side in order to expand my holdings. But Nobles have been doing that forever without being called mercs... :P I picked up a good chunk of worlds. About half what my holdings were at the time. I'd make the decision again and again to do it the same way. There was just too much for our opportunistic asses to gain.

Current game, the UIW took the Hegemony's (terran, not marian) money and the Marians' side against the Spirit Cats, and doubled our size plus 30% of our economic power in two turns.

Of course, we never claimed otherwise-it wasn't a "War for moral principles", nor for "Liebensrahm", nor for garden variety conquest (though it turned into one).  It was a limited conflict for hard currency and trade favours...but the UIW has been doing that since Solaris VII's riots-taking money from other states to fight brushfire conflicts on their behalf.

Funny part is, the Toasters went and made us change our ways by making it personal.

Fatebringer

It looks like version 35.26 finally adds in those missing mechs from 3085, the Brahma's finally in here. :)

Holt

I think Dave needs to take an arrow to the knee.

Cannonshop

A little featurette called "Where I've been".

My machine's been tits-up for four days.  I had to go through and completely reinstall EVERYTHING, on a new hard-drive to get rid of the gremlin that had infested it.

Consequently, I was unable to attend the Regulus fight at the scheduled time.  I apologize, folks.  I'm still finding the disks for the software applications I no longer have, and am still hunting down the product-codes for the apps like "Microsoft Office".

Needless to say, I don't have jack-shit of the data I HAD on the machine.

Do you still have the old hard drive?  What were the symptoms that made you have to replace it?

Fatebringer

Me and Holt knocked out Victoria in that time when people didn't show up. Was not my finest hour :P

Marlin

Cant win em all, Fate.

Cannon, sorry to hear that. Thats always crappy.

Fatebringer

I have decided to declare a trail against the Hell's Alliance! If I win, from now on, they have to call their Corax omni Fighter the "Brony", and we get the Corax name exclusively! XD

Parmenion

With positional advantage courtesy of the International Date Line, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year. 

I trust not too many sore heads will greet the New Year in your parts of the world  ;)

Brian

Mekorig

Happy new year guys!!!

BTW, how is FGC3091 doing? I looked at the map and become dizzy with some many colors on it.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on December 15, 2011, 10:14:10 PM
I think Dave needs to take an arrow to the knee.

Hi guys, sorry for the short post, just wanted to confirm that I am in fact alive. I will make a proper post tomorrow.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Cannonshop

Computer back up and running? check.
Microsoft Office with that lovely "Excel" programme fresh and installed? Check.

Now, I just have to hope Dave B. can kick me a copy of my order-sheet from last turn, since I no longer have ANY of my information... (i.e. PM sent.)

Dave Baughman

I just emailed the last set of orders to you. If anyone else needs orders, please let me know - pretty soon I'll be archiving and clearing out the orders mailbox, and from that point forward it'll be more time consuming to find old orders sheets.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GreyJaeger

Will need a copy of the DCs orders sheets as well.

Hell, I just rebuilt my comp after it crapped out on me as well.

Fatebringer

The first thing I notices OBVIOUSLY was that the site format now mirrors that of the official CBT Site :P At first I was confused, I clicked the Intelser link and got CBT? Then the penny dropped.

I love that saying every sice that awesome Dr. Who episode :)

"What the hell, you've got a time machine, I've got a gun. Let's go kill Hitler!" Melody ~ Dr. Who Episode "Let's kill Hitler"

Melody kept using the phrase "Penny's in the air" whenever she was being cryptic and people had that puzzled look on their face, and when they finally got it, "aaand the penny drops."