Main Menu

OOC Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 19, 2011, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyJaeger

I like the links on the bottom of the page as well as the top. May just be a minor irritant, but I always hated having to scroll back up. Cool.

Marlin

Think you have it bad?

Greed let me buy (ebaying) 2 Graphiccards and when they arrived I realized that I do not have the right PC for it. (Not enough power and no connector) and I am not even talking about Crossfiring them. :-[

Deathrider6

There is now a FB and twitter function?! You gonna have this site do dishes too? (Just kidding on the dishes thing Dave) The social media integration might work in our favor. I really am impressed.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyJaeger on January 04, 2012, 02:42:59 PM
Will need a copy of the DCs orders sheets as well.

Hell, I just rebuilt my comp after it crapped out on me as well.

Sent
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

FYI, our Wiki is totally messed up. Even if Dave can repair it once again, is there a way to stop the creeps there? Because despite being thinly outfitted, the stuff that is there is close to me and in other parts very interesting.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on January 08, 2012, 02:51:17 PM
FYI, our Wiki is totally messed up. Even if Dave can repair it once again, is there a way to stop the creeps there? Because despite being thinly outfitted, the stuff that is there is close to me and in other parts very interesting.

There are only two ways to keep the vandals out. One is for members to regularly use the wiki (and revert inappropriate changes). The other is to very tightly control membership. I'll be going through and cleaning up the wiki one more time this coming week, and at that time I'll probably be changing the membership settings. I will be deleting all current accounts and making it so that I have to personally approve anyone who wants to be an editor before they can make changes. This should prevent third parties from accessing the wiki.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

Alright. But I guess anyone can still read, right? If so, good.

And is CBT.com down?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on January 08, 2012, 08:46:43 PM
Alright. But I guess anyone can still read, right? If so, good.

And is CBT.com down?

Right. Though I didn't realize it had been bombed as bad as it has. This may take a little while to fix. I'll probably be shutting off all editing for now until I can fix things due to the ridiculous number of obviously malicious accounts that have been registered.

I think cbt.com has been offline for a while now. The new URL is bg.battletech.com

Marlin

thanks on both accounts, yesterday it did not work for me, now its good. :)

Marlin

2 things on the Waypoint Scenario: Please exchange the "ß" with a normal "s".

And a question: are the Adders in such dire straits that 8 FP of Lyran scum could finish them off? :-\

Daemonknight

the Adder scum are indeed in such dire straights that 8 FP of Lyrans can finally liberate their occupied worlds
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on January 11, 2012, 05:51:22 PM
2 things on the Waypoint Scenario: Please exchange the "ß" with a normal "s".

And a question: are the Adders in such dire straits that 8 FP of Lyran scum could finish them off? :-\

Ah, my bad. That's what I get for relying on machine translation. Will update. More the 8 FP is there... the Turning Point is just a "slice of the action" representing the pivotal encounter of a larger engagement.

Parmenion

Fate... in regards the Skallevol turning point scenario, isn't there a large number of arriving jumpships, along with one Warship.  Not just the one (CIHS Oxfordshire) which I think your refering to.  cheers.

Fatebringer

I'll look again :P It's been a while. I remembered reading about a busted helium ring and quarantined crews. Either way it's Emergency supplies, status checks and triage for people and equipement. The safety of the people comes first.

Cannonshop

From what I see, the restriction makes it worthless for the adders to use their arty at Waypoint.  One tube/unit is too inaccurate and random to be useful, and too dangerous to the using side.  It's too random by itself, and the damage zone is too big for that randomness NOT to be a problem.  Best option ends up being the paired thumpers, and even that's just barely matching capability to risk on a 1 to 1 ratio (barely enough capability to MATCH the risk you run using it and the complexity of the rules FOR using it).

Generally with CBT's artillery, you need a minimum of 3 firing units to start seeing a benefit from using it, with the best numbers at 4 and above on a large map.  The reason is Patterning.  3-4 firing units gives the ability to lay down a pattern of fire that can make it dangerous to cross specific terrain at a rate that actually makes it...dangerous for an enemy unit to wander into.  TAG requires getting into Large Laser ranges, which in turn puts you at "medium" for most post-Helm-Core weapons on a fairly sustained basis.  MOst of the time another Clan ERML is more useful (being as it's far more likely to hit and actually do damage to the ENEMY), than a TAG module is when you've only got one tube to call on.

My advice to the Spirit Cat player is, if you're bringing the Adder arty in, go with the paired thors-your results are much more likely to be positive in terms of hurting your opposition than the odds that a single Arrow-IV 'mech or Marksman will be of any use whatsoever, and pick your terrain carefully.  As the defender, you have the ability to, within reason, choose terrain that favours your fighting style and weapons.  (means you don't have to try and defend on a pooltable with scattered trees.  The enemy's bringing tanks, pick ground that is not nice to tanks-lots of hills, for instance, where they end up having to fall out of their 'wall o' steel' into columns to advance, and terrain pinch-points you can preregister with your arty so that it actually does SOMETHING USEFUL for you...)

Just tossin' it out there to let y'all know I'm not completely gone, just been busy as hell...