[RP/MM] T39 Clans v's CFM Invasion - Shadow 2438 C *Complete*

Started by Marlin, May 07, 2010, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

((OOC: I'd say that was a decently sucessful roll, especially getting the Monsoon))

Monsoon Battleship: 11FP
Naga Destroyer: 1.33 -> 1.5FP
Bonaventure Corvette: 1FP

Jade Falcons request the Monsoon battleship. Our fleet is very low on large capital ships. They will be using the Newgrange Bountiful to transport their ship back to a repair facility. At the request of other clans, the Bountiful will transport their salvage ship to a designated repair facility aswell.

All CJF warships, dropships and ASF mount Search and Rescue operations in and around the battlespace, attempting to track down any Scientist or Mandrill naval personnel that may have bailed from the ships. CJF Marines in Elemental armor systematiclly search all 3 salvageable ships for survivors.

Ground forces coordinate with the orbiting ships to track down distress transponders, looking for any Mandrill/Scientist personnel who may have attempted to land on the planet when they bailed from their ships, including searching population centers near landing zones.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Hold on a sec, Daemon, agreed that the Monsoon is salvageable, but the others?

Not sure on that one. Where do you get that number from?

Also: the Naval Battle salvage should be distributed to the percentage of forces committed, likewise the Ground Salvage. That is easily the most fair solution. Can anyone come up with the numbers?  :P

Daemonknight

the number for a wreck to be salvageable is 9. so yeah, all 3 are salvageable

Ground forces deployed
Hell's Horses: 66.5FP
Clan Jade Falcon:  89.25FP
Ice Hellion: 41.75FP

199.5 FP total clan forces

CHH Percentage: 33%
CJF Percentage: 46%
CIH Percentage: 21%

75.5FP in salvage

CHH take: 25FP
CJF take: 34.75FP
CIH take: 15.75FP

Damage inflicted on Clans: 81FP

Each Clan takes 27FP damage
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

Before we go further, i suppose i should see how much of the naval FP turns into salvage, yes?

Mandrill/Scientist fleet suffered 60FP, Clans suffered 18FP, for a pool of 78FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+15 : 6, 4 + 15, total 25[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

25% of 78 = 22.5FP

CJF take: 12.75FP
CHH take: cannot calculate
CIH take: cannot calculate
CW take: cannot calculate

Damage allocation:
18FP damage to naval forces

each Clan's navy is allocated: 4.5FP of damage

Total Salvage availible to each Clan:

CJF: 12.75 + 34.75 = 47.5FP
CHH: 25 + ??? =
CIH: 15.75 + ??? =
CW: ???

Fatebringer

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 28, 2010, 10:56:25 AM
the number for a wreck to be salvageable is 9. so yeah, all 3 are salvageable

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=147.msg1048#msg1048

There was talk about dropping it to 9, the official number is still 10 I believe.

Daemonknight

ah, i was going off the old CBT rules. well that sucks then.

Marlin

Could you apply the damage likewise to the ratio of committed forces? 
:)

Daemonknight

I would think damage would be evenly split, like we normally do.

Marlin

Yes, but if we split damage evenly but not the salvage, then that puts those with smaller forces at a disadvantage, no? I think it should be done in the same way. There was too few RP to determine who was involved the most, so I think damage allocation like salvage would be the fairest option. This would apply for grounders first, as in the skies the Hellions had most Naval, but most of them were in the Blockade. So there we would need a differentiated system.

Example: Wolves sent the least Naval force, but took most damage relatively.

Parmenion

Quote from: Marlin on May 29, 2010, 07:29:28 AM
Yes, but if we split damage evenly but not the salvage, then that puts those with smaller forces at a disadvantage, no? I think it should be done in the same way. There was too few RP to determine who was involved the most, so I think damage allocation like salvage would be the fairest option. This would apply for grounders first, as in the skies the Hellions had most Naval, but most of them were in the Blockade. So there we would need a differentiated system.

Example: Wolves sent the least Naval force, but took most damage relatively.

Ground forces:  damage dealt to us and salvage gained by us should be relatively simple to work out and applying both from a percentage perspective is the fairest solution.  So yes, I'd have to agree that Marlin thoughts should be applied.

Naval forces:  Whether we had forces on blockade or naval engagement, we should add up the totals and again work it out as a percentage.  We had to have units undertaking both missions, otherwise we would have run the chance of the Mandrills simply making a bolt for it with no blockade in place.  So applying a percentage solution to the naval salvage is again the simplest solution.

As for the Monsoon class... until very recently (like two cycles ago), the Horses had no capital ships (I do not consider a Cameron a capital ship).  Therefore we too have a vested interest in staking a claim for the hulk.

Daemonknight

The Mandrills/Scientists would've had to get through the Offensive Interdiction before they could attempt to get through the blockade, and seeing as how all they did was engage and die, i dont think forces that were not utilized should be considered for salvage...no risk, no reward.

i will recalc damage by percentage later, i'm not in a mathy mood at the moment. sometime tonight.

Marlin

For the sake of easiness, I agree with Daemon on the Naval part, provided the units in action are factored.

And that all get out there in good shape.

For the Monsoon, the Hellions will not claim it, you will have to deal about that. But we can help resurrect it.

silentwarrior

I agree with Parm on the salvage.

The Wolves also lay claim on the Monsoon, because of the worth of the hulk we should solve this in clan fashion: lets have a trial for possession.

Daemonknight

The Falcons are not going to waste manpower on something they are going to have to sink resources into anyways. If it is that important to you, then you may fight over it. However, the Falcons look down upon them for trying to claim isorla that they even said was worth quite a bit, considering they sent a force barely larger than the ship itself, in relation to the other naval assets contributed. We have more important things to worry about than fighting over a shattered hulk! We refuse to fight over the carcass like some rabid, scavenger dog.

It is the Clan way to Trial for something when that is the most efficent way to obtain ownership- here in this case, we have already fought for it! There is enough salvage availible that if someone wishes to claim it, let them relinquish their other salvage. That way they are given the ship, and the others are still equally compensated for their involvement. However, I do not believe the Wolves warrant such isorla, considering their involvement was rather symbolic more than anything else.

((OOC: In my opinion, if someone is going to claim the Monsoon, then they should forfeit all other naval salvage. Its bigger than anyone's share of salvage anyways, except me, and I refuse to expend more men fighting over something i just had to fight for anyways. The Monsoon is a great ship, sure, but we should be finding a non-combat oriented way of giving it to someone. And yes, the last comment of the first paragraph was designed as a stab at the wolves, who the Falcons present are currently viewing as scavengers that sent just enough forces to try and make off with some loot without having to risk their forces.))