[RP/MM] Turn 39: DC vs CJF Resource Raid- Sudeten 2115 *Completed*

Started by Holt, May 07, 2010, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

[Roll 9-2=7]

Having pulled off the impossible a few months back, the Combine raiders thought to repeat history, but history would not. Instead clan vessels were spread out throughout the system clan vessels blocked every path to Sudeten.

[Amphigean LAG   7th Alpha    Regular   Questionable   1.75
Becomes trapped by the Clan blockade, 1FP out of the 1.75FP is aero.]

Fatebringer

Defensive Blockade in place. -2 to Pirate Roll per the Rule Dis Linked. No need to roll init, they've been here.

Daemonknight

Sooo, is there a raid going on, or does the blockade stop them from reaching the planet?
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Holt

The defenders get caught by the Blockade, but i want to point out this part of the rules:

QuoteDuring a Blockade no RP from the target hex may be used, and it may only be banked a maximum of one cycle.

I take it mean all of Sudetens RP generated cannot be used turn 40, instead they are banked and if the blockade is lifted turn 40; they may be used turn 41. If the blockade is still in effect turn 40, turn 39's banked RPs are lost.

Daemonknight

i would think that is refering to a planet that is blockaded by an enemy faction. It wouldnt make sense that trying to protect your own planet would force you to lose your own RPs.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Holt

A blockade is a blockade, guess a GM would need to make that decision.

Fatebringer

The blockade is for the "System", I have assets in the "System". People keep forgetting that and the fact that this is a defensive Blockade.

LittleH13

Ok here is the deal. If you read the Type on Blockade it says Invasion so therefore it cannot be used on the defensive that means that the clan fleets must either be on Defensive Interdiction or on Defense. Please adjust this thread to note this. Now some of you will say that blockade has been used this way in the past, the key word there is PAST. We have rules and we will follow them and not try to bend them.

-Josh

QuoteBlockade
Type: Invasion
Effect: No forces or supplies can move in, out or through of the Hex any faction save the blockader's
faction. The Blockade remains in effect until the blockading faction chooses to cease the blockade or the blockade force is destroyed.

Blockade may be bypassed with Blockade Running orders or with Pirate Transit*

During a Blockade no RP from the target hex may be used, and it may only be banked a maximum of one cycle, in addition no troop or Flotilla movements will be allowed in, out or through the hex unless Blockade Running or Pirate Transit* is used.

*The presence of a Blockade imposes a -2 penalty on pirate transit attempts. A failed transit into or out of a blockade hex allows the blockade force the option of immediately attacking the interlopers.

Holt

Daemonknight

Little said that the Clan fleet was to replace its Blockade order with an Interdiction or Defense order, and i believe the spirit of what Fate was trying to do with his fleet would sugest a Defensive Interdiction.

So, you would need to engage the fleet first to be able to land troops and conduct your raid.

LittleH13

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 10, 2010, 11:44:20 AM
Little said that the Clan fleet was to replace its Blockade order with an Interdiction or Defense order, and i believe the spirit of what Fate was trying to do with his fleet would sugest a Defensive Interdiction.

So, you would need to engage the fleet first to be able to land troops and conduct your raid.

Holt rolled a 9 and put the minus 2 in when he was told it was a blockade, so he does not need to engage the fleet as a 9 is a success as the minus 2 is no longer in play. That means he had a successful pirate insertion which bypasses the fleet.

-Josh

Daemonknight

ah ok, i missed that then. guess i need to roll a raid defense.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

70% of 1.75 =  1.225 rounded to 1.25FP defending.

Combat roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Daemonknight