Tech Availabilty.

Started by Deathrider6, May 19, 2011, 12:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathrider6

Just a note for all of you wanting to know what is available. If it is available via TRO 3085 excepting SDS related technoloy AND is supported in megamek/mega aero AND you can produce the design it is allowed. What does this mean to you? Lots of opportunities to either trade or research the weapon/tech or design.

Fatebringer

I was always fuzzy on the rules for developing new tech. I'll reread that section of the rules. But one of my main questions goes unanswered by this response, and that is, this game started in 3062, after this game started, new designs were added to the 3060 time period. It is my opnion that all of these designs should be available to the faction that made them without having to spend for them. What is the official ruling on that?

Deathrider6

If the design is in TRO 3067 or before odds are it is available to you. This is reflected in the total points granted to cover for the time jump. If the design is 3075 or newer you must have acquired it via normal R and D or via previous token exchanges. Select variants of older designs do require tech that was not available in the time period prior to the time jump they can be researched normally. A variant from any time period counts as a design. Consult the MUL as released by Catalyst for specifics on release dates for units. Exceptions to this ruling once again are SDS related items.

Fatebringer

Roger that. ;) This answers my #1 question on the subject. ;) The old MUL files didn't have a lot of stuff :P Will updated my files and send a copy so you know what we think we can make ;)

Fatebringer

As far as I know, the HAG was the only restricted weapon right? No holds on the Plasma Rifles we made?

Daemonknight

Falcons were the only ones with HAGs in 62, and Plasmas were indeed restricted, IS and Clan. I don't even think the TH had them, did they?
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

((Shrugs)) Will make a differnce because with no Plasma / HAG, there goes at least half of the Raven designs. Please tell me we still get the AP Gauss :P I want my new Protos XD

I know the Dominion has the RAC and Heavy Gauss for sure so at least I can count on some of that.

Daemonknight

AP Gauss is definetly in somewhere, as Falcons have the Ironhold Assault Armor(quad AP Gauss ftw!!). Not sure if others beyond us have it or not, didn't ask.

You could always make a deal with the Falcons for HAGs you know. We're open to trading with the Ravens and Bears
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Fatebringer

<<Takes DK into the Negotiation room>> Muah ha ha.

chaosxtreme

The Vipers would trade but eh we are Vipers if someone has a bauble we like we will offer a honourable trial.

Parmenion

Quote from: Daemonknight on May 19, 2011, 07:42:54 PM
Falcons were the only ones with HAGs in 62, and Plasmas were indeed restricted, IS and Clan. I don't even think the TH had them, did they?

Mmmm... why then does Sarna.net say that the HAG was designed by the Hell's Horses.  cheers.

Daemonknight

Because Sarna is a source of cannon reference, which this game is not. Technology designs do not fall into cannon timelines, otherwise the whole design token idea is useless, because then everyone would have all their designs from 3075 and 3085. I thought thats the whole point of playing a non-Cannon game? Was for it NOT to be cannon?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on May 20, 2011, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: Daemonknight on May 19, 2011, 07:42:54 PM

Mmmm... why then does Sarna.net say that the HAG was designed by the Hell's Horses.  cheers.

This is one of the areas where FGC deviated from canon. Before I came on as a GM, it was decided that the TH had a substantial technology edge. Specifically, they were decided to have already invented all of the technology in Total Warfare, Tactical Ops, and Strategic Ops, except for Streak LRMs and Plasma Weapons.

Most of those weapons have subsequently been invented by other factions as well, and the HAGs in particular were acquired by the Falcons as a result of an R&D roll. While I believe from a fluffy point of view the Falcons RP'd it like they had reverse engineered TH examples, mechanically they invented it through normal random R&D means.

Having said that, if memory serves me correctly, the Horse Alliance is one of very few (possibly the only) faction with access to Plasma Rifle technology, so unless I am out of date I think you guys do still have a tech niche.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Deathrider6

Okay...

To clairfy tech access. Just beacuse you have access to the technology does not mean you can build it. It means you can build the design IF you can purchase the technology from a faction who makes it. What this means is that you can buy finished systems ( i.e HAG,C3I,Plasma Rifles AP Gauss etc.etc.) from the faction who produces said system. You can license the design or trade what ever to get it OR (gasp!) trial for it. This was the intent of the initial post.

Parmenion

Mmmmm... from this, and for the general public, who has the following stuff and more importantly, is interested in trading/selling:

Compact Gyro
Small Cockpit
MML
Snub nose PPC
HAG
Rotary Autocannon
Stealth armour

(by all means, send me a PM  :) )