Manei Domini

Started by Daemonknight, June 18, 2011, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Questions about their background.

1) Sarna states that the 1st gen Manei Domini were mostly intelligence/SF types, running around in a shadow war with 7th Kommando and Wolfnet, as well as causing other shenanigans with the various Great Houses. Are ALL MDs like that, or just the older ones?

2) Does VDNI make you a better pilot? I know it basically gives you a neural interface with the machine, and a single VDNI suite allows you to interface with mechs, vehicles and BA. But does it actually increase your rating/abilities?? Ie, would a 0/0 Mechwarrior, whose a 2/3 Vehicle Crewman become 1/2 Vee w/ a VDNI? I never knew exactly what it did...

3) Could the Dermal Armor implant be special armor types, like Mimetic, or Fire Resistant for example?

4) is there a more complete list of all the MD cybernetics than the like 7-8 listed in Sarna on the MD page? Just curious to outfit the guys with the stuff that most suits their current role and their previous roles as well.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

1) Some, but not all. There are definitely "infantry type" Manei Domini who are virtually living battle armor in their own right, but many of them are more like the Terminator in the sense that all or most of their metal is under the skin.

2) Yes. When active, it gives you a bonus on your rolls as if you had a better skill level. Also, a single MD can control a VDNI-rigged vehicle, even if it normally requires a multiple-person crew.

3) Not as far as I know.

4) Interstellar Players has rules for the 1st generation Manei Domini, Jihad Hotspots 3070 (I think) has the rules for the 2nd generation MD, and Jihad Secrets has the rules for the standardized packages that the 3rd generation MD had.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

1) awesome

2) coolz

3) crap

4) double-crap: all books i don't have :(

Guess i need to hit up the LGS and make some special orders :P on that subject, does anyone know which book holds the construction rules for dropships and warships? Is it Interstellar Ops? I know one of the Heavy Metals had it, but i lost my copy and i've been to lazy/poor to get a new one.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Lord Harlock

Quote from: Dave Baughman on June 18, 2011, 09:11:21 PM

4) Interstellar Players has rules for the 1st generation Manei Domini, Jihad Hotspots 3070 (I think) has the rules for the 2nd generation MD, and Jihad Secrets has the rules for the standardized packages that the 3rd generation MD had.

I think Third Generation was in Hotspots 3072.