[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 2 LA vs CSA - 1519 Vorzel, Blockade/Trial

Started by Daemonknight, July 13, 2011, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 27, 2011, 05:02:49 AM
I belive you need to apply that -1 to all your rolls, not just your damage roll, which will modify your crits.  The wording of the rule is: "5 Opponent receives -1 on all future rolls this combat (CO killed)."

Hmm, not sure. It was my understanding that it applied only to the actual combat rolls, but I can't remember the last time I saw that critical come into play, so I'll leave it for DR.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 27, 2011, 05:04:34 AM
And, since I'm signing off after this and I'm tired of faffing about, next round (potentaly using what ever BS justification used on Greenlaw, if I'm wrong about the crits thing) the Adders are calling in... let's say 200 FP.  Feel free to roll that out without me so we can move on.

I assume the 'BS justification' you reference, is when I considered calling down twice for a single battle last turn. That never actually happened, as I decided to simply hand victory to the Adders on those worlds, so there is no 'BS' or 'justification' for you to fallback on. If you want to call in the 2nd calldown, its totally on your own head, and you'll have to deal with the fallout in the GC. You can't hang it on the the Lyrans.

Just to be formal, the LA fleet will offer hegira to the remaining fleet(or the fighter wings, if DR comes back and tells me I need to re-roll my crits and I end up not killing all the CSA forces in the trial).
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Iron Mongoose

I'll justify what I need to justify.  Just get the ruling and role the dice.  Time's getting short, and though we know the reasons why (personal changes) we still want to get things done.

Deathrider6

Alright the wording on that rule is really vague in the sense that if you go by the wording rather than the intent it applies to all rolls which to me seems way too harsh for a minor thing as the loss of a unit CO. The intent is to give an advantage to the side who has not lost their commander not totally screw the other side. So the rule needs to be reworded to indicate all  COMBAT rolls..a crit check is not a combat roll it is a critical check and the event roll is an event roll.

Initiative and your "damage roll" are COMBAT ROLLS.

Critical checks and Critical event rolls are not.

Iron Mongoose

Is that the intent?  Plenty of other rolls (double damage, capture 20% of the enemy before the combat even begins) screw the enemy pretty baddly.  Why should this be difrent?  In as much as each GM makes their own rulings, I think there is some precedent in this matter.

Of course, I'll abide by what ever decision is reached by DR6.

Either way, that 7 would be affected by my +1 that I forgot about, so that makes it an 8 and lands it in crit terratory. Crit chance that resualts:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

(even with a +1 that I think I should get, that's a 13, so I don't think I can get four rolls... though it would be nice...)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

I won't try and interpret thouse, since depending on the ruling, they may be modified (plus, its well known I don't have the energy to look up thouse blasted charts).

Fatebringer

QuoteInitiative and your "damage roll" are COMBAT ROLLS.

Critical checks and Critical event rolls are not.

This is correct.

OP 3

CSA: 10 FP
LA: 9.75 FP

CSA Rolls: 8 = 50%
LA Rolls: 10 = 60%

CSA Crits

6 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 15%, increase damage done to your opponent by 10%.
8 Encircle and capture 10% of opponent, add that FP to salvage.
9 Encircle and capture 20% of opponent, add that FP to salvage.

LA Crits

7 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 20%, increase damage done to your opponent by 15%.
8 Encircle and capture 10% of opponent, add that FP to salvage.
11 Double damage dealt to opponent.

Encircle Crits happen prior to combat resolution.

CSA: 10 - (10 * .1) = 9 FP remaining
LA: 9.75 - (9.75 * .3) = 6.75 remaining

Using the GM ruling, percentages are figured out prior to doubling damage.

CSA Deals 9 * .4 (50% - 20% + 10%) = 3.5 FP to LA
LA Deals 2(6.75 * .6 (60% - 15% + 15%)) = 8 FP to CSA

CSA recovers .75 in Battlfield Repair
LA Recovers .25 in Battlfield repairs

CSA = 9 - 8 + .75 = 1.75 FP Remaining
LA = 6.75 - 3.5 + .25 = 3.5 FP Remaining

Salvage Pool is now at (11.25 + 11.5) * .5 (So far it's still listed as a Trail) + 5.25 FP in captured forces.

Daemonknight

*sigh*

Lyrans offer Hegira to the Adders for the second time.

@Fate: this was Op3

Op1 was the attempted Blockade Running. Op2 was the first actual combat round. This, the 2nd combat round, is therefore Op3.

Op4, the Adders are unable to issue orders, due to my roll of a 10(causes disruption to the enemy forces).

If the Adders wish to press the attack in any way, it happens in Op5

Fatebringer

Understood. I had to reread the rules on that, I originally thought the Blockade Run was bypassed for the trial, I see it now. Editted previous post to read OP3.

Daemonknight

Iron Mongoose

Adder orders stand.  I'll rp later.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

crits:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

Err, that should have been crit check, but either resualt is one crit, so either take the roll below or assume the nine is the check and the 8 is the crit.  With 200 FP, its not really relevent.  Take the worst of the two, if you like.

crit alt:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

By the way the rolls were done:

Combat Roll = 11 + 1 = 12 - 70%
Crit Chance = 9
Crit = 8 - Encircle and capture 10% of opponent, add that FP to salvage

I think Zellbrigen is broken as the mass of ships move forward without waiting to see how the LA respond.