[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 2 LA vs CSA - 1519 Vorzel, Blockade/Trial

Started by Daemonknight, July 13, 2011, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The Zenith and Nadir jump points around Vorzel's star rippled with jump signatures of various sizes, disgorging dozens of jumpships. In attendance were several larger signatures, clearly belonging to warship-sized mass signatures. No communications are immediately recieved.

*System Blockaded*
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

Initiative check, to determine the fate of Tharkad:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Deathrider6

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]init (do the adders beat hte blockade)

Iron Mongoose

DR tells me that on an 11 or 12, we can just run the blockade somehow:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

That not seeming to have taken place, we go to RP:

"Lyran warriors, we are on our way to conduct a trial against others of your forces, and we request safcon through this system."

Daemonknight

"Star Adder forces, I am Admiral Sergei Lermontov(heh, sorry, been reading those books to much), commander of the fleet before you. I have been tasked with keeping such forces from attacking my capital, as such I must decline your request for Safcon."

Iron Mongoose

"Following orders is an honorable thing, and we will not begrudge you that.  Though in the future, its considered better form to set your defences over your own worlds...

"That said, I offer you a trial for our safe conduct.  With what forces will you defend passage beyond this system?"

Daemonknight

"Adder forces, this is Lieutenant-Kapitan Frederick Krauss, of the LAS Peter Steiner-Davion. I am commanding officer of a Fox-class corvette. I will have the honor of engaging your forces in a trial for your safe conduct."

14 FP

Iron Mongoose

To ensure the Lyrans know that we abide by the letter of the law, the transcript of the following batchal is sent to them along with our bid.  The scarcasim, smerking and laughter that was present for the actualy bid is selectively edited out of the message.

Star Admiral Jasmine Lynn, CO Iron Mongoose (a Nightlord class warship): "These Lyrans are indeed formidable fighters, and it is best not to underestimate their prowess.  Alow me to open the bidding with a bid of: all our assembled forces."

"Star Admiral Maurice Kaardan, CO Hierophant (Mjolner class): "That is indeed a bold but, but, if I may be alowed to make it somewhat bolder?  I would bid all the same forces, but exclude the Fire Mandrill, which is it the perogotive of our saKhan to commit to battle."

Jasmine Lynn: "Truely, that is a bolder bid than mine."

Star Colonal Eddie of Greenlaw (a common way of naming freebirth warriors in the Clan), CO Burrock Station Flotilla: "We defeated the Lyrans once, we shall do it again.  I bid my own wing, and I will lead it personaly."

Maurice Kaardan: "Truely, this is a warrior of honor and courage.  Surely, no one can do better than this.  Star Colonal, your bid is the winner.  But, know that your fellows will stand ready in case you should need us."

Eddie: "Seyla."

Codex informaion: Wing of 13 FP of mixed fighters. 

Imedatily previous bid: 500 FP ish, including many warships.

OOC note for trial rollers: naturaly, it is fully our intention to engage in the nessissary amount of call down BS needed to win, no matter what.

Daemonknight

The Lieutenant-Kapitan excludes 2 wings of his Medium fighter complement as a counterbid

12 FP

Iron Mongoose

It seems there should be some rolling in this, yes?

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

As much as I haven't kept up well with the rules, I do know that I get a crit chance on that 9:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

That's good... I don't recall if its one or two, but I'll roll two, with the first only to be taken if its just a single:

1: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

2: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

Iron Mongoose

And I don't know what that means at this point, so I'll leave it for someone else to figure out.  For me, I need to sleep.

Fatebringer

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 25, 2011, 05:00:58 AM
And I don't know what that means at this point, so I'll leave it for someone else to figure out.  For me, I need to sleep.

It means that he underbid you after you underbid him. A rare show from any Clan player, but worthy of honor. Current Challenge is 13 FP vs 12 FP, your combat roll stands currently at 55% of 13 = 7.25 damage done with two crits, one gives you a +1 on future rolls, one gives him a -1 on future rolls, but while it does not affect this round, a difference of 2 on future combat rolls is important, also you get to RP killing the commander from the other side.