raid: hex 913 Mainstreet UIW vs. CSC[completed]

Started by Cannonshop, July 17, 2011, 07:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

Doesn't matter if he had the troops, he came in on raid orders. He can't stay.

Daemonknight

CS knows. But it would be quite funny
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Cannonshop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I have to leave at the end of the turn.  "raid" is not convertible to "Invade" in spite of the destruction of all defending forces in the system.

Unless I'm totally off-base, even the Naval engagement has to clear out by the end of the turn, leaving the system out of the 'contested' pool by the skin of the teeth.

Which means Marlin can pour new-build and reinforcements in for next turn-possibly even enough that I won't be able to handle the losses from invading.

I don't know his factional income, or how many yards and factories he's popping next turn that might have to be delayed in order to do that, but it's possible for him to pull it out in time-that's what I think the rules say, anyhow.

I could be wrong.  REally, I could.

Raid results, however...

7RP is the max output of the combined industrial sites on Main Street (5 SY, 4 MF)

The maximum FP of the raiding force is 10

10>7

Per the rules, as I read them, it is either FP of the raiding force, or RP of the defending hex, whichever is less.

Ergo, not including salvage, transfer 7 RP from Spirit Cat's sheet to UIW's sheet.

Raid Salvage:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Marlin

Cannonshop

Quote from: Marlin on July 23, 2011, 04:23:29 PM
whats with the 80 %?

at a guess? I'd suspect it's just too broke to fix.

Marlin

No, it goes to the defender. You just take the 20 % away as raider.

Cannonshop

Daemonknight

forgot to roll actual salvage. Raid salvage works like this:

you roll for what percentage of FP is salvagable(as normal). The Raider rolls on the Raid salvage table, and gets that % of availible salvage, while the defender gets the rest.

So roll for normal salvage, then Marlin gets 80%, CS gets 20%.

Also, Naval Engagement is a 'battle' order, so they stay in the hex, meaning it is indeed contested. So nothing can be built there, and Marlin doesn't get any income from the infra next turn.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Cannonshop

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 23, 2011, 06:48:55 PM
forgot to roll actual salvage. Raid salvage works like this:

you roll for what percentage of FP is salvagable(as normal). The Raider rolls on the Raid salvage table, and gets that % of availible salvage, while the defender gets the rest.

So roll for normal salvage, then Marlin gets 80%, CS gets 20%.

Also, Naval Engagement is a 'battle' order, so they stay in the hex, meaning it is indeed contested. So nothing can be built there, and Marlin doesn't get any income from the infra next turn.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Marlin

*mutters* what a bummer.

At least roll for Salvage then.