[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 3 LA vs CSA - 1216 Abbadiyah, Trial [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, August 14, 2011, 06:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The continued Lyran pressure on the Star Adders was expected, but it was still impressive, the sheer size of the operation being undertaken.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Initiative:

Star Adders
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Lyrans
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Command Deck, JumpShip LCS Panzertenfaust
Nadir Jump Point

"All stations report clear from jump stations, Herr Kapitän," reported the Leutnant manning the navigation station, "DropShip detachment sequence now commencing."

Before Kapitän Arsenault could respond to her navigator, another voice broke in - this time from tactical.

"Alert! High-intensity heat signature detected, bearing zero-four-two mark eight. Scheiße! Now reading large power signature on same bearing, likely WarShip incoming."

"Priority signal from Eisengeier," cut in a comms rating, "telescopes have established visual sighting on a York class WarShip closing on our postition and detaching another DropShip."

Arsenault gripped the padding of her command couch, "Launch RCT Aero and prepare for fleet defense."

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

The 6th Donegal Guards run headlong into SACS Geryon and her consorts as they move to reinforce the Tharkad strike force.

Naval Engagement orders

Lyran Aerospace Forces
6th Lyran Guards Aerospace Battalion - 7.5 FP R/R
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]

Star Adder Aerospace Forces
SACS Geryon, York-class Carrier - 7.0 FP R/R  (carrying 1 Isegrim and 1 Overlord-C but no fighters))
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Lyran crit check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]

Geryon survival roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Lyran critical events
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

LC inflicts 80% of their FP on the enemy, and the LC commander gains XP (+1 on future combat rolls)
CSA inflicts 20% of their FP on the enemy

LC sustains 1.5 FP after rounding. Damage control recovers 0.25 FP after rounding, leaving 6.25 FP operational
CSA sustains 6.0 FP. Damage control recovers 0.50 FP after rounding, leaving 1.50 FP operational.

Dave Baughman

Operational Round 2 -- initiative

Lyrans
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

CSA
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Eisensturm LC-1035

"Blue Four, Fox Two," called out Leutnant Halle Meyer as she released a pair of anti-ship missiles towards the insanely maneuvering Isegrim. As the big warheads streaked in on their target, Meyers shook her head for a moment thinking of the kind of G-forces the Adder DropShip's crew was enduring. Her reverrie was interrupted a second later by a truly impressive explosion as something critical failed onboard the Clan ship.

"Jesus Christ on a candy cane..." she couldn't help but utter.

"Achtung! Clear the comms! Blue, Green, Red flights, new tasking: engage and disable enemy carrier."

Command Deck, SACS Geryon

"We have lost Wildebeest, Star Commodore. Telemetry suggests a fuel explosion," said a bewildered-looking technician, "Engineering reports heavy damage but engines still operational. Your orders, ovkhan?"

"We cannot repel another wave. If only the Lyrans had waited a month more and our fighters had been delivered. Curse them all, savashri filth! We have no choice. Navigation, plot an emergency jump to Tangua."

Command Deck, LCS Eisengeier

"Colonel," a rating report, "sensors indicate the enemy carrier is preparing to jump."

Colonel Dane Gröningen nodded, "Alright, we've accomplished our goal. Pull back the fighters. As soon as they jump away, detatch DropShips and begin the burn for the planet."

Dave Baughman

CSA uses Withdrawal orders for their remaining Aero, LC waives defensive interdiction

Operational Round 3...

Dave Baughman

Star Adder Warrior Command Post - near New Sana'a

"...will even forgive you for your cowardly attempt to destroy out JumpShips as our forces entered the system. So, by the great mercy of the Archon, I offer you honorable combat for control of this world. What forces will oppose us in this endeavor?"

Star Colonel Matthew growled his frustration; he had his orders, but nothing would have pleased him more than to pit his entire force against the Lyrans in order to kill as many of the invaders as possible. Still, orders were orders. With a barely audible sigh, he turned to his Star Captains.

"You know the strategy. Bid amongst yourselves and determine who shall defend the honor of our flag. Even if they prevail this day, we will have our revenge in due course."

Dave Baughman

CSA bids 3.0 FP from the 460th Adder Sentinels.

LC bids 2.25 FP from the 6th Donegal Guards 'Mech Regiment plus 1.50 FP from the 6th Donegal Guards Armor Regiments for a total of 3.75 FP

There is much raging on the Chatterweb about "dishonorable Inner Sphere cowards refusing to underbid the defender"

CSA simple resolution
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

LC simple resolution
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

LC crit check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

LC inflicts 55% damage on the Star Adders (2.0 FP after rounding)
CSA inflicts 25% damage on the Lyrans (0.75 FP)

LC wins the trial and grants the remaining CSA forces Hegira.