[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 3 TC vs MoC - 2143 Luxen, Resource Raid (canceled)

Started by Raginar, August 18, 2011, 01:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raginar

TCSS Top Zig Zag, Scout FP- 1.75

Raginar

Resource Raid
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Parmenion

Once again, I believe a 9 is a 'pass' for you and therefore success.  You gain 0.25FP (unless someone tells me differently).

Fatebringer

I assume the roll was for his Pirate Insertion. While successful, that only bybasses any naval defenses and gives you a -2 on the Raid Defense roll.

Fatebringer

Quick recap for you on raids.

Pirate Point insertion has a greater measure of success but risks losing unit stength on low rolls. (Diff: 8)
On a failed Pirate Point inserion roll, the party can still choose to continue or leave.
Note: Failed Pirate point Insertions may still attempt to do Raid Transit.

Raid Trasit enters via a standard point or after failed Pirate Insertion (Diff: 9)
While this option can still bypass aero defenders, on a failed Raid Transit Roll, the unit is considered to have committed to try to run whatever gauntles is there and therefore can be engaged by any and all naval assets in the system.

Successful Pirate Insertion will get you to your objective and if there is a Raid Defense Roll, you get a -2, there is no bonus for getting to your objective via Raid Transit.

Raids get 1 turn of combat to determine the winner. If you decide to stay and go for more than 1 turn, the defenders can bring additional forces on turn 2.

Raginar

Fixing the post the raid was the pirate incertion roll

here the
Raid Transit  
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

DK said i can fix it

Parmenion

Does that pretty number have any untowards effect on the aggressor?  Just wanted to ask before committing units to the defence.

Fatebringer

He didn't need to roll a Raid transit because he succeeded in his Pirate insertion. As per the other thread. I would leave it to DK to determine if that should be his combat roll or he has to reroll, You still need your raid defense roll at a -2

Parmenion

Magistracy raid defence roll...

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-2 : 6, 5 - 2, total 9[/blockquote]

Magistracy combat roll...

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Parmenion

BTW... Magistracy defending force was the Magistracy Highlanders Fighter Group (6FP)

Raginar

TCSS Top Zig Zag, Scout FP- 1.75
combat roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Parmenion

Magistracy Highlanders Fighter Group (Regular 6FP) combat roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Parmenion

crit chance:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Parmenion

LOL.  Forget my last two posts... having a seniors moment  :-[

As we both rolled a 7, that is 40% of our respective FP inflicted on the opposition.

You have a Scout worth 1.75FP so 40% of this is: 0.7FP

Rounding to the nearest 0.25 means you do 0.75FP damage to my fighter group.

MHFG is worth 1.75FP so 40% of that is also 0.7FP which again rounds up to 0.75FP of damage to your Scout.

Raginar