[RP/MM] Turn 39: Clans vs LC Naval Engagement/Invasion A Place 2015 *Complete*

Started by Daemonknight, May 11, 2010, 06:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Galaxy Commander Joel Thastus felt the sudden acceleration of the ship around him. Obviously, the fleet had arrived at their destination. He quickly made his way to the bridge of his Overlord-C dropship, and was surverying the sensor returns being feed in by the jumpship and the rest of the fleet.

"Comunications, open a channel to the Snow Raven commander."

"Yes Galaxy Commander. Channel open and secure."
Joel Thastus looked into the monitor and saw his counterpart, the Star Captain in a Raven uniform. He couldn't for the life of him remember the man's name though.

"Greetings Star Captin. I trust all fleet elements sucessfully made transit? I have just recieved word that the recon units sent here were chased off by a regiment of Lyran aerospace fighters of unknown strength or composition. I would sugest we get the blockade underway quickly before they catch us unawares."

The Raven Star Captain nodded and the connection cut. Thastus hit a button that would relay his message across all dropships across the Jade Falcon transport fleet.
"Warriors of Clan Jade Falcon, we have arrived at A Place, and are deploying the navy to cover our drop. Prepare your battlemechs and aerospace fighters, and be ready to drop as soon as the word is given that the skies are clear. Galaxy Commander Joel Thastus, out."

With that, Joel himself returned to his mech's cubicle and began running the nessicary diagnostics in preparation for taking the fight once again to the Lyrans.

Clan warfleet arrives at A Place
Snow Ravens commanding Naval operations, Falcons commanding Ground Ops

Clan Jade Falcon has no warships, but the transports carry 132.75FP mixed Aero/Ground
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

A Place System
CSRS Bonaventure

"Verify all ships arrival, start a sector sweep by quadrant and deploy our cargo." Star Commodore Vasili called out. The bridge of the Potemkin Class transport was a flutter with activity. Most ships did not have to do as much tracking as the twenty-five collared transport did, and with several new dropship captains attached since their re-assignment from the lost Kerensky's Hope, he directed his crew to pay extra attention to the fore ring section where the new ships were attached. He had little to worry about as the ships floated off, twisting and rotating in unisen by using their side thrusters before igniting their engines to distance themselves from the ship. It was no surpise, most Dropship captains at one time had gotten the chance to dock with one of the six Raven Potemkins at some point during their carreer and it was easier then trying to attach or detach to one of them then the numberous other designs in the fleet. The two Aerodyne dropships leveled out and launched their fighters. It was good to have a few more carrier designs on board compared to the current compliment of  mostly assault and troop carriers. Once the techs checked in, Vasili had the comms officer reach out for the Falcon force commander reporting all ready.

Clan Snow Raven: 218.25 FP - Naval

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

chanman

No Lyran assets confront the incoming naval forces. (Lyran units including integrated aero wait on the surface)

Daemonknight

Thastus had the Dropship's external cameras feeding him an overlay across his HUD. As the camera's rotated to see the rest of the fleet, he mused that it was like watching a steel thunderstorm: the rumbling of retro thrusters, the buffeting winds of so much external mass pushing through the atmosphere, the crackling of heat lightening cause by the air friction of the invasion fleet's descent. The defenders were likly watching a very similar picture from their sky watch stations, although so far the Lyrans had kept their aerospace forces out of sight, likly due to the large CAP that the multi-Clan taskforce had out to protect the dropships in one of their more vulnerable operations.

"Force commanders, report complement ready status. Clan Ice Hellion has point: move ahead of the dropzone and secure the landing area, 10km perimeter. Jade Falcons will move out to support any contact reports as they come in. Once the unload is finished, all commanders are to leave an appropiate force to safeguard the DZ."

Thastus listened intentlt first to his own Star Colonels report all Clusters ready, before going over his comlink's logs to ensure all other clan forces were combat ready.

((OOC: I cleaned my inbox out a bit ago, i must have accidently deleted the PMs detailing what forces were assaulting A Place. Can i get ground force FPs for the other Clans please? And officer names for RP purposes would be greatly appreciated))

Daemonknight

*bump*

Defenders? Attacking Clans need to hit me up with what they sent aswell, cuz i dont have it atm

chanman

75.25 FP defending (21 FP aero, 54.25 FP ground)

I'll be away fishing until Sunday

Fatebringer

Daemonknight

Clan Jade Falcon invasion forces:

Gyrfalcon(Delta) Galaxy units:
Gyrfalcon Command Binary: 2.63FP
1st Falcon Striker Cluster: 8.62FP
7th Talon Cluster: 15.48FP

Rho Galaxy units:
5th Falcon Striker Cluster: 16.39FP
74th Battle Cluster: 15.64
7th Falcon Regulars: 8.54FP

Iota Galaxy units:
2nd Falcon Jaegers: 16.5FP
5th Falcon Talon Cluster: 15.25FP

Lambda Galaxy units:
Lambda Galaxy Command: VIP- Galaxy Commander Joel Thastus
51st Falcon Regulars: 13.48FP
2nd Falcon Swoop Cluster: 8FP
22nd Provisional Cluster: 5.25FP
24th Provisional Cluster: 11.32FP

Clan Ice Hellion invasion forces:
5.25FP elite ASF

Daemonknight

138FP total clan forces

Combat resolution roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Resolution table is Even Strength

Possible Critical Event
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

3 Critical events

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical Events:
Double Damage inflicted to opponent

Encircle and capture 20% of opponent's FP, add to salvage

Valor saves the day: reduce damage taken by 15%, increase damage by 10%

Daemonknight

Combat Resolution:
Encircle and capture 20% of enemy's FP, add to salvage
20% of 75.25 = 15FP captured

80% + 10% = 90% of 138 = 124.2 -> 124.25 x2 = 248.5FP damage inflicted

Daemonknight

bump, this needs to be resolved quickly so as not to bother the GMs