[RP/MM] Turn 4: FWL vs Rebels Hex 2337 Andurien [Contested]

Started by chaosxtreme, September 07, 2011, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosxtreme

OOC:

Ok Dave pointed out I had mad an error with the Guerilla Warfare Rules. He explained the Rules and I am now fixing my actions. I will not be re-rolling any roll's with regards to those actions just applying them properly under the rules.

Nuke Damage
--------------
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   3rd Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   35-7=

Andurien Attack
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   3rd Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   28-18.25=9.75
Free Worlds League   Orloff Grenadiers   3rd Orloff Grenadiers   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   40-1=39

Undamaged FWL Forces.
Free Worlds League   Orloff Grenadiers   4th Orloff Grenadiers   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Fusilliers of Oriente   3rd Fusilliers of Oriente   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Fusilliers of Oriente   6th Fusilliers of Oriente   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   3rd Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   35
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   4th Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   35
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   6th Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   37

FWL Forces Going Guerilla
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   3rd Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   9.75-6=3.75 FP of Geruilla;s

FWL Forces leaving Andurien and escaping:

Free Worlds League   Orloff Grenadiers   3rd Orloff Grenadiers   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   39
Free Worlds League   Orloff Grenadiers   4th Orloff Grenadiers   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Fusilliers of Oriente   3rd Fusilliers of Oriente   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Fusilliers of Oriente   6th Fusilliers of Oriente   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   40
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   3rd Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   35
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   4th Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Regular   Reliable   35
Free Worlds League   Oriente Hussars   6th Oriente Hussars   Mechs, Vehicles, Power Armor   Transported   Veteran   Reliable   37

Daemonknight

FS forcescmovr into garrison, 10+ to attack the guerrillas.
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

FWL guerrillas successfully evade FS patrols, engage in low-level combat.
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

FS fleet used Tactical Orbital bombardment vs FWL guerrillas.
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Civilian casualties

[blockquote]Rolled 7d1000 : 331, 582, 47, 253, 394, 555, 885, total 3047[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Summary of events towards the end of the turn

• The FWL ground forces pulled out and were allowed to withdraw by the FS naval forces in the system. No effort was made to intercept them as they made their way to their jumpships
  • For about the first week after landing, everything was rosy for the Federated Suns "peacekeeping force." However, soon after reports started to come in of car bombs and sniper attacks on FS troops - and it became absolutely clear that guerilla forces were still present on the planet when a lance of light 'Mechs took down a supply convoy en route to an isolated observation post.
  • The FS spent the rest of the turn trying to root out the guerillas with a combination of strong ground patrols and aerial surveillance, but only managed to inflict about 10% losses on the enemy.
  • Very late in the turn (specifcally, August 22nd) aerial reconnaissance observed suspicious activity in a rural town; specifically, the presence of a mobile field base and several camouflaged 'Mechs. Too far away from any of the F.S. firebases to be quickly attacked, after an extended delay FSS Hanse Davion destroyed the facility with naval missiles, causing considerable collateral damage.
  • When FS 'Mech units arrived on the scene several hours later, they discovered that the FWL 'mechs had left the area, probably as little as 10-20 minutes before the missile strike.

OOC: It is not public knowledge, but the in-game reason for the delay is that Hanse Davion's commander balked at the order to use orbital bombardment against a target likely to sustain civilian casualties, delaying the attack by almost 30 minutes before finally complying with orders from task force command. The out-of-game reason is that tactical orbital bombardment can't be used against guerillas since they can't be targeted by attacks.

At the end of the turn, the hex is contested due to guerilla warfare (though it would have been anyway I suppose due to Lopez still being in FWL hands)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.