[MM/RP] ND vs CIH - Trial (Invasion) - Persistance & Maxie's 2111 5878 [CIH Win]

Started by Fatebringer, September 08, 2011, 04:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

A small fleet of New Dominion ships arrives over Persistance

Fatebringer

A small fleet of New Dominion ships arrives over Maxie's Planet

This is the same Hex as Persistance. All Naval / Aero responses should go to that thread to consolidate.

Dave Baughman

"Dominion Fleet, this is Star Colonel Lucifer Cage commanding the 10th Marine Cluster. Your arrival was not expected; if your intentions are hostile, state your batchal."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

(merged with Persistance thread as a naval unit is defending)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Fatebringer

When the ships finally stopped rolling in, nearly a binary of warships arrived as a pair of Potemkins belched forth their compliment of dropships.

"Hellion Fleet, I am Star Admiral Douglas Lankenau of Clan Snow Raven. We request safcon for our ground troops to test the strength of your warriors claim to these worlds."

Dave Baughman

"There is no need for Safcon, Star Admiral. You have struck at us while our ground forces are forward deployed against the Lyrans, and so it falls to my marines and aerospace pilots to defend these worlds. Our battle shall occur in the cold reaches of space."

1.75 FP of aerospace fighters (1 medium aerostar) is bid to defend each planet.

Fatebringer

"Seyla! The bidding will commense immediately."

As each of these worlds is less important to the defense of Icars and the planets beyond, the bidding is moderate, in the end, each Bid is 1.5 of Aerospace fighters.

If this goes to game, I'll get to test out my Wusun ;)

Dave Baughman

If you don't mind playing it at the squadron level (2x 5-ship elements on each side), I'd be fine with playing this one out this weekend.

Fatebringer

Sunday seems to be the best day to play. Chaos and I are eyeing that naval battle with glee :)

Fatebringer

CIH wins both battles, the dice hated me bad. In one corner, you have 3 of 8 ER Large Lasers hitting, in the other, 5 of 5, and constant initiative loss :P I won only 3 times :P

QuoteVictory!
-------------------

Winner is: TEAM #2

Fatebringer: 2668 BV remaining (from 27599 initially) 0 BV fled
IceHellion: 7917 BV remaining (from 32193 initially) 12032 BV fled

Survivors are:
Alpha Star Squadron (IceHellion)
Driver : Unnamed [3/4]
Kills : 0

The following units never entered the field of battle:
Sabutai C (IceHellion)
Driver : Clarence Oudin [3/4]