Turn 40 Map Thread

Started by Dave Baughman, May 24, 2010, 01:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleH13

Please PM Dave and myself as well as Lord Harlock and Fatebringer why this is. Until you can prove this it will stay the way the agreement was last told to the GMs.

Quote from: silentwarrior on June 08, 2010, 07:45:55 PM
St Ives hexes are again shared.
The seam between the Clan Homeworlds and the DP is not right.
The Pentagon is not adjacent to the Caliban (veil of the portector) nebula but one hex removed.

GreyJaeger

CSV-
Strana Mechty -HW- Hex 1903 should be CSV

Dave Baughman

Something I noticed on the map today...

QuoteWIE

1818 - correct name to "Wolfsbaum Station", change icon from Member World to Space Station
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GraeGor

was recently informed by Dave that we could do this:

Somerset - hex 1810 - change name to Addergrad

GI Journalist

Quote from: GraeGor on June 15, 2010, 06:07:35 PM

What a wonderful precedent. Some conquerors would settle for renaming a new capital city, but why stop there? Sure, changing the name of an established planet might anger and confuse the locals, but provided you've already annihilated the populace, I don't see a problem.

I suppose this will go on the official Clan map. As a matter of practicality, I expect the official Star League map would probably keep the name Somerset, until someone takes a "Mad Cat" or a "Daishi" and forces them to change it.

After all, we wouldn't want anyone getting confused.  ;)

GraeGor

Quote from: GI Journalist on June 16, 2010, 01:58:49 PM

What a wonderful precedent. Some conquerors would settle for renaming a new capital city, but why stop there? Sure, changing the name of an established planet might anger and confuse the locals, but provided you've already annihilated the populace, I don't see a problem.

I suppose this will go on the official Clan map. As a matter of practicality, I expect the official Star League map would probably keep the name Somerset, until someone takes a "Mad Cat" or a "Daishi" and forces them to change it.

well we did originally want to change the name back in like turn 27 or so after the massive fight there against the LA ...after all, The Rack and Pain was renamed, but the GM staff at that time nixed it

and when you take into account that Addergrad has been used IC ever since in all dealings, whether with Clan or IS, it would be nice to actually have the map reflect such...and I have no issue with keeping Somerset on the map for IS/SL purposes, say in parenthesis, like New Kerensky (The Rack) and Phelan (Pain)

LittleH13

This thread is for map updates only please refrain from any conversations in this thread. This type of conversation is why we have the OOC thread.     http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=149.0 

Thank you

-Josh

Quote from: GraeGor on June 16, 2010, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: GI Journalist on June 16, 2010, 01:58:49 PM

well we did originally want to change the name back in like turn 27 or so after the massive fight there against the LA ...after all, The Rack and Pain was renamed, but the GM staff at that time nixed it

and when you take into account that Addergrad has been used IC ever since in all dealings, whether with Clan or IS, it would be nice to actually have the map reflect such...and I have no issue with keeping Somerset on the map for IS/SL purposes, say in parenthesis, like New Kerensky (The Rack) and Phelan (Pain)

chaosxtreme

Everything above here is represented on the new map.

If when the new map comes out you don't see stuff for your faction or things you know should be on the map but aren't post below here in the proscribed format.

Hint if you haven't put it in the map thread and aren't a GM thus sending me map information to update via PM. It's not on the map. When you complete a thread and take a world, I kind of recommend putting it in the map thread immediately.  ;D

NVA

All Wolf hexes and facilities change to WiE colors.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: NVA on June 29, 2010, 04:10:02 AM
All Wolf hexes and facilities change to WiE colors.

And perhaps more importantly, there is no more "in Exile"... there is only one Wolf Clan now.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

NVA

Yeah.  Actually, since we are currently 'green'ish.  Can we get Wolf orange.

chaosxtreme

A couple of things.

Pick WiE color or Pick Wolf Color. Eitheir one is fine. There will be no changing of a factions color on the map without Dave and Josh's approval.

If asked by them on my preference it is always no.

Its a fairness thing, as if I start changing factions colors for one faction I have to do it for all factions that want a color change, and that can quickly get out of hand. Especially for factions that share similar colors causing them to want to "differentiate".

Item #2
- list of Hex's list of Worlds.  I don't do "Yeah its all of it" map updates. Things get missed that way and we end up having to make changes to the map a couple of times a turn. I'm trying to get away from doing 5 maps a turn. There will always be people who post things late or didn't get them on the map thread before I start doing the map. However we do want to minimize it.

Item #3
- ????

Item #4
- There is no four.

Item #5
- Profit

NVA

I thought Wolves were the orange/brown.  What color are they?

chaosxtreme

Its some kind of Brown. I don't see the orange but eh if you do thats fine.

I still need a list of hex's and worlds that change to the color.