[RP/MM] Turn 51, LC vs. CSA - 1218 Storfors *Turning Point* [Complete]

Started by Dave Baughman, October 17, 2011, 01:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

LC forces from Loxley and Trippur move to link up as the Lyran pincer maneuver starts to slam shut on the western reaches of the Star Adder Commonwelath. While battles raged all up and down the sector, history remembered Storfors as the decisive engagement in the conflict.

Does the LC complete its encirclement of the SAC or do the Star Adders hold out long enough to escape the salient?

Scenario: The freshly-raised 3rd Commonwealth Jaegers (15 FP R/R) must hold off several Lyran commands as they drop on Storfors. Attackers are, in order of appearance:

Round 1 - Elements of 10th Lyran Guards (5 FP R/R)
Round 2 - Elements of 14th Lyran Guards (6 FP R/R)
Round 4 - Elements of 6th Donegal Guards (8 FP R/R)
Round 6 - Elements of 2nd Royals (12 FP E/F)

If this is played in MegaMek, all enemy reinforcements arrive by assault drop.

Scoring is based on how long the Commonwealth Jaegers survive.

Simple Res scoring table
CJ defeated on...

Round 1: LC total victory
Round 2: LC decisive victory
Round 3: LC marginal victory
Round 4: Draw
Round 5: SAC marginal victory
Round 6: SAC decisive victory
SAC forces survive the turn: SAC total victory

In MegaMek, each team earns points equal to the percentage of the enemy that is destroyed. Additionally, SAC earns 20 bonus points for each round they survive.

I would prefer this to be played out in MegaMek, both sides are open for players, and I will also be happy to play either side.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Op Round 1

15 RP of SAC vs. 5 RP of 10th Lyrans

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

sigh. LC crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC inflicts 3.75 FP on the Lyrans, reducing them to 1.25 FP (.50 FP recovered through damage control - they end at 1.75 FP)
Lyrans inflicts 3.50 FP on SAC, reducing them to 11.50 FP (0.25 recovered through damage control - they end at 11.75 FP)

Round 2, 11.75 FP of SAC vs. 7.75 FP of Lyrans

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC critical events [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

8 Your commander gains experience - +1 on simple resolution and initiative rolls for
the rest of the turn. 

9 Enemy supply columns are overrun and looted – the enemy's damage control for
this round goes to your force instead.

SAC inflicts 6.00 FP on the Lyrans, reducing them to 1.75 FP. No damage control this turn for the Lyrans.
LC inflicts 3.00 FP on the SAC, reducing them to 8.75. Damage control (0.25 for SAC + 0.50 stolen from the Lyrans) raises SAC back up to 9.50.

Round 3: 9.50 SAC vs. 1.75 FP Lyrans

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 1, 1 + 1, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Each side earns one crit check at the expense of the other

SAC/LC [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

LC critical event [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Enemy force is encircled; 1d4x5% of the force is captured (see rules for surrender)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

5% of the SAC force is captured (0.50 FP)

SAC inflicts 1.25 FP on the Lyrans, reducing them to 0.50 FP. Damage control raises the Lyrans back to 0.75 FP.
Lyrans inflict 0.25 FP on the SAC, reducing them to 8.75 FP. No damage control earned.

Turn 4: 8.75 SAC vs. 8.75 LC

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 3, 4 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC inflicts 4.50 FP on the Lyrans, reducing them to 4.25 FP. Damage control takes the LC back up to 4.75 FP.
LC inflicts 2.50 FP on the SAC, reducing them to 6.25 FP. Damage control takes the SAC back up to 6.50 FP.

Round 5: 6.50 FP SAC vs. 4.75 FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 1 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC inflicts 2.5 FP on the Lyrans, reducing them to 2.25 FP. Damage control takes the Lyrans back to 2.50 FP
LC inflicts 2.0 FP on the SAC, reducing them to 4.50 FP. Damage control takes them back to 4.75 FP

Round 6: 4.75 FP of SAC vs. 14.50 FP of Lyrans

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 3, 2 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]