[RP/MM] Turn 51, 3242 Argos, Manei Domini vs TC [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, October 17, 2011, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The Taurians had felt themselves mostly safe, except for their border regions with the Magistracy. Now however, their small industrial sector at Argos was threatened, when a handful of unregistered jumpships appeared, laden with military dropships.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

10 FP of Manei Domini Raiders (☢☢) are opposed by Wing K of the Concordat Jaeger's air regiment.

MD Simple Res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

TC Simple Res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

MD crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

MD inflicts 5.5 FP, breaking the TC's defensive interdiction

TC inflicts 3.0 FP

For round 2, initiative is pertinent

MD
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

TC
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC (5.0 FP after damage control from last turn) wins initiative and counterattacks

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

MD (7.25 after damcon)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC inflicts 2.75 FP

MD inflicts 3.00 FP

TC ends the turn with 2.25 FP
MD ends the turn with 4.75 FP

Init - TC/MD
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC continues to hold the initiative, pressing the attack to keep the Blakist fighters away from Argos' industrial regions.

TC simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

MD simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC inflicts 0.50 FP
MD inflicts 1.50 FP

TC ends the turn with 1.00 FP after damage control
MD ends the turn with 4.25 FP

Init TC/MD [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Tiebreaker TC/MD [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC (1.0 FP) simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

MD (4.25 FP) simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

MD crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

MD wipes out the defending aerospace forces.

TC inflicts 0.50 FP before they go down in flames.

Dave Baughman

Manei Domini spends ☢☢ to attack the MF and SY (one nuke each)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Air defenses stop the nuclear attack on the MF, but the SY is seriously damaged, knocking it offline for...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

...turns.