[Turn 52] *Turning Point* Bremen - Clan Blood Spirit vs. The Society

Started by Dave Baughman, November 16, 2011, 08:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

December 3091
Bremen Star System

After blasting through the outer shell of systems surrounding the Hanseatic League's former capital, the warriors of Nueva Sangria prepare for their final confrontation with the Society.

Scenario

Blood Spirit forces must defeat the Society to secure the Hanseatic League.

Annihilation!

Clan Blood Spirit may opt to declare a Trial of Annihilation against the Society in the Hanseatic League. In this case, Erinyes is deployed to Bremen and conducts preliminary kinetic bombardment of the planet prior to the Blood Spirits making their landings.

If this option is taken, reduce the size of the Society force to 100% of the Blood Spirit force and double the amount of artillery available; however, the significant collateral damage means the maximum victory level for the Spirits is Marginal Victory.

Attacker

The attackers are one or more cluster of Clan Blood Spirit. In MegaMek, the Blood Spirit player should build a force to fit their preferences - no special restrictions are in effect. Aerospace units should not make up more than 10% of the force.

In Simple Resolution, the attacker is 10.00 FP.

Defender

The defenders are elements of the Society's Ectopia Cell. The skill level of the Society force should be the same as the attacker's. Build a combined-arms force of 'Mechs, Tanks, ProtoMechs, and Battle Armor equal to 125% of the attacker's force. No more than 50% of the force's BV can be derived from 'Mechs and no more than 25% from tanks. Aerospace units are not availabe to the Society in this scenario.

In Simple Resolution, the defender is 12.50 FP.

Special Conditions

Highly motivated: Clan Blood Spirit receives a +2 modifer to initiative for the entire battle. In Simple Resolution, they instead receive a +1 modifier to their combat rolls.

Striking from afar: Clan Blood Spirit may add off-board artillery weapons equal to 10% of its force (minimum of 1). The weapons can be carried by any vehicle the Spirits have access to (i.e. if 2 weapons are available, a single Naga could be taken, or a pair of Marksman tanks. The only ammo types that are available are standard high explosive and FASCAM (arrow IV only).

The ultimate weapon: In addition to its force, the Society player may deploy one Lymphocyte super-heavy 'Mech. MegaMek files are attached; either configuration may be used.

Scoring

In Simple Resolution, standard invasion rules apply (first to win three simple resolution rolls wins)

In MegaMek, each side earns a number of points equal to the percentage of enemy BV destroyed.

• If the winner's score is no more than 24% above the loser's, the battle is a draw
  • If the winner's score is 25-49% above the loser's, that side wins a marginal victory
  • If the winner's score is 50% or more above the loser's, that side wins a decisive victory
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Deathrider6

Excellent! I will work up a unit list for megamek. This fight will NOT go to simple resolution. Now to come up with some cool RP for this as we go along. Dave I will try to get a hold of you prior to this going down so you may attend or play the Society.

GreyJaeger

Fatebringer

You get the fun of playing a "Big Boy" then ;) Dave just laughs maniacally whenever he mentiones those monster mechs.

Deathrider6

Gotcha Grey. This should be an interesting fight indeed. I should have some opening RP for the Spirits tonight.

Deathrider6

Sorry for the delay.

Use the RAT from FM:updates if that is not available to you the RAT from FM:Crusader Clans will suffice. This is open for Proxy. UNit is Frontline meduim/heavy binary. A Naga may be substituted for one of the standard mechs. Units should be on the fast heavy side and hit hard with REACH. Unit rating is Regular with a Veteran Commander who drives a Timberwolf D variant. Two of the mechs may be selected from newer technology (NO HAG units). Please post results here promptly so that I can write the CBS roleplay. The fight is representative. Half of the ten total units may be Protomechs (no more that 25 suits). I would have set up a list but real life got in the way AGAIN. Grrr.

Deathrider6

Well Cannonshop and I tried to connect up and do this fight but neither of us are able to host. Was really hoping to not have to simres this.

Deathrider6

Open for Proxy. Would like to see a representative game One unit equals 1 FP (1 point of elementals,protos,vees,asf,mech) tokeep the size down. If possible would like to be able to observe.

Deathrider6

Simpresing in the interests of getting the game done. Role play will be done once combat is resolved.

CBS 10FP (8 ground/2 Aero (ground support)

Init [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote](+1 as per the special conditions if they apply to init rolls).

Dave Baughman

Ectopia Cell

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Deathrider6

Well you won init but here is the CBS 1st operational round roll the =1 bonus will be applied as per instructions.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 4, 3 + 1, total 8[/blockquote] CBS attack

Deathrider6

possible critical  [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Critcal rolls

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]