Fan Council Signup & Registration Thread

Started by Daemonknight, April 11, 2012, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunch

If we feel it necessary to buff the Cappies we need to make sure it's not a defacto buff to the DC.

Parmenion

Personally, I think every faction should have a right of first refusal for a certain number of merc units.  After all, I can't ever see the 21st Centauri Lancers, in this period, ever not being in the employ of the FWL.  Likewise, units such as the LCG for the FedSuns. 

I'm not advocating first right of refusal for all units, however for a number that realms would consider almost like House units.

And what about merc units currentlyin the employ of the periphery states?  Are they to be excluded?  Because if not, and when, or if, the periphery is opened up for play, then I know that both the TC and the Magistracy is very dependent on Mercs to supplement their line formations.

Quote from: Daemonknight on April 26, 2012, 01:56:05 PM
Every faction is recieving the battlemech units it historiclly had, or as close as I can get, and there is not alot of reliable information on them outside of the Historical: War of 3039, which focuses almost entirely on the DCMS, AFFS, and LCAF. However, since that would make certain factions essentially unplayable(CC, SIC, FRR), those factions are being bolstered in other ways to make them more attractive. In the case of the CC, considering their dependance on Mercs, I'm currently leaning at giving them some sort of bonus on the mercenary market, or perhaps, given their propensity for relying on mercs, I might allow them to choose from a handful of the units they historiclly had at the time, and giving them advanced access(essentially they'd have a 'right of first refusal' clause in their past contract, which the MRBC would be honoring).

I haven't decided exactly what, so don't get your hopes up on that just yet. I'm still scouring the books for information on the formations, and I'm also putting together aerospace units from scratch, so you atleast have a little MP to play with.

Daemonknight

If factions wish to write First Refusal clauses into their mercenary contracts, that is up to them. However, nobody is going to be getting such abilities right out of the gate except for the smaller factions, to allow them to bolster their militay, since they have a house unit disadvantage.

As for the periphery, the mercs that wish to stay within the good graces of the formal mercenary community, the ones who used the MRB and the MRBC, they would be under the same rules as the big IS units: contracts are no longer supported by ComStar, untill renegotiated under MRBC rules. If/when I open up the periphery(don't hold your breath) they will get something to give them some staying power. Assuming the players don't eat the little nations before then(which I will be making very difficult btw).
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

GreyJaeger

I have discussed it with Jaim, and he would like someone with experience to assist, if not head, the DC. So I request transfer to the DC.

Daemonknight

Approved.

I would like to request that one of the Lyran players consider moving over to the Federated Suns, so that all 5 Great Houses have atleast 2 players, and the only loners are the guys in charge of the smaller factions anyways. Please? You can apply for FH of the Suns if you wish, or not, but I would really like to see someone make the move to balance out the Great Houses.

Again, thats a request only, not a demand.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Crunch

I'll take Fed Suns if its open and Parm wants me.

Daemonknight

Thank you very much Crunch for moving over.

Crunch

Quote from: Daemonknight on April 29, 2012, 12:15:20 PM

Honestly it's my favorite faction. I was only going LC to play with Cannon and I'm sure we can come up with a reason to fool around.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Crunch on April 29, 2012, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: Daemonknight on April 29, 2012, 12:15:20 PM

Honestly it's my favorite faction. I was only going LC to play with Cannon and I'm sure we can come up with a reason to fool around.

Something tells me that in this era the FS and LC players will have plenty of opportunity for faction-crossover RP :)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jaim Magnus

Quote from: Dave Baughman on April 29, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
Something tells me that in this era the FS and LC players will have plenty of opportunity for faction-crossover RP :)

Yes indeed. Those blissful FedCom days before the horrible dismemberment.

Iron Mongoose

Iron Mongoose (Iron Mongoose)

1: Capellan Confederation
2: Federated Suns
3: Free Rasalhauge Republic

Very very limited MM avalibility (though if this game goes as long as the last one, my kids will make it to school, then I'll have more time).  No leadership intrest (perhaps small faction XO, at the most).

Nice to see most of the old gang is here.

Daemonknight

Iron Mongoose

Cool.  Now can I sign my kids up for Sun Tsu and Kali?

Marlin