Rules Discussion / Suggestions

Started by Fatebringer, April 19, 2012, 12:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mekorig

Ouch. It will take some time until we see a SL-tech mech walking around.

Hugin

Quote from: Mekorig on July 26, 2012, 08:11:05 PM
Ouch. It will take some time until we see a SL-tech mech walking around.

8)

Fatebringer

that does seem to be the way of things :P

Mekorig

And what about researching for a new model (post-3050) using intro-tech?

Fatebringer

I think you need to get the tech advancements first, then you can push for the designs.

Mekorig

Quote from: Fatebringer on July 31, 2012, 10:52:07 PM
I think you need to get the tech advancements first, then you can push for the designs.

I know, i am talking about non-3039 intro tech models, like the Grasshopper -5N.

Arkansas Warrior

We could resurrect the Mackie!  (okay, not the spiffy 9H from TRO3075, but there's gotta be a decent L1 version)

Daemonknight

technically those would fall under the aegis of 'future faction designs'
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Arkansas Warrior

Not Star League Designs?  Even if they were deployed in that era?  (I'm thinking specifically of the resurrected designs from '75, like the Hammerhands, Firebee, Icarus, Gladiator, Ymir, etc that oftentimes date to the Reunification war)

DisGruntled

Er the Grasshopper 5N is on the RATs in War of 3039.  It should be in limited use already by the DCMS, FS, and  LC.

Daemonknight

...if it was deployed in the SL era, then obviously it would be an SL era mech...i guess I'm confused as to why you'd ask the question.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Arkansas Warrior

Eh, you never know.  If, say, the FedSuns gets a Star League design via the memory core or tech tree, but doesn't want to wait to develop all the relevant tech and upgrade their factories, they might pick the HMH-3D Hammerhands.  I just want to be sure it's possible, so that I know I have the option if it ever comes up.

Mekorig

Quote from: DisGruntled on August 01, 2012, 03:29:50 AM

Er the Grasshopper 5N is on the RATs in War of 3039.  It should be in limited use already by the DCMS, FS, and  LC.

I was under the impression that the -5N was a post-50 variant.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Mekorig on August 01, 2012, 12:48:36 PM
Quote from: DisGruntled on August 01, 2012, 03:29:50 AM

I was under the impression that the -5N was a post-50 variant.

IIRC it was introduced in a 3060s era product, but was then back-written into earlier eras.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Mekorig

The thing is, how can i get a new intro tech (another faction model or a new intro tech unit) unit into my faction armory?