So many people on... no one talking...

Started by Fatebringer, July 18, 2012, 09:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Mongoose

Despite my best efforts, I should note...  ::)

It is true that no one really has a good reason to do anything overly silly or impulsive right now, and the fact that I'm not a faction head means that impulsive and silly things are comperitively unlikely (I still think I could have had the FRR, if it wasn't for thouse meddeling kids!)

But can't we at least set up a play date for all our kids or something?  They're all broadly the same age, they got on so well on Outreach in 3051, and Phelan could be there too this time.  I promice Kali won't perform cult rituals on anyone, with out asking for their parent's permission first.

FoxxItal

How dare you kind sir! HOW DARE YOU!!  You really think me and harlock could go five minutes without planning something silly? well I'll have you know we have Many crazy/Zany plans with wacky contingency plans.

No, Storming a comstar facility with an entire cluster of elementals is not one of them....As i said, been there done that  ;D

Iron Mongoose

Silly plans are easy.  Actualy carrying them out?  That, one tends to find, is another matter.

Parmenion

Quote from: Fatebringer on July 20, 2012, 01:46:02 PM
CC is not.

FS also has no ops (unless those pirates that hit us last turn haven't moved), so we might be able to collectively move forward on schedule to turn 3.

On the other hand, has anyone heard from DK?  He hasn't logged in for more than four days.

Lord Harlock

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 20, 2012, 03:22:24 PM
But can't we at least set up a play date for all our kids or something?  They're all broadly the same age, they got on so well on Outreach in 3051, and Phelan could be there too this time.  I promice Kali won't perform cult rituals on anyone, with out asking for their parent's permission first.

Actually, I'll just let the cat out of the bag though I've done it already several times. The FRR would like to host a Martial Olympics/Regular Olympics on Tukayyid around Turn V. It's actually more like Ted Turner's Goodwill Games than anything. We call it the Rasalhague Friendship Games, but the Sweedinish name for it is the Rasalhague Vänskap-Kawaii Spelsama (Rasalhague Cute Friendship Lord Games). Basically all faction are invented to attend, and I will guarantee the safety of any foreign heads of state for the games.

There are some more details like a small entrance fee for each faction, and a prize amount that we haven't exactly worked out since it depends on attendance. The game winner will decided on who wins the most events. However, we expect that it would create good RP nevertheless. And if you guys want to do a play date, that's probably the best avenue for it.

On that note, why Tukayyid? Well, we wanted a world that most faction could send a delegation to if they chose to attend which is inside the Republic's boarders, and we didn't want to use Orestes.

FoxxItal

Quote from: Lord Harlock on July 20, 2012, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 20, 2012, 03:22:24 PM

Actually, I'll just let the cat out of the bag though I've done it already several times. The FRR would like to host a Martial Olympics/Regular Olympics on Tukayyid around Turn V. It's actually more like Ted Turner's Goodwill Games than anything. We call it the Rasalhague Friendship Games, but the Sweedinish name for it is the Rasalhague Vänskap-Kawaii Spelsama (Rasalhague Cute Friendship Lord Games). Basically all faction are invented to attend, and I will guarantee the safety of any foreign heads of state for the games.

There are some more details like a small entrance fee for each faction, and a prize amount that we haven't exactly worked out since it depends on attendance. The game winner will decided on who wins the most events. However, we expect that it would create good RP nevertheless. And if you guys want to do a play date, that's probably the best avenue for it.

On that note, why Tukayyid? Well, we wanted a world that most faction could send a delegation to if they chose to attend which is inside the Republic's boarders, and we didn't want to use Orestes.

Tuk is rather perfect. Great location and its pretty damn wide open, nothing but us farmers here! Just wait till you guys see the Mascot that MechaDynamics is providing ^_^, hint? Ever seen the movie, death to smoochie ^_^

Fatebringer

Although Romano would obviously think this a trap, I'm sure we could spare up some people for a games if it's supported by other houses as well.

Mekorig

Fatebringer

Not sure, he usually fades out mid-cycle. I'm sure Bergie could use a response on the FWL stuff.

Mekorig

Quote from: Fatebringer on August 22, 2012, 08:05:38 PM
Not sure, he usually fades out mid-cycle. I'm sure Bergie could use a response on the FWL stuff.

Bergie and I sure could use a response or two. heck, even Hugin used the ninja smoke bomb trick. :(

Iron Mongoose

I'm a bit worried myself, not just for DK (though his absance is distressing) but for everyone else as well.

The worst of it is that there's a feedback loop to inactivity.  I'd meant to do some post battle RP to commemorate this FGC's first MM battle (a tremendous victory for the CC by yours truely) and yet with no one on, I'm disuaded.  Why post RP that no one is going to be active to read, why support a game that seems like it might not last too many turns?  Better to use my time looking at cat videos (I don't actualy do that, but you get the idea).

So, let's at least get some OOC banter.

Fatebringer

I read the glorious victory! XD I try to avoid reading some of the RP for other factions so I don't think about things I don't know about, but every now and then I go read stuff just because I want to read stuff :P

I remember when in the last game when I wrote an epic story about how Bryn Cooper went mad... again. I wish more people saw it so I definately know what you mean. Also, my RP for the space battle that Sank the Bismark :) Good times. Still, I think of this game and how it's a turn based Large Scale combat mod and I'm still happy. I acknowledge the inactivity, but that works well for my plans. "Muah ha ha! Yes, Cower you Davion Dogs! The sleeper shall awaken!"

Crunch

The GM staff started the "knee jerk rules change after a rule is accidentally found to benefit the Fed Suns" thing. I got really tired of that in the last game so I'm reevaluating my participation.