My deepest apologies

Started by Daemonknight, July 21, 2012, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Hey guys, I am terribly sorry for disappearing for the length of time I was AWOL. It seems my leg keeps conspiring to interfere with my gaming these days >.<

long story short- I've been in the hospital for the past 2 weeks, thanks to my diabolical cat and a set of stairs. I'll spare you the details, but it involved alot of pain, and some serious concerns about wether or not I was going to be able to avoid becoming an amputee. Luckily for me, my leg suffered only a very minor fracture in the healthy part of my leg, along with some very severe brusing. However when you've have whats happened to my leg, even a bad bruise warrants a hospital visit. I didn't bring my labtop with me(and honestly, I was more than a little loopy with the high-dose narc painkillers).

Im back now, and oddly feeling better than i was before the accident. Physical therapists at the hospital even got me walking without crutches or a cane, for a few yards anyways(something I haven't been physiclly able to accomplish since September 24th of last year).

However, I am back now, and I will be cleaning up the forums and the game to go through with turn 2 in about a week's time(or less, depending on what administrative things i need to complete). I will open the turn for combat threads with 2 days notice.

Again, I must apologize for not having contact with you guys for the time i was gone. I understand if people are angry with me, and hope you all will forgive me, and be ready to bash some heads in ASAP.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Parmenion

I expect that most are aware of at least some of your medical concerns DK, so I would think that it has been more a case of the player populous hoping something really bad hadn't happened.  Personally I'm happy to hear you are still alive and kicking, albeit a two week stay in hospital would not be my preferred choice either.

By the way, a mate of mine has a book '101 Ways To Cook A Cat' in case your interested  ;)

Daemonknight

heh, i might have to take a look at that. Isn't the first time he's tripped me up, but its the first time i went feet first down the stairs.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Hugin

as I already said in skype: glad you're somewhat okay!!!

Mekorig

Glad to know that you are ok DK. Know this, cats are our evil overlords, and if yours step in in front of you, you made him angry for something. :D

Hope you get well soon, i have a leg fracture in the past, and i know it can hurt like bitch.

Dave Baughman

Glad to hear you're feeling better, DK - sounds like that was not a fun experience.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

FoxxItal

all good home-Z  :)  Health comes first, then playing ^_^

Daemonknight

Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 21, 2012, 07:58:00 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better, DK - sounds like that was not a fun experience.

Yeah, I kinda had my fill on leg fractures back when we first found the tumor you know? I can do without, haha. Although like i said, there is the happy ending- I'm actually up and walking around without a few steps without anything to support me, which is more than I was doing before the fall. So I guess it worked out in the end. Though the doc told me to keep it to a minimum for a few weeks untill the fracture has time to really harden up(it was pretty small, only a cm or two long, so he said it should be mostly healed within another week or so).

Hugin

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 22, 2012, 12:52:32 AM
Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 21, 2012, 07:58:00 PM

Yeah, I kinda had my fill on leg fractures back when we first found the tumor you know? I can do without, haha. Although like i said, there is the happy ending- I'm actually up and walking around without a few steps without anything to support me, which is more than I was doing before the fall. So I guess it worked out in the end. Though the doc told me to keep it to a minimum for a few weeks untill the fracture has time to really harden up(it was pretty small, only a cm or two long, so he said it should be mostly healed within another week or so).

cm
cm
cm
cm
cm
cm
cm

Did you fall and woke up in Europe????  8)

Daemonknight

neg, but hospitals are going metric for medical records, at least at Children's Hospital Boston and DFCI where I see my oncologist. More precise, and makes it easier for people who travel internationally as well I should think. I get my weight taken in Kg, my height in cm, and all the stuff about my leg is in centi- and millimeters.

Mekorig

It is good to see that the USA is getting, although slowly, in the civilized world. Get used to metric, get rid of Fahrenheit for Celcius and it will be complete!  ;D

Daemonknight

Uh, the US isn't changing, sorry. And I wouldn't expect it to within our lifetimes. Incase you guys don't catch the news about over here- what system of measurements we use is waaaaaaaay down on our list of things to get done. Likely below building a nice masonry wall across our border with Mexico.

In addition to the fact that there isn't a reason to change the system, beyond using the same system as you guys(because when you're brought up on our system, yours isn't really any easier to use), it would cost so much more money than it is worth to change things. Laws and regulations are written in the imperial system, road signs, construction diagrams, everything. ALL of it would need to be changed to bring the US into using the metric system. Highly unlikely in the middle of a massive socio-economic crisis as we have here. I mean honestly, if we didn't get around to it during our golden years- you really think NOW is when we have time and money to waste on something like that? Neg.

Plus as I said...theres really no reason to use your system, other than so everyone uses the same system. And I don't actually see your system as being better...its just different. I hear Europeans complain more about our system than I do Americans complaining about the metric system. Maybe you guys are the ones who should change :P

FoxxItal

Yeah guys just chill a few Fahrenheits  ;)

Lord Harlock

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 22, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
Plus as I said...theres really no reason to use your system, other than so everyone uses the same system. And I don't actually see your system as being better...its just different. I hear Europeans complain more about our system than I do Americans complaining about the metric system. Maybe you guys are the ones who should change :P

Why should we change to the metric system when it's easier to know how to convert when in a foreign country? Sure, the Imperial System isn't used by the government of Great Britain, but they still use it in the media. Plus, they still use stones, and honestly, I like knowing how to convert stones into pounds into kg, and I feel all the children of the Earth should be taught as I was how to measure in different methods from Imperial to Metric when I was six.

Besides, what happens when talking alien cats show up with a system of measurement based on eight? Thank you GOG for reminding me of my love of killing giant alien cats.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Daemonknight.

Dave Baughman

You all know what you really should be using.

The fact that one prime is equal to one foot is entirely coincidental.  ;)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.