[RP/MM] Turn 40: The Dark vs. TC Invasion Organo 4037 *Complete*

Started by LittleH13, June 07, 2010, 01:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleH13

The Dark are invading!

Ground/ASF

Mist Galaxy   Black Keshik   Mech cluster   Elite   Fanatical                   17.5
Mist Galaxy   201 Mechanized Cluster   Mech cluster   Veteran   Fanatical      18.25
Mist Galaxy   201 Aero detatchment   Aero Cluster   Regular   Fanatical      12

Naval

A Naval Star   Treachery (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
B Naval Star   Tendency (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
B Naval Star   Trueborn (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
B Naval Star   Freeborn (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
B Naval Star   Estragon  (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
B Naval Star   Micer  (SL Congress)   SL Congress   Regular   Fanatical              10
Command Naval Star   Streaking Mist (Black Lion)   Black Lion   Elite   Fanatical 30
Command Naval Star   Osis's Pride (Potemkin)   Potemkin   Veteran   Fanatical              40
Command Naval Star   Red Dwarf (McKenna SL)   McKenna SL   Green   Fanatical 20
Command Naval Star   IlClan (Cameron SL)   Cameron SL   Regular   Fanatical 17

Jeyar

Since there is another force showing up to the party, I'm not sure if I should be doing a roll, but should it be that I should be doing so:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

LittleH13

The Dark init roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Jeyar

Additional Rolls:

First Roll(losses):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Special Roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Jeyar

*sigh*

So, after losses - have 8.75 FP gone to ground.

No forces going to be able to go and save the day from elsewhere.

If only the 2 and the 5 had switched. Man, those Dark aren't only powerful but lucky. Quite possibly could have done some good on these monsters.

------
Edit: Guerilla Warfare for the ground forces - Gordons Armored Cavalry and the local militia 11.25 and 2.5, lost 5 FP, net is 8.75 FP, which is under the 10 FP limit. Say about 1.5 FP the militia and 7.25 FP for the mercs.

Jeyar

Trying to explain (try 2):

The first roll was to see the TC's losses as used the Guerilla warfare rule. It was a 5, not quite max losses.

The second roll was for unplanned reinforcement. Which didn't work, so per the grammar of the rule means I didn't muster in time (which considering, was potentially a good thing). However it WAS my one attempt this turn.

Dave Baughman

I'm seeing a couple of potential issues here.

First, isn't a large chunk of the forces in this system arriving after the Dark due to lost iniative?

Second, you need to fight at least one round of combat before activating Guerilla warfare - see below

Guerilla Warfare
Type: Invasion
Requirement: Ground forces only
Effect: Survivors from any other Battle type order may be designated as Guerillas. Any forces designated as Guerillas immediately take 1d6 FP of damage representing materiel losses in the process of going to ground. Guerilla units become Static units and cannot be moved until friendly forces regain control of the star system.

The maximum Guerilla force (per faction) in any star system is 10 FP.

Each turn, hostile factions with garrison forces present roll 2d6 each turn. On a 10+ the Guerillas are uncovered and may be attacked. On any other results, roll again and consult the Guerilla Warfare table - this is the amount of damage the Guerillas sustain over the course of the turn through low-intensity combat.

From the look of it, it seems we may need to go back through and re-evaluate the results from the start of the fight. I will take a close look at this on my next break and if time permits I will post updated information.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

Ah - thought that they were survivors of "any other battle type".

So, you're saying the Taurians don't even make it to the planet? To be frank, seeing this force and I don't see the mercs landing. However this is probably going to be an even worse result then...

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on June 09, 2010, 04:23:13 PM
Ah - thought that they were survivors of "any other battle type".

So, you're saying the Taurians don't even make it to the planet? To be frank, seeing this force and I don't see the mercs landing. However this is probably going to be an even worse result then...

That would be totally legit for you to not land the mercs if you chose that option, since they would arrive after the Dark attack.

Basically, the sequence of events is:

Round 1: Dark arrive and attack. 2.5 FP force probably gets wiped out. Dark takes some damage.
Round 2: Mercs arrive. Since they are "outside" of the system, they could choose to turn around and leave without facing interdiction. Otherwise, they would need to get past Dark defensive interdiction to reach the planet... which might get messy.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Anyway, lets resolve round 1 of the combat quickly.

Dark will attack with only the following:

Mist Galaxy   201 Aero detatchment   Aero Cluster   Regular   Fanatical      12

Simple res roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Dark Crit Check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

(ooc - going to roll for the initial TC defenders just to get this first part resolved)
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

No crits for the Dark

TC inflicts 1.00 FP after rounding

Mist Galaxy   201 Aero detatchment   Aero Cluster   Regular   Fanatical      11 FP SURVIVES

As no ground forces were landed, TC still controls the planet.

Operations round 2 - TC reinforcements arrived. Jeyar, please advise if they will attempt to force a landing or if they flee.

Jeyar

They are mercs, and since the TC doesn't want them to die, they should flee.

Just in the unlikely case that more rolls are needed (bye-bye 2.5 FP defenders). [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

LittleH13

[OOC- Jeyar wait until you are prompted to make rolls. Do not make random rolls in a thread.]

The Dark warships move into orbit and proceed to Orbitally Bombard the planet.

Orbat Round 2

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Orbat Round 3

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Orbat Round 4

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Orbat Round 5

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Orbat Round 6

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]

LittleH13

The commander of the Dark fleet smiled as she watched the Taurian scum planet get blasted back to the stone age.

[OOC- The MF and the HPG are completely destroyed during the bombardment.]