Inter-Clan Watch IC Roleplaying Thread

Started by Daemonknight, June 28, 2010, 02:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Star Colonel Darrel Pershaw went down to the building's atrium to meet the new Special Operations Director.

"Welcome to the InterClan Watch Star Captain. I have heard good things about your men. No doubt Star Captain Reinhardt will be using many of your men's methods in his training sessions." Pershaw led the Star Captain in a short tour of the facility: the first floor held the motor pool, archives, a gymnasium with locker room, and next to the motor pool was a mission locker room that held the SO team's mission equipment(except for their weapons, which were stored in the armory in the basement, alongside the training and shooting ranges).

The upper floors had offices, holding cells, interrogation and conference rooms, and various computer and mainframe rooms for the considerable technical specalists that were required to operate a modern intelligence service.

"Any questions Star Captain?"
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Nikita had wandered the floors of the building and checked the entrance frequently. She felt a bit lonely, not wanting to interrupt the already settled Directors and officeholders. Also, her work so far was done, as her personnel was still very few. Perhaps it would change soon. Ah, the entrance. A new male was arriving and the "Boss" was already welcoming him. She decided to hear over this. Also, Pershaw led him around the area, even outside which he did not deem necessary when she made her appearance. At least now she could take some looks, taking it as a training in stealth. He outfit was not specially tailored for this task, but her boots were somewhat lighter than most and would help.

GraeGor

Lan had met briefly with the Hell's Horseman that would serve as his immediate superior within the ICW, and while he was moderately hurt that someone other than himself was made Director, at least this Clansman hadn't talked down to him after he reviewed Lan's "credentials".

In fact, he seemed surprised that Lan wasn't made Director instead, his experience, going all the way back to his youth, began at an age that was younger than Clan Warriors began their basic military training, he even went so far as to say so directly, "Mister Lan, this," he says holding the Adder's records up, "tells me that by all rights, my position should have been yours. Your former life is probably what made them decide to put me in this chair instead of you."

"Regardless, I am damn proud to have you working with me, rather than against me," sincerity evident as he speaks, "I have the feeling I may be calling upon your knowledge somewhat frequently," he extends his hand across the desk, Lan accepts it, the two Warriors, albeit of differing approaches, form a bond then and there, one that will prove as strong as if the two were actual brothers, "The Homeworld Clans will not know what hit them with you directing Operations there," a feral smile on his face.

"Thank you, Sir," is Lan only reply, anything, if there was more that the former Lyran was going to say is interrupted by a messenger.

"Director," he says, addressing the superior officer of the two, before turning to Lan, "Deputy Director. I have a message from you. Forwarded from the Union of Independent Worlds for you. Point of origin, Arluna."

Lan's complexion paled, he hadn't expected to ever receive any form of communications from that area again. last he heard he had been disowned by his family for his betrayal by their traditions and standards. And he had reluctantly agreed that they were in a sense right, but then he felt, and still feels, that what he did was right. He has learned to live with it.

Lan accepts the message, reading it quickly at first, then going back and rereading it much more slowly. As he reads it the second time, his Commander notices a profound change in his demeanor, it softens dramatically, even the hint of tears forming in his subordinate's eyes isn't missed by the Director of Special Operations.

"Something serious," he remarks, "judging from your reaction Mister Lan."

"Aff, Sir," Lan replies, "By your leave, Sir, I must send a response before the DropShip lifts off. It is a family matter," the way Lan says family revealing a sense of loss, gain, and loss again in those three syllables.

"Then by all means, do what you must," is about the only thing the Director can think to say.

Lan stands, salutes, waits for the Director to salute in return, then turns sharply on his heel, his first step already in motion before he completes it. He manages to retain his composure for about twenty paces before breaking into a jog, he ignores the elevators, instead taking the stairs, running the flights at a breakneck pace. He bursts through the doors, startling the other applicants and staff, more than a few drawing weapons and pointing them at him as he streaks through the lobby, out the door, and all the way to the HPG Station.

His mind races with replies almost as fast as his legs carry him across roads, intersections and sidewalks. Only the look on his face prevent any from stopping him, the few that notice his insignia glad that they didn't make the effort.

In short order, Lan reaches his destination, though he pauses for many minutes, steeling his resolve. What to say after all this time, how to say it, should he even bother are some of the thoughts that boil in his mind. Finally, having decided how to best do it, he enters.

Minutes later he leaves, his lot in life is that which he chose, and what he has done he can only hope and pray that everyone will understand....

GreyJaeger

The silence of the day began to be disturbed as the unmistakable rumble of a number of large vehicles approached the headquarters of the ICW. Around the bend spectators could pick out the distinctive profile of an Indra Infantry Transport, followed by two identical vehicles. The Indras bore the generic paint scheme and markings of Clan Steel Viper. The three vehicles stopped after forming a semi-circle. The doors opened on all three vehicles. Out of the two outer vehicles, four points of Steel Viper Trueborn Infantry poured out, with a fifth point exiting the center vehicle. After the Viper troopers, came a score of disheveled looking individuals, all shackled by their wrists and feet, followed by another three points of Infantry.

Four of the seven points of Infantry fanned out forming an outer perimeter away from the prisoners, being covered by the machine guns of the Indra's turrets. The final three points fanned out and covered their cargo with their auto-rifles and sub-machine guns. In the advent that the troops had to fire, the rounds would strike the armored hides of the fighting vehicles, and not fly off into nowhere.

Out of the middle armored vehicle, an average looking man wearing ablative-flak armor over a Steel Viper combat uniform. He walked with a purposeful stride towards the security personnel heading towards the unexpected arrival.

"I am Star Captain Klaus. I need a security detail to take possession of these prisoners and a flag officer to verigraph their receipt.". 

Daemonknight

Star Commander Jirou was heading the guard detail on the morning that the Steel Vipers brought forth their group of prisoners for the ICW. First batch to arrive for the interrogation tanks.

"Star Captain Klaus, I am Star Commander Jirou. I shall take these prisoners off your hands." As the younger officer moved to verify the transfer, he spoke quiet orders into his headset radio, and within moments, the minute roar of jump jets could be heard as a point of Elementals jumped to within 200m of the prisoner exchange. After the Star Commander finished the verigraph, the Steel Viper soldiers quickly herded the prisoners foreward, where the Elementals surrounded them in a wall of ferro-fibrous armor, and led them around to the side-entrance to the holding cells.

"Good day Star Captain."
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Iron Mongoose

Non-stop since the nuclear attack at Tamar, the Watch had been rushing to determine who had been behind it.  They studied every inflection of every word in the transmited message, looking at every detail of every fighter, studied the signatues of the nukes.  At least as much as they could do in a few days; exuastive testing was under way, but would take a month to bear fruit.

For now, they had a quick answer, and Drax Mattila was still unhappy with it.  "I can not take this to the Grand Council.  Yes, is says who did not do it, but not anything about who did.  That is what Khans care about!" 

The poor watch analyst shrank back.  "We simply don't have that sort of data at this time."

"Then do a probability study.  Get me something positive, and not just negitives."

"Aff.  I will see what can be done."

Daemonknight

Darrel Pershaw was tired.

Then again, so wasn't everyone else in the complex. The nuclear attacks at Tamar had at least tripled the work flow for the ICWatch, which was already considerable with their various operations. Drax Mattila had his Intelligence section running double-time, trying to sift facts from the relative lack of information available. So far, he hadn't produced much, but that was because there was little to be sifted through. Investigations take time, even when not hampered by massive conflict in the area. Pershaw had total faith in Mattila's ability to produce results, were he given suitable material to work with. However, the Khans would be far less forgiving, but that was the nature of intelligence within the Clans: only the ones who had done it before understood that you couldn't investigate a problem with a PPC.

Pershaw looked at the timepiece on his desk: 0345. He had been awake for the better part of 3 days, trying to organize a task force to investigate the Tamar incident. Drax Mattila would be personally in charge of the group, but Pershaw would be drawing on resources from the Falcons to assist his efforts. saKhan Pryde had proven to be a rare gem in the Clans: a warrior who understood the importance of intelligence work, and who possessed the patience to see it resolve. He had already promised resources to this particular task, in addition to the current Jade Falcon contribution.

The translated message bothered him however. It was ironic: he had been reviewing the message in conjunction with the intelligence reports on Tamar when the Falcon Watch had contacted him. Star Commander Lucia had asked him about the supposed rebel group: how did such a small group, not even known to the Watch, acquire 7 nuclear weapons, and sneak them to the homeworld of the Exiles, with the might of the true Wolves also there? After their talk, Lucia had confirmed it was saKhan Pryde who had made the initial inquiry. An intelligent man, the saKhan. Pershaw once more had the thought that Khan Sonoma might need to worry about her position.

Pershaw wrote a quick note in his computer, and fired it off to Drax, requesting he come to Pershaw's office. They had to discuss how best to use the supplemental Falcon funds.

Iron Mongoose

After a sizeable delay, Drax made his way to see Darrel, grumbling the whole way about his feckless puppydog of a boss.  Reaching the Falcon warrior, he asked simply, "I presume this relates to our ongoing investigation, quiaff?"

Daemonknight

"Aff. The Jade Falcons are requesting to be directly involved in the Tamar investigation, at the behest of saKhan Brian Pryde. I have decided to agree to their request. You will be recieving additional funding, aswell as access to Jade Falcon personnel to conduct operations involving any leads about the nuclear attack. It is to be treated as equally important as finding the home base of the rouge Scientists and their lackeys."

Pershaw impassivly watched Mattila. He knew the man didn't like him, and the feeling was mutual. He decided that in this case, directing the man's actions would only escalate the problem, a situation he thought to avoid by offering outside assistance.

Iron Mongoose

"Very well.  We could use all the help.  But be sure the Falcons understand that this is to be done as our opperation, my way.  If we want to preserve our nutrality, if we want to do this right, then that is how it must be.  If not, let us just save the effort and I will make a report that says the Wolves did it, or the Bears, or the Jaguars or Coyotes or Terrans or Niopsians or whoever you want."

Daemonknight

"The mission is at your discretion Star Colonel. You will have no trouble with the Jade Falcon Watch."

Fatebringer

QuoteFrom: Klaus Harper, Loremaster of Clan Snow Raven
To: Darrel Pershaw, Head of the Inter-Clan Watch
Subject: A Raven Contribution

Star Colonel Pershaw,

Pursuant to my Khans decree that the we should provide a team to the Inter-Clan Watch versed in the protocols of the Raven Watch. It became apparant to me that this team would need a name. Based on the purpose of the Clans to one day establish a new Star League devoid of the House Lords influence, one name came to me nearly immediately. The Star Leagues symbol was a Daggerstar, the dagger being the sybolic icon of the subterfuge, and the clans have adopted the star long ago. Hence I recommend use this opportunity to bind us further to our past by adopting the term for our Inter-Clan special operatives teams.

The Ravens would like to request the name Daggerstar Rho for the Raven team.

Loremaster Klaus Harper
Head of the Snow Raven Watch

Daemonknight

To: Klaus Harper, Loremaster of Clan Snow Raven
Subject: Daggerstar Rho

It would be my honor to accept your team into the Inter-Clan Watch, Loremaster Harper. I find your naming scheme quite agreeable, and I think perhaps it will be adopted by the rest of our Teams in the near future. Rho will be reserved for the Snow Raven team at your request.

Marlin

Sudeten
01. November 3069

Nikita, after reviewing reports, was shellshocked. 'That must be discussed.' She hurried to the Star Colonel's office after taking some stuff with her.

Just knocking once, there was no time for courtesies, she entered.

"Star Colonel, I need to talk to you. This has been promoted via the News. I already have put a message to the Ice Hellions if this was true, but you might know already. Is it? It will seriously hamper our efforts and open up a new round of infiltration, this time with this as justification."

She handed over her datapad to Pershaw.

QuoteILKHANS ORDER FOR GENOCIDE: REVEALED

31 October 3069 (The Starling Report)

Helloooooooo Rim Worlders, looks like its time to start shopping for that new home on Robinson. Why? Because Diana Pryde doesn't like you. She doesn't like you a lot. Don't believe me? Read the order yourself. Where did I get it you ask? Well, lets just say a lot of Clan butt got kicked on Morges and they left a few things behind they shouldn't have.

SECRET ALPHA GOLD
GENERAL ORDERS FOR ALL COMMANDS ALL CLANS
TO: ALL GALAXY COMMANDERS
SUBJECT: DISPOSITION OF AMARIS BLOODLINE

THE WATCH HAS DETERMINED THAT SOME ELEMENTS OF THE RIM WORLDS REPUBLIC POPULATION MAY BEAR
THE ACCURSED BLOOD OF AMARIS THE USURPER. AS ALL RECORDS OF THE USURPER WERE DESTROYED THERE
IS NO REPEAT NO RELIABLE DNA TEST FOR THE TAINT.

FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLE OF THE GREAT FATHER ALL MEMBERS OF THE AMARIS BLOODLINE SHALL BE PUT TO
DEATH. AUTHORIZED METHODS OF DISPOSITION ARE:

FIRING SQUAD
HANGING
DEATH BY STARVATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH HARD LABOR
LETHAL INJECTION
EJECTION INTO VACUUM

DUE TO THE INABILITY TO FILTER POPULATION FOR AMARIS BLOODLINE ALL RESIDENTS OF RIM WORLDS REPUBLIC
REGARDLESS OF PERPORTED BLOOD HERITAGE ARE TO BE CONSIDERED AMARIS DESCENDANTS. NO EXCEPTIONS
ARE ALLOWED TO THIS ORDER.

THIS ORDER IS NOT TO BE DISSEMINATED TO FREEBORN PERSONNEL.

DIANA

So I don't know about you, but I'm cancelling this year's vacation on New Apollo.

Disclaimer: INN does not fund, produce, or exercise editorial control over the Starling Report. The opinions expressed on this program are not those of INN, Our Blessed Order, or the Terran Hegemony government.

Daemonknight

Pershaw looked at the datapad briefly, seemingly already aware of it's contents. He didn't speak though, instead looking over Nikita's shoulder. When the warrior turned, she was suprised by the person who greeted her.

"I can assure you, no such order was ever given, nor would it ever be." ilKhan Diana Pryde had just come out of the Star Colonel's private bathroom, and walked slowly to the two ICWatch agents.

"Even if such an order were indeed to be given, I would not be so stupid to put it in writing. Besides, does it look like a Clan-style order? Since when do we kill civilians on a whim? This is mere propoganda, once more attempting to reinforce that the Clans are the 'true enemy' of the Inner Sphere. After all, thats the only thing they have against us. The average citizen has not seen the Trial system, they are so used to the total warfare style of the Succession Wars, that they are perfectly willing to accept us as bloodthirsty savages, who kill for pleasure. What is your sugestion, to counter this article?"

Both the ilKhan and Star Colonel Pershaw were looking intently at Nikita, awaiting her answer.