New Record Sheet

Started by Dave Baughman, July 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

Dave-

Where is warship class bonus and DS collars bonus to MP?

Holt

Also for transported ASF units, i guess you can pick any jumpship class in order to fill them out, or will they be handled at as ground forces that whose composition is ASF?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on July 03, 2010, 08:34:57 PM
Also for transported ASF units, i guess you can pick any jumpship class in order to fill them out, or will they be handled at as ground forces that whose composition is ASF?

If they are transported, you should choose "independent wing" from the bottom of the unit types menu.

Quote from: Holt on July 03, 2010, 08:32:30 PM
Dave-

Where is warship class bonus and DS collars bonus to MP?

Automatically calculated as part of the MP creation formula.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

I think I get many of the list - but what does Map, SS, HWZ (Home World Zone?) and BBF mean?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on July 03, 2010, 09:13:30 PM
I think I get many of the list - but what does Map, SS, HWZ (Home World Zone?) and BBF mean?

Map is which map the hex is on (Homeworlds, Deep Periphery, IS)
SS is Space Station
HWZ is Homeworld Zone
BBF is Blackbox Factory
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

Thanks for those answers.

Next one: almost everywhere I see this:
msoxl:
Do we just erase that to make the lines "function"?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on July 04, 2010, 01:05:43 AM
Thanks for those answers.

Next one: almost everywhere I see this:
msoxl:
Do we just erase that to make the lines "function"?

There should not be random errors everywhere. What version of Excel are you using?

Also, can you post a screencap of the error so I can understand what you mean by "almost everywhere"?

Jeyar

When I mean everywhere, I mean before every equal sign that begins an equation.

Fan Council - Revised Orders Sheet                                    

Starting Banked Revenue         3.66         Validation                  
   Financial Gain/Loss         msoxl:=SUM(C13:C15)-SUM(F13:F19)         RP Balance   msoxl:=IF(E10>=0,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Ending Banked Revenue         msoxl:=MROUND(SUM(E8+E9),0.25)         MP Balance   msoxl:=IF(Income!K17>=0,"VALID","INVALID")               
                     MF Capacity   msoxl:=IF(Income!J23>=Income!K23,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Income         Expenses         SY Capacity   msoxl:=IF(Income!J24>=Income!K24,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Ownership   msoxl:=SUM(Income!E7:E25)      Trade   msoxl:=SUM(Income!J31:J43)                        
   Trade   msoxl:=SUM(Income!K31:K43)      Infrastructure   msoxl:=Expenses!E15                        
   Other   msoxl:=SUM(Income!C40:C42)      Military   msoxl:=Expenses!E31      Intel Skills                  
            R&D   msoxl:=Expenses!B39      IG                  
            Intelligence   msoxl:=Expenses!E55      CI                  
            Mercenaries   msoxl:=Expenses!E70      SO                  
            Command Circ.   msoxl:=Misc!H27                        

Holt

Stick the R&D roll fee as a 5RP expense in the 'R&D Projects' sub menu?

Holt

Also- i thought 'permanent pool' only included ground FP, not naval FP plus ground FP.

Holt

And- when you collapse the naval units composition rows, it hides the Marine FP the unit has; cant we make it more prominent?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on July 04, 2010, 11:37:53 AM
When I mean everywhere, I mean before every equal sign that begins an equation.

Fan Council - Revised Orders Sheet                                    

Starting Banked Revenue         3.66         Validation                  
   Financial Gain/Loss         msoxl:=SUM(C13:C15)-SUM(F13:F19)         RP Balance   msoxl:=IF(E10>=0,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Ending Banked Revenue         msoxl:=MROUND(SUM(E8+E9),0.25)         MP Balance   msoxl:=IF(Income!K17>=0,"VALID","INVALID")               
                     MF Capacity   msoxl:=IF(Income!J23>=Income!K23,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Income         Expenses         SY Capacity   msoxl:=IF(Income!J24>=Income!K24,"VALID","INVALID")               
   Ownership   msoxl:=SUM(Income!E7:E25)      Trade   msoxl:=SUM(Income!J31:J43)                        
   Trade   msoxl:=SUM(Income!K31:K43)      Infrastructure   msoxl:=Expenses!E15                        
   Other   msoxl:=SUM(Income!C40:C42)      Military   msoxl:=Expenses!E31      Intel Skills                  
            R&D   msoxl:=Expenses!B39      IG                  
            Intelligence   msoxl:=Expenses!E55      CI                  
            Mercenaries   msoxl:=Expenses!E70      SO                  
            Command Circ.   msoxl:=Misc!H27                        

Looks like this MSOXL is something your spreadsheet program is adding - the actual formulas start with the "=" sign.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:48:31 PM

Correct

Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:51:07 PM
Also- i thought 'permanent pool' only included ground FP, not naval FP plus ground FP.

It is equal to your total transported FP; so its based on movement class, not unit type.

Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:53:01 PM
And- when you collapse the naval units composition rows, it hides the Marine FP the unit has; cant we make it more prominent?

If you want to you can ungroup the support section and regroup it so that the marines show up when its collapsed. That or put a Marines column on the end that is equal to the "M" colum in the support group.

That would be a short term solution. Long term, when ground forces go to the equipment tables format I'm going to totally redo marines anyway.

Cannonshop

Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 04, 2010, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:48:31 PM

Correct

Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:51:07 PM

It is equal to your total transported FP; so its based on movement class, not unit type.

Quote from: Holt on July 04, 2010, 03:53:01 PM

If you want to you can ungroup the support section and regroup it so that the marines show up when its collapsed. That or put a Marines column on the end that is equal to the "M" colum in the support group.

That would be a short term solution. Long term, when ground forces go to the equipment tables format I'm going to totally redo marines anyway.

That's good for me, I guess-the Coast Guard's supposed to have Marines and attack boats as part of every flotilla...(Y'know, for boarding actions, customs, shit like that...)

Deathrider6

Ooooh equipment tables for ground troops..I will like that a lot. Will make writing fluff even easier.