New Record Sheet

Started by Dave Baughman, July 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Here is the first "release ready" version of the new record sheet. Please take a look at this and see if there are any mistakes in the coding. I will post a tutorial with the "official" way to populate the equipment table and convert over legacy Naval units tomorrow, but feel free to start experimenting now.

In addition to the naval change, this sheet incorporates many changes in how the sheet behaves, especially when working with non-transported units.

The attachement here is the XLSX version. I will upload an XLS conversion in the next post.

UPDATE: New version uploaded with formula corrections.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

XLS (Office 97/2000) version

(note - big file... I would appreciate folks using the more compact XLSX if possible)

UPDATE: New version uploaded with formula corrections.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DisGruntled

Looks good, but it's going to be a lot of work for some of us to convert over...  :o

Territory tab:
Wouldn't it make sense to have the totals at the top instead of below the 10 rows or so?  Most of us have more then 10 systems
What do all the acronyms stand for?  NM I found it by looking at the income tab.  What's the difference between guest and domestic guest facilities?

Naval Tab / Equipment tables:
Any chance of a sample table and then a sample naval entry or two?
Most of us are a long ways off any RATs, are we going to be able to make our own?
I'm glad I'm not a Snow Raven.

Expenses:
any chance for more entries on the military construction section or are we free to add em in ourselves?

What tabs can we change?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DisGruntled on July 02, 2010, 03:27:09 AM
Looks good, but it's going to be a lot of work for some of us to convert over...  :o

Territory tab:
Wouldn't it make sense to have the totals at the top instead of below the 10 rows or so?  Most of us have more then 10 systems
What do all the acronyms stand for?  NM I found it by looking at the income tab.  What's the difference between guest and domestic guest facilities?

This is a good idea, and I'll implement it in the next version. +1 for an excellent suggestion.

A Guest facility is one of your facilities that is in someone else's hex. You get hte production/MP/IC cash/whatever, but not hte base tax revenue.

A Domestic Guest facility is someone else's facility in one of your hexes. You get the tax revenue, but not the functionality of the hex improvement.

Most of us are a long ways off any RATs, are we going to be able to make our own?

Yes, I will be including examples with the tutorial I'm working on -- its just not ready yet.

You guys will be making your own RATs, though there will be some rules.

Expenses:
any chance for more entries on the military construction section or are we free to add em in ourselves?

Feel free to insert more lines. As long as its a "middle" row, the formulas should all auto-update.

What tabs can we change?

Ideally, I'd like to preserve the core functionality, but if you want to add more content as long as it doesn't break any of the formulas it should work.

Cannonshop

Quote from: DisGruntled on July 02, 2010, 03:27:09 AM
Looks good, but it's going to be a lot of work for some of us to convert over...  :o

Territory tab:
Wouldn't it make sense to have the totals at the top instead of below the 10 rows or so?  Most of us have more then 10 systems
What do all the acronyms stand for?  NM I found it by looking at the income tab.  What's the difference between guest and domestic guest facilities?

Expenses:

What tabs can we change?

Hell, you think YOU have a lot of work???

GraeGor

And here I went and decided to learn HOW to fill one out, so I'm starting from scratch

DXM

In regards to the "Equipment table template" tab, I have no clue as to what I'm looking at or how to fill it in.  *whimper*

chaosxtreme

Quote from: DXM on July 02, 2010, 07:05:31 AM
In regards to the "Equipment table template" tab, I have no clue as to what I'm looking at or how to fill it in.  *whimper*

Urbies and Jackalopes...those are for your assault battalions. remember.

Cannonshop

Quote from: GraeGor on July 02, 2010, 06:13:16 AM
And here I went and decided to learn HOW to fill one out, so I'm starting from scratch

You'n me both, mon, though I'm told I'll be getting a "Correct" baseline sheet from the GM staff after they've finished figuring out who gets what and how much of it.

DXM should be pleased, though-he's got more than the next bigger chunk by a considerable fraction, including multiple factories, two recharge stations, an Improved Comms, two PF's and about forty-something control worlds.

Thankfully, he didn't get Alarion, so I still have Kelli Fitz (at least long enough to get her home...)

DXM

Even if Alarion came to me, I still would have let her leave.  This isn't Lao Hu's Rim Worlds Republic, though I completely understand the roleplaying need to villify it due to . . . past actions.

GraeGor

Kelli's welcome to leave, though the Watch will likely be going over and thru everything three of four times to make sure there aren't any "gifts" left behind

And don't worry DXM, you'll get villified right proper ;)

Cannonshop

Quote from: GraeGor on July 02, 2010, 08:42:59 AM
Kelli's welcome to leave, though the Watch will likely be going over and thru everything three of four times to make sure there aren't any "gifts" left behind

And don't worry DXM, you'll get villified right proper ;)

Kelli's taking "her" staff with her-which isn't a great loss, all in all-just most of the Union members/organizers and a bunch of key management and engineering pukes who'd probablby be replaced under the Clan's influence anyway (after all, why keep someone that OLD??)

All the tech-data taken in the departure is replaceable (and leaves the computers sparkling-clean and ready for input from Clan sources...about 120 Googolbytes of capacity was opened up...)

all in all, I'd say that far from being a problem, Kelli Fitz leaving is to the Adders' benefit-she basically cleaned out a bunch of stuff that wasn't of any use to the new landlords whatsoever...

GreyJaeger

Question about Dropships and Fighters, what if you already had say the Dropships allotted to a vessel. The Vipers have this on the record sheets. Is that basically going away then?

I guess how exactly are the charts actually going to be used?

Another question, What happens when a new fighter comes on line. For, example, the Vipers have two new fighters coming available soon. Do I just choose where to put them in the chart?

LittleH13

Calm down guys. Dave has been working hard and is going to be writing a tutorial for the new sheet this evening. I wouldn't be surprised, knowing Dave, if it was some sort of power point presentation with an icon of him in some RD esque uniform  :P

GreyJaeger

Not meaning to be jumpy and all..Was just wondering.

However, I think I may have found a bug...Of course it could just be me. But it seems that the drop down menu for movement class in the Ground Troops Tab is bugged. There is no menu like in the Naval Forces tab.

Yes..I get a FALSE for MP Validation.

Second Edit...Tried a fresh sheet, and I still get that error.