New Record Sheet

Started by Dave Baughman, July 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

*Sigh* guess i know what i am doing with my 3 day weekend......

GraeGor

Quote from: Holt on July 02, 2010, 03:21:46 PM
*Sigh* guess i know what i am doing with my 3 day weekend......

Want to trade...I'm scheduled to work

Daemonknight

Want to trade, I need a job :o
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

GraeGor

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 02, 2010, 03:26:35 PM

if you can be here by 9pm and have experience in convenience store/gas station field, sure...my shift is from 10pm to 8am

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyJaeger on July 02, 2010, 02:26:46 PM
Not meaning to be jumpy and all..Was just wondering.

However, I think I may have found a bug...Of course it could just be me. But it seems that the drop down menu for movement class in the Ground Troops Tab is bugged. There is no menu like in the Naval Forces tab.

Yes..I get a FALSE for MP Validation.

Second Edit...Tried a fresh sheet, and I still get that error.

I will check this when I get home from work.

What version of Excel are you using?

Also, is it only the Ground tab that is having problems, or is the Naval tab also impacted?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DisGruntled

I'm using Office 2k7 and the first linked file, and while I was able to change the type of movement for the naval tab(column e), I was unable to do so on the ground forces tab (once again column e).  It doesn't look like the look ups working properly or is possibly locked.

Clan factions will need to change their IC income to 2.5 instead of 0.5 unless like the Adders someone else is managing portions of it.  (hope to get this corrected shortly ;) )

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DisGruntled on July 02, 2010, 04:49:56 PM
I'm using Office 2k7 and the first linked file, and while I was able to change the type of movement for the naval tab(column e), I was unable to do so on the ground forces tab (once again column e).  It doesn't look like the look ups working properly or is possibly locked.

Clan factions will need to change their IC income to 2.5 instead of 0.5 unless like the Adders someone else is managing portions of it.  (hope to get this corrected shortly ;) )

Its possible that I accidentally didn't carry over the field its supposed to look at when I cloned that part from the naval tab. I will check it tonight and update the sheets if neccessary.

With regard tothe Clan factions, the tax and the Comm revenue really should be tracked separately, since it can become tricky in certain oddball situations. There is a communications revenue box in the "other revenue" section, which I plan to make automated in a future version (I.E. there will be a dropdown selector for Comms status and a box to enter how many extra ICs a faction is running).
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

I probably could do it no problem, but unless you live/work in Central Massachusettes, I doubt I'll be able to make it, seeing as how I have no lisence, thanks to my painkillers :P

damn doctor wont give me my lisence back while i'm still on the narc-painkillers...friggen sucks, because i've been told I might be in pain for the rest of my life. I might never drive again! either that, or i lie and say it doesnt hurt anymore, just to get the lisence...

Quote from: GraeGor on July 02, 2010, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: Daemonknight on July 02, 2010, 03:26:35 PM

if you can be here by 9pm and have experience in convenience store/gas station field, sure...my shift is from 10pm to 8am
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

GreyJaeger

Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 02, 2010, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: GreyJaeger on July 02, 2010, 02:26:46 PM
Not meaning to be jumpy and all..Was just wondering.

However, I think I may have found a bug...Of course it could just be me. But it seems that the drop down menu for movement class in the Ground Troops Tab is bugged. There is no menu like in the Naval Forces tab.

Yes..I get a FALSE for MP Validation.

Second Edit...Tried a fresh sheet, and I still get that error.

Naval Tab worked fine..It was just the Ground Forces Tab.

And I am using Office 2010.
I will check this when I get home from work.

What version of Excel are you using?

Also, is it only the Ground tab that is having problems, or is the Naval tab also impacted?

Dave Baughman

I identified the error (and a couple of other procedural quirks) and have fixed them. New versions have been uploaded.

Please also review these instructions and let me know if everything makes sense. At the end are examples of entering both a WarShip flotilla and a Mobile flotilla.

Transported flotillas aren't listed in the instructions, but can be made by choosing "Independent Wing" as the unit type and set the movement class to Transported.

Space Stations work just like the example of the mobile flotilla, except the movement class would be Static rather than Mobile.

Holt

Hey Dave thanks for all the great work you have done, the new orders look really good.

But i hate you for making me redo 4 factions.

Dave Baughman

Itty bitty update:

Income tab, cell K16, change the formula to:

=IF(K11<0,SUM(K15-K11),K15)

LittleH13

You are a CPA...you live for this sort of stuff.

Quote from: Holt on July 03, 2010, 04:32:49 AM
Hey Dave thanks for all the great work you have done, the new orders look really good.

But i hate you for making me redo 4 factions.

DXM

Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 03, 2010, 04:44:09 AM
Itty bitty update:

Income tab, cell K16, change the formula to:

=IF(K11<0,SUM(K15-K11),K15)

I made that change and it gives me a message that says "Err:501"  Is this normal?

DXM

Also, I'm not sure about which BV for the Eisensturm is 1.0 and which is 2.0; Combat Operations' master equipment table, for instance, gives the Primary as 2519 while TRO67 gives it as 2475.  Both are labeled simply as "Battle Value" without a version number.  Since Combat Ops is the later publication, I'm going to *assume* that it is correct -- but its numbers don't match with the BV I've got for other designs (for instance, CO says F-92 Stingray is 1435, but Sarna.net's wiki says its 1537).

I'm so confused.