New Record Sheet

Started by Dave Baughman, July 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

A tutorial would definitely help me too.. :P

NAval.. the Support IS the filler for all thats not the Warship, right? :P

Doesnt look that way, though.

Deathrider6

I have done a little bit of testing on the sheet...looks like I might figure it out in time the tutorial is handy and the sheet seems to be working alright as far as my test sheet goes. :)

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 03, 2010, 07:15:03 AM
Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 03, 2010, 04:44:09 AM
Itty bitty update:

Income tab, cell K16, change the formula to:

=IF(K11<0,SUM(K15-K11),K15)

I made that change and it gives me a message that says "Err:501"  Is this normal?

I will look into this. What version of Excel are you using?

Quote from: DXM on July 03, 2010, 08:16:41 AM
Also, I'm not sure about which BV for the Eisensturm is 1.0 and which is 2.0; Combat Operations' master equipment table, for instance, gives the Primary as 2519 while TRO67 gives it as 2475.  Both are labeled simply as "Battle Value" without a version number.  Since Combat Ops is the later publication, I'm going to *assume* that it is correct -- but its numbers don't match with the BV I've got for other designs (for instance, CO says F-92 Stingray is 1435, but Sarna.net's wiki says its 1537).

I'm so confused.

Use the BVs listed in MegaMek 35.16.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

Great, another hour's worth of downloads.  And I'm using the latest version of OpenOffice.

And I've finished filling out my navy stuff, and in the top box of the Validation columm, it says "Err:151".  Below that for the column, and all of the MP Created column, it says "#NAME?".

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 03, 2010, 03:55:20 PM
Great, another hour's worth of downloads.  And I'm using the latest version of OpenOffice.

And I've finished filling out my navy stuff, and in the top box of the Validation columm, it says "Err:151".  Below that for the column, and all of the MP Created column, it says "#NAME?".

Sorry for sticking you with the long download :(

As for the validation issues, it sounds like OpenOffice is not playing nice with IF fields. Is anyone else using Open Office having these problems? Does loading the XLS version instead of the XLSX help?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Holt

Using excel 2003:

Anything with =(MROUND(X),.25) is giving me errors, removing it makes it work.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on July 03, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
Using excel 2003:

Anything with =(MROUND(X),.25) is giving me errors, removing it makes it work.

Does changing the .25 to 0.25 fix it?

According to Microsoft's site, MROUND should work in Excel 2003

UPDATE:

are you getting a "#NAME?" error? If so...

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

1.On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
2.In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
3.If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

let me know if that resolves the issue.

Holt

Holt

Two hours and 1 DC battle group done!!!!!! I hate you Dave, so much!

Holt

Just takes a bit to get all the tables filled, once that happens its very quick.

Daemonknight

I'm having fun with the Dropship tables right now...half the Clan dropships will appear on 2 if not all 3 tables, just because we dont have that many dropships!
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

DXM

You could use SLDF-model DropShips, DK.

Daemonknight

'eh, how many of those you think are going to be operating in frontline galaxies at this point. Not many. They wont be taking up prominent positions: I'm saying that there arn't many varied common designs. Whats the widespread Clan mech carriers? Union-Cs and Overlord-Cs...everything else that carries Mechs is generally classified as an Assault Dropship, so doesn't go in the Transport section.

thats all I mean, is that things I wouldn't call transports, but Assault ships, might have to pull double duty(in lower slots) to fill the tables without putting Union-C in 3 spots in the Transport table.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

chaosxtreme

The clans have never put much imphasis on Aerospace.

Thats why you don't get the bonus against Inner Sphere Navies.

Also why in this game the FWLN remains undefeated against the Clans.

No losses, no losses. If your not first your last!

;D