New Record Sheet

Started by Dave Baughman, July 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DXM

I'd be tempted to fill in as many slots as possible with differing configurations of the Hauptmann.  Just 'cause.

Daemonknight

at that point, I might just drop down to just Flashpoint...I don't think I want to play the same game in 2 different time periods.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Jeyar

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

1.On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
2.In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
3.If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

let me know if that resolves the issue.
[/quote]

Actually, I'm thinking of starting from scratch. Assuming that one has 3.2 OpenOffice, which of the files should we be downloading?

I presently can't even find the "Add-in click mentioned above, nor even going to the "side" can I even find anywhere the word analysis anywhere.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on July 04, 2010, 11:32:26 PM
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

1.On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
2.In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
3.If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

let me know if that resolves the issue.

Actually, I'm thinking of starting from scratch. Assuming that one has 3.2 OpenOffice, which of the files should we be downloading?

I presently can't even find the "Add-in click mentioned above, nor even going to the "side" can I even find anywhere the word analysis anywhere.
[/quote]

The instructions you are quoting are for Excel 2003, so they probably will not work with Open Office.

If you are using Open Office, however, you should probably download the ODS format sheet that is attached to Reply #35 or the XLSX format sheet attached to the top post.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

Hi all,

I ran into a problem with the sheet.

On the the Warships when I try to add 31 or more of any one type of squadron it breaks the sheet.

Max FP curr FP and MP Created turn into #N/A hex's.

Also when I add FP to the Marine column it does not add that FP to the Current or Max FP column.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: chaosxtreme on July 05, 2010, 07:12:51 PM
Hi all,

I ran into a problem with the sheet.

On the the Warships when I try to add 31 or more of any one type of squadron it breaks the sheet.

Max FP curr FP and MP Created turn into #N/A hex's.

Also when I add FP to the Marine column it does not add that FP to the Current or Max FP column.

When the sheet was written, it wasn't anticipated that you would need more than 30 squadrons of any one type of fighter.

I will update this and upload a revised sheet later tonight.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

JediBear

How close are we to a final version of this thing?

DXM

Quote from: JediBear on July 05, 2010, 08:08:21 PM

Not very.  Dave said something earlier about putting in equipment tables for ground forces, too.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: JediBear on July 05, 2010, 08:08:21 PM

The version that is online right now is basically the final version for now. There are a couple of minor tweaks I need to put in, but they do not prevent the current sheet from working.

The ground forces stuff requires significant rules changes and will not be going in for some time.

Holt

Ground Forces Tab:

Using LF move type breaks the 'MP Used' column.

Holt

Quote from: Holt on July 05, 2010, 08:18:17 PM
Ground Forces Tab:

The formula is looking for whats in 'D', but in the Ground Forces sheet doesnt have anything in 'D'.

Gonna try to fix it now.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on July 05, 2010, 10:45:58 PM
Quote from: Holt on July 05, 2010, 08:18:17 PM
Ground Forces Tab:

The formula is looking for whats in 'D', but in the Ground Forces sheet doesnt have anything in 'D'.

Gonna try to fix it now.

I think I know what the issue is. If I am correct, it will be fixed in the updated version I upload later today.

Holt

It better work with copy and paste, because i've finished 3 out 4 already.

Dave Baughman

To resolve the LFB ground forces MP issue, change Ground Forces column R3 from

=IF(E3="Static",IF((O3>0),"INVALID",0),IF(E3="Transported",IF((O3<6),SUM(O3*J3),"INVALID"),IF(E3="Mobile",IF((O3<6),0,"INVALID"),IF(E3="LFB Mobile",IF(VLOOKUP(D3,A252:B362,2,0)="Y",IF((O3>7),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0),IF((O3>6),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0))))))

to

=IF(E3="Static",IF((O3>0),"INVALID",0),IF(E3="Transported",IF((O3<6),SUM(O3*J3),"INVALID"),IF(E3="Mobile",IF((O3<6),0,"INVALID"),IF(E3="LFB Mobile",IF((O3>6),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0)))))

Copy and paste cell R3 into all other R-rows

The issue is an artifact of the naval chart; it is trying to check the list of JumpShip types to determine if the ship is a warship and gets the free 7th hex move.

There is a known issue with fighter force validation that can be resolved by changing Naval Forces cell AG3 from:

=(SUM(H3:J3)*'C:\Users\Dave B\Documents\[TH Orders - Turn 41.xlsx]Equipment Tables (template)'!I$2)

to

=(SUM(H3:J3)*'Equipment Tables (template)'!I$2)

then copy and paste to all other AG cells in the table.

This was a result of inadvertent cross-contamination of the basic sheet with info from the TH sheet during the creation of the tutorial file.

Finally, the new copies that I will be uploading in a moment will have their fighter FP and dropship cross-capacity calculation tables updated from 30 to 60 max. To upgrade an existing sheet, paste in the new cells for 31-60 at the bottom of the naval forces tab, then update R3, AC3, and AD3 to the following:

Quote from: cell R3
=MROUND(SUM(((VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,4,FALSE)/15000)+(VLOOKUP(H3,I$252:O$312,2,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(I3,I$252:O$312,3,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(J3,I$252:O$312,4,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(K3,I$252:O$312,5,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(L3,I$252:O$312,6,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(M3,I$252:O$312,7,FALSE))+(O3*'Equipment Tables (template)'!G$73)/15000)*(VLOOKUP(F3,AI$252:AK$259,2,0))),0.25)

Quote from: cell AC3
=SUM(VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,7,0))+(VLOOKUP(K3,Z$252:AD$312,3,0))+(VLOOKUP(L3,Z$252:AD$312,4,0))+(VLOOKUP(M3,Z$252:AD$312,5,0))

Quote from: cell AD3
=SUM(VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,5,0))+(VLOOKUP(K3,S$252:W$312,3,0))+(VLOOKUP(L3,S$252:W$312,4,0))+(VLOOKUP(M3,S$252:W$312,5,0))

Then copy each of these cells into the rest of the cells for their respective columns within the table.