New (er) Record Sheet - version 0.50

Started by Dave Baughman, July 06, 2010, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on July 10, 2010, 07:25:22 PM
Question here: How are the Clan Fighter Stars supposed to work? They should have a 10 fighter base normally, but that is not reflected in the Naval section.. or in the RAT.. as there are only numbers amounting to 6. I tried to arbitrarily add those up to 10 but naval section still counts in 6er groups.. :(
Quote from: GreyJaeger on July 10, 2010, 07:34:12 PM
You need to change the number of fighters/ star or Lance.
1. Go to Equipment Tab.
2. Line 2, row I
3. Put in 10, or like I did 5.

Grey is correct - if you leave the fighter increment set to six (the default), squadrons will be built to contain six ships each. If you change it to a different number, the formula that assigns fighters to the squadrons will detect this and automatically restructure your fighter forces.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

As I am not completely clueless, I did just that.. :P But there was a group of 36 fighters when I did it in the naval sheet.. so.

Dave Baughman

This might be a silly question, but are you using the fixed version of the sheet that was uploaded when I started this thread? The old version of the sheet had a bug that caused all fighter groups to be multiples of 6.

If that's not the issue, email me your sheet as it is now and I will take a look at it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

I can say for certain that it is version .5 Marlin is using.

He needed help with filling out the Clan Dship RAT.

Marlin

I will send it nonetheless. THe more help I get the sooner I can do it. :P

Cannonshop

For some reason, it doesn't think I should be integrating smallcraft and Marines with Independent Squadrons...

GreyJaeger

I'll ask the stupid question.

Do you have dropships that have SC capacity? If not, then you can't add SC and Marines. If you do, you need to make sure you have them in that formation.

For example, if you look at the list below the RATs, you will see them DS listed in order as they appear. So If your SC dropship is in position 6, but you only have 4 dropships in the formation, it will not be available. So you will either need to add DS to that formation, or place the vessel in the RAT where the DS with SC capacity is in say the #4 slot.

Hopefully that is clear.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyJaeger on July 11, 2010, 11:26:35 AM
I'll ask the stupid question.

Do you have dropships that have SC capacity? If not, then you can't add SC and Marines. If you do, you need to make sure you have them in that formation.

For example, if you look at the list below the RATs, you will see them DS listed in order as they appear. So If your SC dropship is in position 6, but you only have 4 dropships in the formation, it will not be available. So you will either need to add DS to that formation, or place the vessel in the RAT where the DS with SC capacity is in say the #4 slot.

Hopefully that is clear.

One small clarification - even if the dropships don't have SC capacity under the current rules they can carry marines (since "ground forces" carrying capacity isn't tracked)... they just can't carry battle taxis or other boarding craft, so the dropship would have to dock with the target craft to board them.

Also, a lot of JumpShips carry small craft, so if the unit is mobile that's one workaround.

Dave Baughman

OK, I think we have a solution for the "green units have 0 FP." It seems that Open Office is considering "Very Green" to be a close enough match to Green to stop looking and use that value -- however since Very Green units aren't in the rules yet there is no multiplier and it uses zero instead.

The problem will be fixed more comprehensively in a future update but for now the workaround is to go into the skill multiplier chart at the bottom of the sheet and put a multiplier of 0.8 next to "Very Green." This should resolve the problem.

Dave Baughman

Marlin, I examined your sheet in Open Office and I believe I found what is causing your problems. I shot you an email with the details.

DXM

I  never got an answer on my MP usage question.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 10, 2010, 07:00:18 PM
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the sheet not working or me not putting 1 and 1 together to make 2, but. . .well, I'm confused again.  I'm plotting out my unit moves and in the Cyclical Pool, my consumed section is four times the amount of my created section and it has yet to dip into the Permanent Pool boxes.  As an experiment, I put in 5 hexes of movement for an extra four RCTs and even with six times, my MP Pool listing remained "VALID" and never dipped into the Perm. Pool.  Do I have to keep an eye on this manually or something?

I examined the formulas and found the problem. Basically, I had a bad math day. Change cell K16 from

Quote=IF(K11<0;SUM(K15-K11);K15)

to

Quote=IF(K11>0;SUM(K15+K11);K15)

that will fix the mis-calculation and validation problems.

DXM

Yup, that fixed it.  Thanks bro.

Edit: I take that back.  It's hitting Permanent Pool, without dipping into the Cyclical Pool.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 11, 2010, 08:41:14 PM
Yup, that fixed it.  Thanks bro.

Edit: I take that back.  It's hitting Permanent Pool, without dipping into the Cyclical Pool.

Really? That's odd. It should only be hitting your perm pool with the overflow from your cyclical pool. Let me check it again - one sec.

Dave Baughman

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see now. Silly me.

use this formula instead of the one I posted earlier:

=IF(SUM(H11-K11)<0,SUM(K15+(K11-H11)),K15)