New (er) Record Sheet - version 0.50

Started by Dave Baughman, July 06, 2010, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DXM

:: Holds head in hands ::  Surely I can just do this manually -- please?  The reason I ask is that I put the new formula in K16 and now the sheet has come full circle and is back to giving me an Error:501.

Dave Baughman

Look on the bright side, this is teaching me all about Open Office...

The issue, in this case, is semicolons.

Excel uses commas to separate the segments, while OOO uses semicolons. Since you directly copied the formula in instead of having me make an XLSX and run it through the converter, I inadvertently gave you "poison" code.

The segment below works (I tested it in OOO).

=IF(SUM(H11-K11)<0;SUM(K15+(K11-H11));K15)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 12, 2010, 06:16:20 PM
No it doesn't.  Error:501.

That's extremely weird, because it works on my copy of OOO. Can you email me your sheet as it is now? Worst come to worst, go ahead and use manual calcs for this turn, but the whole point of automating the sheet is so you don't have to waste your time on that stuff :(
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Fatebringer

Now that I've read thru all of these, I have a few questions.

A.) Where does RP from Salvage go?
B.) Is there an area for Training?
C.) What was the final result from the Turn 41 Rules update regarding Recharge Stations, and were the previous suggestions for Recharge Stations being considered?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Fatebringer on July 12, 2010, 08:32:50 PM
Now that I've read thru all of these, I have a few questions.

A.) Where does RP from Salvage go?

Trade activity for now. I will probably eventually just rename "raiding revenue" as "combat revenue" or "raiding & salvage" but for now log it as a trade.

B.) Is there an area for Training?

Log it under military construction.

C.) What was the final result from the Turn 41 Rules update regarding Recharge Stations, and were the previous suggestions for Recharge Stations being considered?

All suggestions submitted so far are being considered but there is not a final decision yet. This may be put off until the MP system is overhauled, which won't be for quite a while because of the changes to other areas that are prerequisites.

Parmenion

This might sound silly, but does transportable ASF go in the ground forces sheet or naval sheet?  I ask this, because a lot of ASF forces are integral to a command (ie... for example, the ASF forces which are part of a Davion style RCT).

Thanks

Parmenion

Two other questions...

a.  What happens when you have two Warships in the same flotilla?  For instance, a Horses flotilla contains a Volga class transport and a Lola III.  Am I supposed to split them up now?

b.  Similarly, with mobile units.  The Magistracy has a small mobile unit with 1x Star Lord, 1x Invader and 1x Merchant.  Is this now three separate lines on the naval page?  But still the same unit?

thanks

Fatebringer

You would probably add them seperately, then list them as the same "Fleet"

GraeGor

Quote from: Parmenion on July 13, 2010, 02:09:10 PM
Two other questions...

a.  What happens when you have two Warships in the same flotilla?  For instance, a Horses flotilla contains a Volga class transport and a Lola III.  Am I supposed to split them up now?

b.  Similarly, with mobile units.  The Magistracy has a small mobile unit with 1x Star Lord, 1x Invader and 1x Merchant.  Is this now three separate lines on the naval page?  But still the same unit?

thanks

I'm just going to take a wild guess here and say yes on B, and maybe A (though dont take my word for it as Im still semi-figuring out the Sheet)

and judging by how the Ground Units were placed on the list I got from Little for what went over to Charlie, there are several instances where the Unit is listed in Bold print, under which are the sub-units (for lack of a better term), that comprise the parent Unit

for example:
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Regimental Combat Team
1st Minestrone Cavaliers BatteMech Bridage
1st Minestrone Cavaliers AeroSpace Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Armor Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Infantry Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Armored Infantry Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Atmospheric Brigade (VTOLs, Conventional Fighters)

the example could easily be adjusted to include a WarShip, attending JumpShips, transport DropShips and whatever else in place of the Mech, Armor, Infantry, AI and Atmospheric Brigades

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on July 13, 2010, 01:52:30 PM
This might sound silly, but does transportable ASF go in the ground forces sheet or naval sheet?  I ask this, because a lot of ASF forces are integral to a command (ie... for example, the ASF forces which are part of a Davion style RCT).

For transported units, its pretty much your call as they can go on either tab. In general on the sheets I've been doing, I've assigned ground forces ASF to the ground forces tab unless its clear they are actually carrier-based naval fighters which don't have their own JumpShips.

Thanks

Two other questions...

Please split them in the separate units.

Correct - the way  I have been doing this is to list the unit name in the Fleet column and the individual ship's name in the Unit column.

thanks

Quote from: GraeGor on July 13, 2010, 02:41:34 PM
Two other questions...

thanks

I'm just going to take a wild guess here and say yes on B, and maybe A (though dont take my word for it as Im still semi-figuring out the Sheet)

and judging by how the Ground Units were placed on the list I got from Little for what went over to Charlie, there are several instances where the Unit is listed in Bold print, under which are the sub-units (for lack of a better term), that comprise the parent Unit

for example:
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Regimental Combat Team
1st Minestrone Cavaliers BatteMech Bridage
1st Minestrone Cavaliers AeroSpace Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Armor Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Infantry Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Armored Infantry Brigade
1st Minestrone Cavaliers Atmospheric Brigade (VTOLs, Conventional Fighters)

the example could easily be adjusted to include a WarShip, attending JumpShips, transport DropShips and whatever else in place of the Mech, Armor, Infantry, AI and Atmospheric Brigades

This is a valid way to set up the units if you are so inclined. For naval, just make sure the "header" entry is set to "(blank)" as its unit type, to ensure no MP or FP are inadvertently added.

Jeyar

Argh - hate the aerospace page. Really, really hate it. Really, really, really hate it.

Really, really, really, really hate it. MM can't even allow most middling tactics, and we are doing this for what? And we've had mention of giving the techs away for FREE with this mess as is? Oh Yeah - we're doing this to prevent cheating...  :P

GraeGor

question: Should AeroSpace be on the Ground Forces Tab or the Naval Forces Tab?

august

Quote from: GraeGor on July 14, 2010, 04:21:53 AM

Check the first quoted bit in Dave's most recent post.  ;)

GraeGor

Quote from: august on July 14, 2010, 04:34:36 AM
Quote from: GraeGor on July 14, 2010, 04:21:53 AM

Check the first quoted bit in Dave's most recent post.  ;)

That'll teach me to pay more attention