New (er) Record Sheet - version 0.50

Started by Dave Baughman, July 06, 2010, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Should fix all of the outstanding procedural issues.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Version 0.50 XLSX

Movement Points Hotfix: To correct an issue with permanent MP pool allocation, change Income cell K16 to to following:

=IF(SUM(H11-K11)<0,SUM(K15+(K11-H11)),K15)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Version 0.50 legacy XLS

Movement Points Hotfix: To correct an issue with permanent MP pool allocation, change Income cell K16 to to following:

=IF(SUM(H11-K11)<0,SUM(K15+(K11-H11)),K15)

Dave Baughman

Version 0.50 ODS

=IF(SUM(H11-K11)<0;SUM(K15+(K11-H11));K15)

Please note that this formula is slightly different from that used on the Excel versions.

Dave Baughman

Dave Baughman

Update instructions for 0.49 -> 0.50 (reposted from previous thread)

To resolve the LFB ground forces MP issue, change Ground Forces column R3 from

=IF(E3="Static",IF((O3>0),"INVALID",0),IF(E3="Transported",IF((O3<6),SUM(O3*J3),"INVALID"),IF(E3="Mobile",IF((O3<6),0,"INVALID"),IF(E3="LFB Mobile",IF(VLOOKUP(D3,A252:B362,2,0)="Y",IF((O3>7),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0),IF((O3>6),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0))))))

to

=IF(E3="Static",IF((O3>0),"INVALID",0),IF(E3="Transported",IF((O3<6),SUM(O3*J3),"INVALID"),IF(E3="Mobile",IF((O3<6),0,"INVALID"),IF(E3="LFB Mobile",IF((O3>6),IF((O3<11),SUM((O3-7)*J3),"INVALID"),0)))))

Copy and paste cell R3 into all other R-rows

The issue is an artifact of the naval chart; it is trying to check the list of JumpShip types to determine if the ship is a warship and gets the free 7th hex move.

There is a known issue with fighter force validation that can be resolved by changing Naval Forces cell AG3 from:

=(SUM(H3:J3)*'C:\Users\Dave B\Documents\[TH Orders - Turn 41.xlsx]Equipment Tables (template)'!I$2)

to

=(SUM(H3:J3)*'Equipment Tables (template)'!I$2)

then copy and paste to all other AG cells in the table.

This was a result of inadvertent cross-contamination of the basic sheet with info from the TH sheet during the creation of the tutorial file.

Finally, the new copies that I will be uploading in a moment will have their fighter FP and dropship cross-capacity calculation tables updated from 30 to 60 max. To upgrade an existing sheet, paste in the new cells for 31-60 at the bottom of the naval forces tab, then update R3, AC3, and AD3 to the following:

Quote from: cell R3
=MROUND(SUM(((VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,4,FALSE)/15000)+(VLOOKUP(H3,I$252:O$312,2,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(I3,I$252:O$312,3,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(J3,I$252:O$312,4,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(K3,I$252:O$312,5,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(L3,I$252:O$312,6,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP(M3,I$252:O$312,7,FALSE))+(O3*'Equipment Tables (template)'!G$73)/15000)*(VLOOKUP(F3,AI$252:AK$259,2,0))),0.25)

Quote from: cell AC3
=SUM(VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,7,0))+(VLOOKUP(K3,Z$252:AD$312,3,0))+(VLOOKUP(L3,Z$252:AD$312,4,0))+(VLOOKUP(M3,Z$252:AD$312,5,0))

Quote from: cell AD3
=SUM(VLOOKUP(D3,A$252:G$362,5,0))+(VLOOKUP(K3,S$252:W$312,3,0))+(VLOOKUP(L3,S$252:W$312,4,0))+(VLOOKUP(M3,S$252:W$312,5,0))

Then copy each of these cells into the rest of the cells for their respective columns within the table.

chaosxtreme

So what happens when my Thera's need more then 60 Squadrons of one class of Fighters? :-) j/k

Dave Baughman

Quote from: chaosxtreme on July 06, 2010, 03:42:44 PM
So what happens when my Thera's need more then 60 Squadrons of one class of Fighters? :-) j/k

Rocks fall, FWL dies.

Marlin

I must admit I am at a loss there..is there a template for a really general, bland Clan? This would help me tremendously.

This is going over my head..  :-[

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on July 06, 2010, 04:40:01 PM
I must admit I am at a loss there..is there a template for a really general, bland Clan? This would help me tremendously.

This is going over my head..  :-[

You mean like for the equipment table? If you want a "generic" Clan setup, just go into Total Warfare or Strat Ops and copy over an appropriate RAT from there.

If that doesn't help, shoot me a PM with your specific issue and I will try to help you with it.

Jeyar

Since this newer version seems to be humming I don't want to mess up - what is the "best" way to list territory for those with more than 9 hex spaces? Continue around, copy or insert - and is there anything that needs changes with the suggested method?

Finally getting somewhere - however I have to ask myself, was it REALLY so important for me to get all those level 1 designs....  :P

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on July 06, 2010, 05:54:42 PM
Since this newer version seems to be humming I don't want to mess up - what is the "best" way to list territory for those with more than 9 hex spaces? Continue around, copy or insert - and is there anything that needs changes with the suggested method?

Finally getting somewhere - however I have to ask myself, was it REALLY so important for me to get all those level 1 designs....  :P

To add more rows, the easiest way to do it is probably to highlight one of the intermediate rows (i.e. not the first row, not the bottom row) and use "insert rows" until you have enough to accomodate all of your territory. That should cause the summation formulas at the bottom to automatically update.

DXM

Aaaaaaaaand. . . . . success!  All information transposed to the new sheet and all formulas working fine.  I love it when a plan comes together.

Deathrider6

The new sheet is trim and wooks well I need to fidget with the territory tab just to make sure I get the gist of it I have been experimenting with a "test sheet.." so I at least know how it works..just need to transfer from the .49 version to the latest.

Jeyar

Okay I was typing my units in and I noticed a few things that I can probably answer with common sense, but I'm Taurian so...

;D

For some of the weight classes I have way more designs than I have slots. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I begged, borrowed, bought and "other things" in order to get a lot of designs (admittedly level 1 for the most part). Should I only put designs I "want" in the list, or ones that make sense for when the unit was put together? The second part is that I ALSO went and made forces that were quite nearly all one design - mainly as they were built to do certain combat missions but not ALL mission types (like the Far Looker Defender navies as an example - they have a purpose and were made to DO that purpose very, very well for all that I don't have the 8 best designs to do that particular mission type).
So... do I lose designs that I don't put in the list? Do my carefully created forces become generic?

I'm hoping missing designs don't go poof - otherwise I'm flexible, but I am ALSO willing to enter more into the sheets if that is allowed.

Edit: error fixed.