New (er) Record Sheet - version 0.50

Started by Dave Baughman, July 06, 2010, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 07, 2010, 06:32:03 PM
Quote from: Dave Baughman on July 07, 2010, 06:11:34 PM
That's very strange. When I open the ODS in Excel, those calculations all appear to be working correctly, so I think the problem is with Open Office. Let me ask you two questions:

1) Are you using the latest version?

2) Is there any kind of option to update the cell when you right click on it?

UPDATE

This Link appears to provide a couple of different workarounds, notably using the F9 key (I assume this updates any dependent cells). Please take a look and let me know if this resolves your issue.

DXM, this might also resolve the problem you are having with skill modifiers.

Nope.  Doesn't change a thing.  And Veteran and Elite mods work fine -- I guess Fate doesn't want me to have Green units.  I can always just list them as Regular and recalculate their composition to match the Green FP.  I'm not intending to build any Green ASF units anyway, so the broken link isn't a massive problem.

That's certainly a viable workaround. One thing to check before you do that however - go into the feeder tables at the bottom and check to see if the "Green" skill multiplier is set to 0.8 like it should be. If its blank, or if the numbers are displaced somehow, that might be the problem.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

Checked that already, and its present.  I guess I'll go the jury-rigging route.

Iron Mongoose

Well, F9 is about as useless as this computer in general (which may need a new keyboard now).  Its open office 3.1, I think. 

Dave Baughman

Once I get my new PC, I'll install Open Office on it so I can directly trouble-shoot. So... worst come to worst I'll have an answer for you by the end of the week.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Iron Mongoose

Ok.  I'll keep looking into it, so long as I don't get too worked up about it (again).

Deathrider6

No issues here got it working silky smooth but I'm running office 2007.

Deathrider6

On the Naval Tab the movement costs are not being added got a fix Dave?

august

Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but what goes in the "composition" column of the ground forces page?

GreyJaeger

Medium Mech binary/company, heavy vehicle binary/company, BA binary/company, etc.

I am guessing anyway.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: august on July 08, 2010, 12:44:30 AM
Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but what goes in the "composition" column of the ground forces page?

Right now it only needs enough information for you to differentiate what is in the corresponding unit. It could be as simple as "'Mech regiment" or as complex as "3 Clan Hvy Binaries, 2 Clan Med. Binaries"

Iron Mongoose

So if you're the Clans and all your units are combined arms, then "Combined Arms Cluster" is enough?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 08, 2010, 06:22:10 AM
So if you're the Clans and all your units are combined arms, then "Combined Arms Cluster" is enough?

Works for me.

DXM

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the sheet not working or me not putting 1 and 1 together to make 2, but. . .well, I'm confused again.  I'm plotting out my unit moves and in the Cyclical Pool, my consumed section is four times the amount of my created section and it has yet to dip into the Permanent Pool boxes.  As an experiment, I put in 5 hexes of movement for an extra four RCTs and even with six times, my MP Pool listing remained "VALID" and never dipped into the Perm. Pool.  Do I have to keep an eye on this manually or something?

Marlin

Question here: How are the Clan Fighter Stars supposed to work? They should have a 10 fighter base normally, but that is not reflected in the Naval section.. or in the RAT.. as there are only numbers amounting to 6. I tried to arbitrarily add those up to 10 but naval section still counts in 6er groups.. :(

GreyJaeger

You need to change the number of fighters/ star or Lance.
1. Go to Equipment Tab.
2. Line 2, row I
3. Put in 10, or like I did 5.