Suggestions For Charlamagne's "Adder Commonwealth"

Started by GraeGor, July 11, 2010, 03:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Steiner Commonwealth- it gives the people the idea that they are still a part of the Commonwealth, and that it's led by the Steiner bloodline still. Changing the name to something removed from the Steiner or Commonwealth names could make them feel to subverted by the Clan influence. But that would only be for that one section, you couldn't call all CSA holdings in the IS that...

Well, I suppose in a way you could... You could modify the leadership system of the Clan... Make a special rank, above Galaxy Commander, but below saKhan/Khan, and have that be hereditary among the Steiner Bloodname... Its not really a Clanlike idea, but then again, trying to turn that whole section into Clan worlds voids most of your basis for taking them- they don't want to be Clan, they want to be Lyrans, even if they are led by a Clanner... Something to think about at least.

Lyran Confederation/Confederacy: The definition of a Confederacy, is an association of sovereign member states that have(usually by treaty), combined several of their institutions without actually forming a new nation.

So, Charlie's Adder Commonwealth would be considered it's own state, and Clan Star Adder would be considered it's own, but they would share certain things between them, like the military, the Watch... not sure what else, but hopefully you get the idea.

Here's the wiki link, incase I didn't explain it sufficently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
It seems to me that this conveys what you're trying to accomplish: still Lyran, but semi-Clan at the same time.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Aleksandr

Adder Alliance. It harkens back to the days before the Lyrans were gutted (and I assume the Elsies still think highly of Katrina), and implies a more equal footing between Clan and IS.

Iron Mongoose

That's true, "Kat" was a myrtered hero in this timeline, not really shown to be what she in canon became.  With Victor safely dead, she's almost sure to remain that way.

Daemonknight

Too many Alliances... Outworlds, Horse, Raven(granted thats in the future, but still)
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Aleksandr

Well, there can be only one of those three. Looks like the Horses beat the Ravens to it... and displaced the Outworlders.

Could just call yourselves the Lyran Alliance, if you want real legitimacy for Charlemagne, too.

GraeGor

I think I've gotten all the ideas that I'm going to get, so am calling this "complete"

GMs/Admins, feel free to lock this thread