Metafaction private boards

Started by Dave Baughman, July 18, 2010, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Just a heads-up to everyone, based on your membership you may be seeing some new boards appear on your screen. Specifically:

Clan Grand Council
Star League Council
Coalition Headquarters
The Canopus Club

These are private boards for the Clans, the Star League, the Coalition of Periphery States, and the Independants respectively.

Please bear in mind that the information on those boards is not general knowledge unless/until it is posted on a public board or disclosed to a third party by PM.

Speaking in PMs, any business that doesn't need to be in PM and can be put in one of the private forums instead -- please use the private forum. This keeps a more permanent record and reduces the accumulation of messages in the GMs' inboxes.

PS - public roleplaying should still go in the existing Faction IC threads, and Combat (of any type) should still go in the combat sub-boards.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Iron Mongoose

Looks like I got missed in the Periph board, as Randis is technicly still in the Periph group. 

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 18, 2010, 03:44:58 PM
Looks like I got missed in the Periph board, as Randis is technicly still in the Periph group. 

Iron, I am showing you as being in the Coalition of Periphery States group. You should be able to see "Coalition Headquarters," which is the COPS board. Let me know if you are still unable to access it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Cannonshop

Darn.  I love watching the Clanners go at it with snarling anger-they're the most active players here.

Means DXM, Deathrider, August and I are going to have to crank up the volume to make up for the lost entertainment.

august

A possible hiccup with the metafaction boards - I don't have my login saved, and when I navigate to the forum as a guest, I can access all of the private boards. If we're trying to avoid metagaming thus, it's not really going to work.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: august on July 18, 2010, 07:37:48 PM
A possible hiccup with the metafaction boards - I don't have my login saved, and when I navigate to the forum as a guest, I can access all of the private boards. If we're trying to avoid metagaming thus, it's not really going to work.

Reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllly now. I'll have to fix that.

+1 for good sportsmanship.

Deathrider6

Hmm Volume...my Peavey stacks still go to 11... ;)

chaosxtreme

Canopus Club?

....and just why am I barred from this obviously adult oriented Pleasure Circus? ;-) j/k

Jeyar

One thing that would make sense would be to allow those that are part of the boards to know just who else is allowed on those boards.

Cannonshop

Quote from: chaosxtreme on July 18, 2010, 07:40:58 PM
Canopus Club?

....and just why am I barred from this obviously adult oriented Pleasure Circus? ;-) j/k

Because unlike the fractured Lyrans, the Leaguers are sane, stable, rational people who don't charge Elementals with bayonets in the middle of a mangrove swamp?

chaosxtreme

Well that depends are the Clanners already dead? And or Are the bayonets being weilded by a guy on a Savannah Master?

"Drive closer I want to hit them with my bayonet!!!"

I really should create a FWL Char like that for the hell of it.

Cannonshop

Quote from: chaosxtreme on July 18, 2010, 07:51:05 PM
Well that depends are the Clanners already dead? And or Are the bayonets being weilded by a guy on a Savannah Master?

"Drive closer I want to hit them with my bayonet!!!"

I really should create a FWL Char like that for the hell of it.

Lan Nguyen, on Kwangchowwang, with a company of light infantry, the only reason it's adder tan, is that the Clanners in question were under specific orders and had to break their bid or be in the shithouse with the rest of the Grand Council.

The invasion thread in turn 40, one of the smallest uses of simpres ever, light infantry with VTOL support against Clan second-liners in terrain where there's a .5 CF floor over two meters of water, over deep, lethal, quicksand mud with trees too dense-packed for hover vehicles.  Terrain choice and Zell, and it was almost a win for the infantry...(really it WAS a win-the Adders had to break their bid or lose the invasion! against LIGHT INFANTRY!!)

Aleksandr

Well, that does make sense. How often do people really use light infantry against the Clans? I'd be surprised if most non-garrison Clan clusters had any experience at all fighting against 'em.

Daemonknight

You are emphasizing the whole Light Infantry thing a bit much: its FP, meaning you recieved a force of light infantry equal in combat ability to the Clanners, which would most likly be large outnumbering. So, I think you are attempting to make more of it than it truly was...if that light infantry had been assault mechs of the same FP, it wouldn't have changed anything: the Adders would still have told you that despite your valiant efforts to stop them, the world was just too important to relinquish.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

NVA

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 18, 2010, 08:23:53 PM
You are emphasizing the whole Light Infantry thing a bit much: its FP, meaning you recieved a force of light infantry equal in combat ability to the Clanners, which would most likly be large outnumbering. So, I think you are attempting to make more of it than it truly was...if that light infantry had been assault mechs of the same FP, it wouldn't have changed anything: the Adders would still have told you that despite your valiant efforts to stop them, the world was just too important to relinquish.

Clan Mechwarriors of the Star Udders were beat by mere foot soldiers.  Man, the Blood Spirits should be LOVING that.  The Adders should be embarrassed.  The haughty Falcons should be cawwing racously at the hilarity of the embarassment.  Mere...Periphery...Infantry.  The embarassment...