1 (5.6%)
Open Office Calc 2.X or older
0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 23, 2010, 03:36:41 PM

Dave Baughman

Considering the massive cluster of "fun" we have been having with regard to Open Office not playing nice with the orders sheet, I am gathering some data to determine who is using what in our community.

I am considering several options to try and reduce compatibility problems and general frustration related to working with the orders spreadsheet without compromising functionality, and it would be helpful if all faction leaders could please indicate what they are using as their spreadsheet reader.

The poll will run for three days only, so please respond ASAP.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Holt

Office 2003, but do i count for 4 votes?

DisGruntled

GraeGor

Im using OpenOffice, and other than just rying to figure out the little things (abbreviations mainly), I find it acceptable

Prior to this experience, I never really used anything similar...all I did with Excel was to view what Dis had come up with

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

I think besides OOffice 3 I have an old version of Excel.. 97 or so? Dunno.

DXM

OpenOffice, because I refuse to pay for MS Office.  Even though PowerPoint is so much easier to use than OO Impress.

Iron Mongoose

My old computer had Excel built in, so I used it, but with the new computer I've had to switch to open office, since it's not worth it to pay for something I can get for free, or at least so close as Open Office is.

The resualt is that most of my old files are excel style, while the new ones are OO.

DisGruntled

Well I tried uploading to Microsoft's Skydrive Excel / Office live and it couldn't handle the validation.

Google Documents on the other hand looks to be mostly behaving.
It appears to have kept the formatting intact but lost the headers on the naval / ground tab as well as the quick hidding  rows/columns buttons on the expenses and naval tabs.

Parmenion

GreyJaeger

Office 2010...Had to upgrade form 2000, plus for school I have to use Ofice.

Don't judge me... :)

JediBear

OpenOffice 3.2 Calc.

I could use Excel on my windows machine, but I prefer to game on my main machine while doing spreadsheets on my project system.