Disaster Relief (Invasion) Tharkad (1619). Now with RP.(Combat Complete)

Started by Deathrider6, July 21, 2010, 02:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NVA

OOC - Moved to PM.

Dave Baughman

Before the comm shack could set up a link, the graceful curves of a suborbital liner broke through the cloud cover and descended quickly towards the main landing strip.

A few minutes later, the principals on the ground - Tutuola, Russel, and Taks - waited as the aircraft taxied to a halt and cracked its side hatch. The first two men out the door were LC infantrymen in full battle dress, who swept the perimeter with subguns before gesturing an all clear.

Clearly in more than a little discomfort, Nondi Steiner emerged and descended the boarding platform to the tarmac. The aged general paused for a moment before regaining her posture and striding purposefully towards the assembled officers.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

august

Despite his years of poise, Taks found himself fidgeting as the General of the Armies made her arrival. Call it age catching up to him, or the lingering sense that he might later be called out for not shooting one if not all of the assembled VIPs bothered him a bit. As the commander of the least prestigious unit on Tharkad, he had ordered his people to stay away from cameras and not worry about the political posturing; it was only a last-minute flip of a coin that brought him here. The 21st was already packed and ready to bolt if things turned ugly - thankfully the distribution of supplies could, if it came to it, be reliably entrusted to the locals. It was only the knowledge that the men and women under his command were reasonably safe that drove his own worries regarding arrest or worse from his mind. He cast a sidelong glance at Hall and muttered something inaudible.

Deathrider6

Tharkad.

"Stand Auf!!" The cluster of officers snapped to attention and General Russell saluted crisply. "Welcome to Hiedelberg, General. We have an uplink to SLDF command he has an urgent message for you." He held his salute and waited for Nondi to return it.

NVA

The Wolf Loremaster waited while the pomp and circumstance happened.  Then, he turned to address the assembled officers.

"I must ask a question of each of you.  Do you recognize Nondi Steiner as General of the Armies and your superior commander, both here on this world and of all the armies in your region and beyond?"

Deathrider6

Tharkad.

General Russell looked at the Loremaster. "Nondi Steiner is the General of the Armies at this time."

Dave Baughman

(OOC: this occurs before Tutuola poses his question)

General Steiner returned the salutes of Russel and the other assembled officers, "Thank you, General. I had hoped to conduct an inspection of the troops here first, but if it is an emergency... well, I am sure whatever sort of emergency the SLDF can come up with will still be a relief compared to the last two months." Nondi delivered the last line with a half-hearted smile.

"General Russel, Colonel Taks, and..." she looked at the Wolf Clan warrior, "I do not believe I have had the pleasure of being introduced, Star Colonel."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

NVA

"It is Galaxy Commander, General.  And I am Loremaster Richard Tutuola.  I wish our greeting could be under better circumstances.  But, my understanding is that the matter that the Commanding General wishes to speak with you about is urgent and requires your attention specifically.  There are security concerns as well."

OOC - When Dave says OKay.  Fast forward to the loyalty question.

Deathrider6

Tharkad

"We can troop the line at anytime General. I have a company from each sub unit of the 4th present as the rest of the RCT is busy helping with cleanup,SAR and Civic assistance work."

Dave Baughman

Nondi nodded to the Loremaster and to General Russel, "Very well, we will adjourn to the command center and listen to what the Commanding General has to say. General, Colonel, I would appreciate it if you would accompany myself and the Galaxy Commander, as we have some matters we must discuss afterwards."

(OOC: OK, timewarp over, back to Tutoula's question to the other Lyrans)

august

Quote from: NVA on July 27, 2010, 12:06:03 AM
"I must ask a question of each of you.  Do you recognize Nondi Steiner as General of the Armies and your superior commander, both here on this world and of all the armies in your region and beyond?"

"I'm no politician, so you'll forgive me if I defer the question... ah... particularly when asked by one who's not part of the LCAF. I may not be up on my diplomatic protocols, but I know enough to not go airing Lyran dirty laundry for foreigners. Suffice it to say that we have cooperated with all orders given by the General of the Armies."

Deathrider6

Tharkad.

General Russell looked over at the other officers gathered and then followed Nondi to back to the Command Center.

NVA

"Very well gentlemen.  If you will please wait out here, General Steiner needs to see this alone.  Then, she can decide how to disseminate the information.  Operational security, you understand."

Dave Baughman

OOC - NVA, lets handle your briefing in PM if you want to keep it confidential. Shoot me your info and I'll answer tonight.

Dave Baughman

While the General and Loremaster presumedly confer inside the conference room, a Wolf Clan civilian with an aesclepian staff insignia on his collar pushes past Russel and Taks into the conference room with a look of urgency on his face. While the door is briefly open a few words can be overheard:

"...the dire situation.  Frankly, Arc Royal can not be held.  It is going..."