RP/MM Turn 41: FWL & Skiye Allied Opvs LC Independents Hesperus II[COMPLETE]

Started by chaosxtreme, July 21, 2010, 03:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Deathrider6

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

friendly fire
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Victim (1-2 = FWL troops, 3 = LC troops)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Scatter to aviod dmg for Allied Units

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

% out of position roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Simp res for Hesperus II

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Critacal roll (if applicable)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

chaosxtreme

12th Atrean DropZone Hesperus II, Skye Province.

"Atrean Actual, Atrean actual this is Beta-2-2 forward elements I got Hauptmans, Blitzkriegs, Alacorns and more pouring out of the factory Complex..mother of god There's no end to them sir!"

Say again Beta-2-2 confirm hostile numbers.

"Whole damn RCT sir, Fenrir's too their all coming out to play. Atrean Actual I need orbital support fire to hold this position and prevent the loss of Beta-2-2. Its not juts the Mech Jocks sir its the whole thrice damned Elsie RCT bearing down on me. This is Beta 2-2 Need Orbital Fire Mission to hold this position. Repeat not request, required or Beta-2-2 will be destroyed."

"Roger Beta 2-2 this is Atrean Actual passing you off to Naval Support now. Keep cool son, we will win this."

Deathrider6

OOC: Bear with my gentlemen I'm learning the cobat system as we go reading the rules just does not cut it ya gotta do it at least once. Thanks the chaosextreme for the help.

Dave Baughman

Orbital Strike Results
11th Lyran Regulars damage ceiling: 6.5 FP
11th Lyran Regulars out of position: 4.0 FP
5th Royal Guards damage ceiling: 3.0 FP
5th Royal Guards out of position: 2.0 FP

Total Hesperus forces available for combat (including 1st Lyran Guards RCT): 61.25 FP
Total Skye/FWL forces available for combat: 112.00 FP

Both sides rolled an "8" on simple resolution with no critical events

Hesperus forces inflict 40 FP
Skye/FWL forces inflict 72.75 FP

Clearly the commander of the 1st Lyran Guards RCT made a serious tactical error in sallying from the fortress to engage.

Hesperus defenders are destroyed.

Defiance Industries corporate forces (and the small number of scattered defenders) remain in control of the facility itself.

Deathrider6

Hesperus II 5th Lyran Regulars DZ

"Mein Gott! 2nd Batt just got whacked hard we got some fierce scatter. Colonel Sandra Nidhardt shouted over the comms. Grounding in 3..2..one. Have at em boys!"

chaosxtreme

This is Lord Admiral Regal, try to show some composure Beta 2-2 your representing the Captain-General and parliament down there before our Skye born allies. Free Worlds Ships Lefty Eastwick, Corinne Marik, Carthage and Olympic kindly remind Mr Brewer that we have his position sighted and that he moves upon that planet with our permission or not at all."

"Good show all, to the Captain of the Olympic your poor shooting in this engagement shall be reflected in my report. I doubt you could have killed more of our allies had you been actually trying to destroy them."

OOC: Don't worry about it Deathrider6 I only am as "good" at orbital bombard because the Blood Spirits "learned" about them last turn in blood. lol

Your doing a great job and already took an action that I wouldn't have that paid off good for ourside your 5th Guards Scatter orders.

This fight is your balliwick fight it your way. No matter what goes down don't worry about it.

Deathrider6

5th  Lyran Regulars DZ, Hesperus II

"Duke Brewer you brought this on yourself. The lives lost here are on your head. We have you surrounded and are offering amnestry to any defenders who surrender immediately. Failure to comply will result in you being rooted out and destroyed." He closed the channel and looked at his exec. "Begin prepping for an assault on the complex if they don't come out willingly."

chaosxtreme

"Lyre Actual this is Marik Dos. Marik Actual is down I repeat Marik Actual is down. Sir we have to go in now. Atrean group held but got shot to pieces, Brewer's families been preparing to defend that facility for going on four hundred years now he may be an idiot but his entire line can't be. We need to go in before they have a chance to get the gates shut again, switch on some lost tech whatsit from the Castle Brian or worse...detonate a nuke in that facility out of spite.  The Lyran Commonwealth just lost two good RCT's today, if you lose Defiance Industries too I don't know how we're going to stop the Clans Short of Skye let alone short of Tharkad. "