[RP/MM] Turn 41 - CIH v. AR New Exford (Recon Raid{Invasion) [closed]

Started by Marlin, July 22, 2010, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

New Exford's Deep Space was rippled. Would they be seen?

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9

"Nav, Sensors are we exposed?"

Marlin

"Star Captain, I can proudly tell you that we can start our mission with surprise on our side."

A Dropship begins to burn towards the surface.

(OP I was about to write gather all data but then I remembered that this is ground based. :P)

Marlin

This is AR too, sorry August, but I cannot change the title anymore w/o screwing up the roll.

Care to roll here as well?

august

Defense roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

Marlin

So, when can we do this? We should have over a month time, though. In August I will have likely aplenty.

Marlin

Marlin

Raider's Roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]

august

Defense roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote]

Marlin

Number crunching: your 70 % round down to 1 FP. Attacker does 60 % damage: 0.9 FP. I would round it up. :P

You do 45 % damage, round up to 0.5 FP. Agreed?

Then again its salvage time for the CIH: 1.5 FP are in the pot: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 5, 2 + 2, total 9[/blockquote] how much they can get

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+5 : 3, 5 + 5, total 13[/blockquote] how much is available to grab:

Marlin

CIH make up barely for their losses.

However, another invasion force is incoming: As the Militia? is already down..

august

OOC: I'm sorry Marlin - I'm still learning the rules and I'm pretty dense besides but I don't understand what's going on here. Is there more than one Hellion unit here with different orders? Or is one unit taking two actions?

Marlin

OOC: no problem at all. Following was scheduled: one small unit was tasked with a Recon Raid and another with Invasion. First went the Raid to see if an invasion was possible. As it is now, it seems so, unless there are more units, but this would be known by me now with a successful raid. (Is there any more?) As the Raid is over, the Invasion commences.

So to answer: there are more units needed. The Raid is over. Likewise it happened on Sargasso.

august

Okay, are there two units here? If the 11th Hellion Fightgood cluster was tasked with a recon raid and the 12th Hellion Fightgood cluster was given invasion orders, sure, no problem. Or is it just the 11th? I'm just not sure if a unit given recon orders is conquering my planet, and even though I understand the logic behind it, I'm not sure if the rules allow for it.

Marlin

I would think if it is separated on the orders sheet, even the 11ths fightgood could make both missions, just with separate subunits, like the one which raided. In this case, other units are involved. Logic, check.

Rules wise: Dave is a good benchmark, I guess. He used this system before. Ridderkerk, to be precise.

Dave Baughman

Technically, one unit can both recon raid and complete an invasion, since the invasion "meta-order" can include both raid and battle orders at the tactical level, but what Marlin did was legal too. The advantage of having a separate recon unit is that it allows the main invasion force to wait outside the star system (and safe from interdiction, blockades, etc) until the recon results are received. Then the owner can make a strategic choice as to whether or not to deploy the invasion unit.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.