OOC Thread #2

Started by Dave Baughman, July 26, 2010, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyJaeger

More than likely, the thermostat is set too low for the unit to ever reach, meaning it will be running constantly. It can also be refrigerant is low, compressor is weak, or other maintenance issues. As suck as it sounds, you need to turn it off, and let the AC thaw. Trust me, I understand... I live near Biloxi, MS.

DXM

Already did that, this is the second time its happened.

GreyJaeger

Is it a window unit, or central air? Sounds if it is a window unit, sounds like it needs to be pitched and replaced. If central air, you unit needs servicing.

DXM

Neither.  It's mounted on the wall of my Containerized Housing Unit (CHU for short).  And they just serviced it about a week ago anyway.

Cannonshop

Quote from: DXM on August 15, 2010, 07:31:23 AM
Neither.  It's mounted on the wall of my Containerized Housing Unit (CHU for short).  And they just serviced it about a week ago anyway.

Ah...I see your problem.

"Lowest Bidder".

Aside from that, it probably needs another good cleaning and a filter job (yes, I know, it was just serviced LAST WEEK), you might be able to 'de-frost' it in the evenings, when temps only drop to, what. Eighty?  (I'm presuming you're in the sandbox, with that damn talcum-sand dust)

GreyJaeger

Okay... I am full of EPIIIIIIIIIIIIC FAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!!

What is the saying at the end of voting sessions for Clan Councils.. and not Seyla.. I remember that. I do not have access to my novels at this time, so diiging it up is being a mofo.

Daemonknight

Bargained well and done is at the end of a bidding session, although its used a number of times in less formal situations where one warrior maneuvers another into something.

Otherwise, Seyla is the only thing I can think of that you might be after.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

GreyJaeger

It always seemed like right before "Seyla" there was some statement about how now this is done, so let no one keep whining. "Seyla"

Daemonknight

And of course, I don't have Bloodname, which is the only book where I know I could find it :P trying to see if I can find anything in WotC for u
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

GreyJaeger

Huh... I did not realize Bloodright was Steel Viper heavy. Sweet! ;D

Daemonknight

Wow, so in reading through Way of the Clans, I've come across a really interesting figure. Falconer Commander Ter Roshak is having a little introspective moment, and comments on the number of training groups on Ironhold.

He says there are almost 100 Falconer Commanders on Ironhold alone, and each one is in charge of about 20-25 sibkos. Thats around 2250 sibkos on Ironhold at any given time. Figure the majority are between 4 and 8 trainnees(the middle stages), with outlyers at 1-3(just before their ToP) and 7-12(just arrived).

Beginning: say 20% of the sibkps are at this stage/size. average of 9.5 cadets/sibko, thats 4275 cadets
Middle: say 60% of the sibkos are at this stage/size. average of 6 cadets/sibko, thats 8100 cadets
End: say 20% of the sibkps are at this stage/size. average of 2 cadets/sibko, thats 900 cadets

About 13000 cadets at various stages of training, on a single world, for a single Clan.
As for the finishing stages, he says its about 50% who actually pass their ToP, so thats 450 cadets that become warriors, at any given time(not sure how often ToPs actually occur).

Thats alot higher than I thought it would be

GreyJaeger

I can swear reading something, somewhere, that in even the majority of Clans, i.e. not the hard-asses like the Vipers or Spirits, it was not uncommon for entire sibkos to wash out. FM:WC in the "Training" section for Clan Steel Viper, that it is common for most Clans to graduate 4-5 warriors/sibko.

Of course, depending on the time frame in which this is being discussed, there can be a number of reasons. After Tukkayyid, or the Refusal War, yeah.. The Falcons would probably be running as much as they can just to rebuild. In the run-up to Revival, yep. During the Golden Age.. probably not.

Daemonknight

Yeah, this is from Way of the Clans, so its in the timeframe of Aiden Pryde's training... I forget how old he is at Tukkayid, but it can't be all that long before the Invasion really kicks off, I mean, he gets his bloodname right before the Great Gash at Twycross happens. And then right after that is when he gets assigned to rebuild the Falcon Guards. And Tukkayid is their first combat assignment after Twycross.

Cannonshop

My bright ideas always go haywire.  I rolled what I suppose I could have just handwaved, and killed the character I was using...horribly.

it DID make me think about what to write next, though.

DXM

But she went out like a champ!  That's a good death.